The Sims #2 We still love it

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish mine still worked! I would love to play the originals
The only thing i hated about Sims 1 is that they don't age up unless it is baby > child. Means you have to kill some in the pool by making them swim and taking the steps away if they turned out unusual looking or you wanted to make space 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
People who play through origin do you have the new kits available? I thought they released today and usually it’s like 6pm UK time but nothings there?

50% off packs again drawing me in... I've got quite a few now but tempted to get something new. The ones I don't have that I'd be choosing between are:

Growing Together
Horse Ranch
Get Together
Get To Work
Get Famous

I tend to play families, rags to riches etc and ideally want something with a nice world in for some nice (if EA can manage nice) houses. Any recs welcome 🙌🏻

Growing Together is a good one for family gameplay. Get Together has one of my favourite worlds, Windenburg is huge and has lots of stuff to do.

Get to Work is nice but suffers from being an early pack. It's pretty bare bones and the active careers can get old kind of fast. Get Famous is fun if you like playing with celebrities. The world isn't amazing and most of the build/buy items are a bit gaudy (golden toilet...) and not very usable in an average home. I don't own Horse Ranch yet but I love pets so it really appeals to me.

Reactions: 2
50% off packs again drawing me in... I've got quite a few now but tempted to get something new. The ones I don't have that I'd be choosing between are:

Growing Together
Horse Ranch
Get Together
Get To Work
Get Famous

I tend to play families, rags to riches etc and ideally want something with a nice world in for some nice (if EA can manage nice) houses. Any recs welcome 🙌🏻

I really like Growing Together, it feels like old Sims gameplay to me in that there are elements of it that do affect what kind of person your sim is (e.g. the ‘quirks’ that infants and toddlers get randomly assigned and discovered as you go). The world of San Sequoia is quite a good one too.

Get To Work I found the tasks for the careers got old really quickly and once I had more than 2 people in the household it was too disruptive to go and spend all day at work with one sim and miss out on time to do things like teach toddler skills. Get Famous was similar for me (only did it as a free trial), once you’ve been to work with an actor a couple of times it’s really dull.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I miss creating a neighbourhood from scratch, deciding on lot sizes and where they're placed, like in Sims2. Does anyone know if they'll bring that feature back?

Reactions: 6
I miss creating a neighbourhood from scratch, deciding on lot sizes and where they're placed, like in Sims2. Does anyone know if they'll bring that feature back?
And the create a world tool from sims 3? It was so fun

Totally agree, I find only having 1 or 2 (and sometimes 0) free plots to build on really limiting and uninspiring. Or they go totally the other way with Newcrest. I just want something in between where I get space to grow the town and tell different stories!

Reactions: 5
I hate some of the lots, I used to love creating my own streets.

In terms of packs I would recommend get to work or growing together!

You guys have persuaded me with either get together or growing together- which would be best? I already have quite a few packs.

Also does anyone know how long the deal is on for?