The Sims #2 We still love it

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Old thread: (1) The Sims | Tattle Life

Carry on Simmers!

Who is getting the new EP in March?
Ooft. I think I will wait and see just how broken the Infants AI is before even thinking about it. I love family gameplay, but after the staggering bugs that accompanied My Wedding Stories and High School Years, I'll leave it until after a patch or two, and wait for a 30% off sale.

Still actually enjoying playing my Eco Terrorist Werewolves versus Capitalist Vampires storyline, to be honest. Now there's a pair of packs I got my moneys worth from!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ooft. I think I will wait and see just how broken the Infants AI is before even thinking about it. I love family gameplay, but after the staggering bugs that accompanied My Wedding Stories and High School Years, I'll leave it until after a patch or two, and wait for a 30% off sale.

Still actually enjoying playing my Eco Terrorist Werewolves versus Capitalist Vampires storyline, to be honest. Now there's a pair of packs I got my moneys worth from!
I am more of a builder and tend to only play with one sim haha! maybe I should get into storylines more.

My High School years is so buggy. My sim gets expelled every time she goes to school. For no reason either. I attend all the classes.

Reactions: 3
I recently caved and got sims 4 and some expansions but I just can’t get used to it! I’m a sims 2 loyalist so I keep going back to that 😂

Reactions: 4
I'm really looking forward to the new expansion pack. I love family gameplay and I want to get back into a Legacy family I started playing a while back. (I always seem to hit a wall whenever I get to generation 5 and then start over 😅) but I am determined to stick with this family and carry on.

I'm expecting the game to be a broken mess when the base game infant update comes out. I've already scaled back the amount of Mods and CC I use. The high school years updates really messed up my game and had to find mods to fix things :rolleyes: I do not want to have to go through all that again!

Reactions: 6
I'm probably in the minority here but I don't want infants to change. I already get so annoyed with having to take care of toddlers because it's so buggy and takes forever, so my sim cannot do anything else. Having infants to take care of aswell is going to be horrible.

Reactions: 5
I'm probably in the minority here but I don't want infants to change. I already get so annoyed with having to take care of toddlers because it's so buggy and takes forever, so my sim cannot do anything else. Having infants to take care of aswell is going to be horrible.
Toddlers really annoy me in my games 😅 my sim just refuses to put them in the high chair and if they do they take them out immediately! Then they complain they're starving. Plus they just never seem to complete any action with their kid and go off and do their own thing

WTF is with the kids “making a mess” and throwing paint or flour everywhere? Including in public! There are numerous mods designed to stop it but none of them work

Its March and only a coupke days left till the update 🤪 Lets hope EA doesnt release this half broken as im tired of aging up my newborns to a child ;-)

I can't wait but I do wish we were getting pre-teens or something similar, the leap between child and teen is a big one and a pre-teen life stage would be really cool.

No new pack for me until next month - my cat has to have an operation next week! he is worth it though.

• Heart
I miss the sims so much. I was an avid simmer until sims 4 but I just don't have time now and I miss it! Maybe once I'm out of the toddler haze I'll get back to it!

• Heart
I miss the sims so much. I was an avid simmer until sims 4 but I just don't have time now and I miss it! Maybe once I'm out of the toddler haze I'll get back to it!
You'll get the time back! My son turned 3 in October, I have a lot more time to play now.

I haven’t got around to watching the last live stream yet. For me the sims 2 and 3 are just better games.

Some potentially interesting news regarding Sims-esque games.

Paradox, the company who made Cities: Skylines (ie the game that essentially took the crown of city-building games away from the failing Sim City franchise) has stated it's going to be making "Life By You", which appears to be a life simulation game. There is a very, very sparse teaser HERE, more info to come March 20th.

Paradox have the financial heft and the expertise in life sim games to maybe make something that could challenge EA. Interestingly, a person high up in their organisation is Rod Humble, the man who was head of development for a great deal of Sims 2 and 3.

It sounds promising, though of course we'll need to wait and see what the trailers and gameplay in a year or so will actually be. But EA sure could use a bit of competition!

• Wow
Some potentially interesting news regarding Sims-esque games.

Paradox, the company who made Cities: Skylines (ie the game that essentially took the crown of city-building games away from the failing Sim City franchise) has stated it's going to be making "Life By You", which appears to be a life simulation game. There is a very, very sparse teaser HERE, more info to come March 20th.

Paradox have the financial heft and the expertise in life sim games to maybe make something that could challenge EA. Interestingly, a person high up in their organisation is Rod Humble, the man who was head of development for a great deal of Sims 2 and 3.

It sounds promising, though of course we'll need to wait and see what the trailers and gameplay in a year or so will actually be. But EA sure could use a bit of competition!
Is this the same thing as Paralives?

I never played the Sims (I played SimCity 3000). Don't know why, it seems to be a game my past me would've liked. I started playing The Sims 4 when they started giving it away for free. But I only have a MacBook Pro (13") and it's not really good for games (except Stardew Valley!) so I deinstalled it. But now I discovered that it's also available on Playstation and I don't know why I never use our PS, but since my husband got the new one, I'm the one playing with it (I grew up with computers and never had a console, so I wasn't really interested in the PS). So i downloaded Sims 4 and I can finally play it without fear of destroying my computer. lol But the way you play it, with the controller ... it's really difficult. Has anyone played Sims on the Playstation?

my husband has all Sims games and a lot of extensions on his computer. Someday I will buy a computer with Windows just to play the games I can't play on my laptop. lol

Is this the same thing as Paralives?
Nah, different game, different developer.

Paralives has been in development well over 2 years now, with no release date in sight as far as I know. That game is being done by a small indie company, and making an open-world life simulator to rival the Sims is a mammoth task for even a large-scale games developer.

I would say it's still a fair way off, if it even ever comes to fruition (sorry to be a downer, but I have been burned too many times before by tiny indie developers promising the moon and never delivering)