The Sims #2 We still love it

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never played the Sims (I played SimCity 3000). Don't know why, it seems to be a game my past me would've liked. I started playing The Sims 4 when they started giving it away for free. But I only have a MacBook Pro (13") and it's not really good for games (except Stardew Valley!) so I deinstalled it. But now I discovered that it's also available on Playstation and I don't know why I never use our PS, but since my husband got the new one, I'm the one playing with it (I grew up with computers and never had a console, so I wasn't really interested in the PS). So i downloaded Sims 4 and I can finally play it without fear of destroying my computer. lol But the way you play it, with the controller ... it's really difficult. Has anyone played Sims on the Playstation?

my husband has all Sims games and a lot of extensions on his computer. Someday I will buy a computer with Windows just to play the games I can't play on my laptop. lol
I have the sims on PlayStation. You can plug a mouse and keyboard In and use that!

I heard that Rod Humble was working on a rival sims games a few years ago. I don’t think this is one of those pie in the sky projects. I’m optimistic. The sims 4 badly needs competition.

Nah, different game, different developer.

Paralives has been in development well over 2 years now, with no release date in sight as far as I know. That game is being done by a small indie company, and making an open-world life simulator to rival the Sims is a mammoth task for even a large-scale games developer.

I would say it's still a fair way off, if it even ever comes to fruition (sorry to be a downer, but I have been burned too many times before by tiny indie developers promising the moon and never delivering)
Paralives has focused way too much on small details imo instead of actual features, from what I've seen so far. That and Sims fans are placing really high expectations on it, expecting it to be better than The Sims 4, which just... doesn't seem likely for such a low budget game.

Reactions: 4
Some potentially interesting news regarding Sims-esque games.

Paradox, the company who made Cities: Skylines (ie the game that essentially took the crown of city-building games away from the failing Sim City franchise) has stated it's going to be making "Life By You", which appears to be a life simulation game. There is a very, very sparse teaser HERE, more info to come March 20th.

Paradox have the financial heft and the expertise in life sim games to maybe make something that could challenge EA. Interestingly, a person high up in their organisation is Rod Humble, the man who was head of development for a great deal of Sims 2 and 3.

It sounds promising, though of course we'll need to wait and see what the trailers and gameplay in a year or so will actually be. But EA sure could use a bit of competition!

This looks so good!! Can't wait to see more on March 20th.

Avoiding playing TS4 atm as I await the infant update 😂
---
I haven’t got around to watching the last live stream yet. For me the sims 2 and 3 are just better games.
Agree!

I can't wait but I do wish we were getting pre-teens or something similar, the leap between child and teen is a big one and a pre-teen life stage would be really cool.
Don't worry, that'll be another pack in the future if they listen to fans 🙄

No new pack for me until next month - my cat has to have an operation next week! he is worth it though.
Hope he's doing OK!

Seeing this thread made me want to play sims, so I spent my friday night working out how to get sims 1 to play on my macbook pro. Finally got it working, and it was like I'd never stopped playing. Funny how you can remember things like that from 20 years ago but I can't remember half of what I did yesterday.

I played Sims 1, theme hospital and theme park when I was kid. They were all pirated from some guy my dad worked with lol (as was our copy of windows and our microsoft word), and theme park used to crash constantly because of it hahaha.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve not played since just after High School came out and there was some bug to do with ageing or something. Is that fixed now?
I just switched my laptop on to install the EA app this morning. I’ll probably have a play with the new update but I’m still on the fence about the new pack.

I’ve not played since just after High School came out and there was some bug to do with ageing or something. Is that fixed now?
I just switched my laptop on to install the EA app this morning. I’ll probably have a play with the new update but I’m still on the fence about the new pack.
Yeah the aging big is fixed!

Fingers crossed we don’t get any more aging glitches now we have a new life state!

Reactions: 1
I won’t be playing anything at all, just come home from work and attempted to start my game since transferring to EA app and it won’t open

ah wait, a wee restart and we’re good

Last edited:
Seeing this thread made me want to play sims, so I spent my friday night working out how to get sims 1 to play on my macbook pro. Finally got it working, and it was like I'd never stopped playing. Funny how you can remember things like that from 20 years ago but I can't remember half of what I did yesterday.

I played Sims 1, theme hospital and theme park when I was kid. They were all pirated from some guy my dad worked with lol (as was our copy of windows and our microsoft word), and theme park used to crash constantly because of it hahaha.
I would do some fucked up tit to have theme park working on my laptop 😭😭😭

• Haha
The EA App is a bit hit and miss at the moment. I managed to get mine working and my game is now updated.

Most, if not all mods are broken. No Sims 4 for me until MCCC and UI cheats are fixed as I cannot play without them! From what I have seen from the Youtubers I watch, the update and the new pack seem to be playing fine (which is something considering the shitshow that was My Wedding Stories and High School Years...).

Reactions: 2
I did the age old thing of spending an hour in CAS, moving into an apartment then saving and exiting.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I updated but then only played with my adult and teenage sim lol. Did notice some changes to the social interactions! Everything is now categorized and frankly, extremely annoying to navigate.

Reactions: 3
The EA App is a bit hit and miss at the moment. I managed to get mine working and my game is now updated.

Most, if not all mods are broken. No Sims 4 for me until MCCC and UI cheats are fixed as I cannot play without them! From what I have seen from the Youtubers I watch, the update and the new pack seem to be playing fine (which is something considering the shitshow that was My Wedding Stories and High School Years...).
I updated it and all my CC and mods are fine in gameplay but i have weird glitches like this? I've gone through my mods and updated those that needed it but still this

524C8338-3DF4-457D-B765-C590B66679CF.jpeg

Do you have the TOOL mod by TwistedMexi installed? I know he put out on Twitter that the TOOL mod was causing various UI glitches. Last I checked TOOL hadn't been updated. Usually its UI cheats that causes stuff like that but weerbesu put his update up on Patreon yesterday.

Do you have the TOOL mod by TwistedMexi installed? I know he put out on Twitter that the TOOL mod was causing various UI glitches. Last I checked TOOL hadn't been updated. Usually its UI cheats that causes stuff like that but weerbesu put his update up on Patreon yesterday.
no 😭😭

If you're still having the issue remove all your mods and CC, delete the localthumbcache file and then restart the game to make sure the glitch isn't happening. Then replace my mods/CC using the 50/50 method (or one by one if you only use a few) until the rogue mod is identified :)

I know thepancake1 and MizoreYuki mods cause loading screen issues (colour slider usually). You could always take a look here to see if any of your other mods have been listed as broken. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007107/broken-updated-mods-cc-march-2023-infants-patch

• Heart
Just went on for the first time in ages an noticed we now have infants, what does everyone think of them? I guess on one hand it's nice to break up the stage between baby an toddler but on the other mines is a pain in the ass 🤣 am thinking about just aging up to toddler, not much I can do with him an he just crys constantly

Reactions: 2
Just went on for the first time in ages an noticed we now have infants, what does everyone think of them? I guess on one hand it's nice to break up the stage between baby an toddler but on the other mines is a pain in the ass 🤣 am thinking about just aging up to toddler, not much I can do with him an he just crys constantly
I’ve heard that to get the best out of them you need the Growing Together pack which is a bit annoying

Reactions: 3