The share my dog thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My two, Alfie (first two pics) is 13 years old now and Tessa (bottom pic) is 15 years old
3D017E44-25E6-44A4-8B3F-2F994B05280F.jpeg
AD98405D-BC5F-4E22-A00D-64598C8EF4EA.jpeg
A1EF2557-54D2-4EA6-8578-E6D0F759B26E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Think we are going to put one of our dogs to sleep very soon :( probably this week maybe or the next. She’s bad on her legs now and has multiple other health issues. Her quality of life isn’t very good anymore. It’s been coming for a while. One of her conditions she got diagnosed ages 12 years and usually surgery is done to resolve it but as it is a horrible recovery we did medical management and she’s been on that for 3 years now. Surprising she’s been in medical management so long as usually it gets to the stage surgery needs to be done or put to sleep. She would be 16 years in October so she’s had a long life. I’m sad not but I’ve kind of come to terms with it thinking it was going to happen much sooner than it has. This time last year I generally thought we’d have to put her to sleep.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Think we are going to put one of our dogs to sleep very soon :( probably this week maybe or the next. She’s bad on her legs now and has multiple other health issues. Her quality of life isn’t very good anymore. It’s been coming for a while. One of her conditions she got diagnosed ages 12 years and usually surgery is done to resolve it but as it is a horrible recovery we did medical management and she’s been on that for 3 years now. Surprising she’s been in medical management so long as usually it gets to the stage surgery needs to be done or put to sleep. She would be 16 years in October so she’s had a long life. I’m sad not but I’ve kind of come to terms with it thinking it was going to happen much sooner than it has. This time last year I generally thought we’d have to put her to sleep.
I am so sorry, that’s so sad 😞 but if her quality of life isn’t great then as I’m sure you already know, you’re doing the best possible thing for her ♥ Sending love xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I am so sorry, that’s so sad 😞 but if her quality of life isn’t great then as I’m sure you already know, you’re doing the best possible thing for her ♥ Sending love xxx
My dad said he thinks it may be the heat as when it got a little cooler this evening she improved a bit. So we’ll see how she is once the heatwave is over probably

Reactions: 1
IMG_0072.JPG

This is my pest... sorry, I mean dog. He is nearly seven now but has just discovered running water. He loves it. He would sit and watch it for hours. I don't know what that is all about!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The beagle just loves getting in the spaniel’s ear. The vet says the yeast is umami. I’ll take his word for it.
26E75A4F-ABD8-4664-9BA2-59B69D55DB63.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16