The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
aawwhh the best thread ever! 😍 i love everyone's princes and princesses! 😍 here's my precious angel 🥰

loves: salmon snaccs, lying on her back for cuddles, sitting like a human/cowboy and selfies apparently
hates: closed doors, annoying flies she can't catch, smelling onion and the hoover!!

View attachment 398211View attachment 398212View attachment 398213View attachment 398214View attachment 398215View attachment 398216View attachment 398217View attachment 398218
She's lovely! What breed is she?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
omg LOVE this thread, I will try and upload a pic of mine later when the internet here not so slow! I wanted to know if anyone here made homemade food for their cat/s? I wanted to try but have heard lots of mixed information

Reactions: 4
omg LOVE this thread, I will try and upload a pic of mine later when the internet here not so slow! I wanted to know if anyone here made homemade food for their cat/s? I wanted to try but have heard lots of mixed information
Not homemade food as such, but my friend's cat had the feline equivalent of IBS and wasn't tolerating pouches or dry food at all, so ended up on a raw food diet. My friend used to buy raw meat (chicken, beef, pork, etc) from the butchers and get him to mince it, then she'd divide it into portions at home and freeze it leaving out to thaw the night before so that it would be there for him the next day.
He did really well, came back to his usual self and she was able to re-introduce dry food very slowly to his diet, but she still doesn't give him a huge amount of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Omg
I think you just have to make sure they get enough taurine and protein :) and then you’ll be fine! I make mine home made dinner sometimes... prawns and/ or cooked chicken With a few peas and mash/rice if I have the time :) they love it!We also try to cook them some white fish once every couple weeks and they have that I just like knowing they get pure protein and a proper healthy meal now and again as I assume cat food is filled with crap 😹 but 90% of the time I have to rely on cat food xx

Omg

I think you just have to make sure they get enough taurine and protein :) and then you’ll be fine! I make mine home made dinner sometimes... prawns and/ or cooked chicken With a few peas and mash/rice if I have the time :) they love it!We also try to cook them some white fish once every couple weeks and they have that I just like knowing they get pure protein and a proper healthy meal now and again as I assume cat food is filled with crap 😹 but 90% of the time I have to rely on cat food xx
Oh and also if your only doing it for like one meal a week or something then you don’t need to worry about taurine as they’d still get enough from there dry food or whatever

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Here is Zola.

Hope it is ok to ask a quick question on this thread. When is the best age to get her spayed? Our vet has said 6 months is a good time but I had read that is old fashioned advice and earlier is better. Just want to ensure we get it at the correct age for her.

She is an indoors cat if that makes a difference.
Heya she is stunning!! I got a boy and girl siblings so I had to get them done at 5 months old just in case they developed early and mated together 😹 if she’s the only kitty in the house and won’t be going outside till 6 months anyway... then wait so she’s as strong as possible :) just do it at 6 months!! Then she can stay in for another couple weeks to recover then you can slowly introduce outside xxxx
oh And get her chipped at the same time :) just in case.

• Heart
Here is Zola.

Hope it is ok to ask a quick question on this thread. When is the best age to get her spayed? Our vet has said 6 months is a good time but I had read that is old fashioned advice and earlier is better. Just want to ensure we get it at the correct age for her.

zola is beautiful!!! 😍😍😍 we spayed ours at 6 months even though the vet also mentioned we could have done it earlier. but all in all our experience was great. she was up and running the same afternoon!

Reactions: 1
Here is Zola.

This was chonk at five months old just after she got home from spaying she was hella drunk.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Perfect thank you we will get her booked in for when she is 6 months old. Yeah we will get her microchipped at the same time.

• Heart
20210123_201926.jpg

This is my Rocky having a cuddle from another rescue kitten, our Chico. Chico is a bit of an ambivalent cat about staying in one place but when he comes home he's the most affectionate little thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Here is Zola.

omg! I love cats with little "mismatched" faces, stunning! I waited too long to get mine spayed, I somehow thought it should be a year ( no idea) but by the time I got them, some were 10 months, others 7 (the latter had gone on heat, which then is high risk) i think it should basically be any time after 4/5 months

Here is Zola.

Our indoor kitten was done at just under 5 months and did really well once she got over the anaesthesia- we’ve since discovered that she reacts badly to it and/or the pain but once she got over that she was back to normal really quickly

Reactions: 1
View attachment 398938
This is my Rocky having a cuddle from another rescue kitten, our Chico. Chico is a bit of an ambivalent cat about staying in one place but when he comes home he's the most affectionate little thing.
i'm dying over this little cuddle session, so precious

this was my purrito after we came home from spaying 🥺

E4B135C2-BFD3-40C1-8318-E6754342A919.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Is she an indoor kitty? My boys have reduced fat biscuits for indoor neutered/spayed cats its wainwrights from p@h

I'm loving the cats i adore them

I follow the most gorgeous cats on Instagram one is local to me called Dailyflerken i want to steal him but his an indoor cat as he is poorly.had to go vets once felt like it was my own cat haha !

She is absolutely gorgeous, maybe limit the biscuits and try cutting pouch down maybe every other just a half a pouch instead of a whole one.girl kitties do sometimes have a sagging belly though for where her boobies are lol.

and @LittleMy is it possible to be cat broody as I am! I so want another but 2 cats a dog a child and a business run from home is too much for another atm
Definitely possible to be cat broody. I kept saying I wouldn’t get another, we already had two big cats and two children, our house isn’t massive by any means. But when MIL sent us pictures of the kitten, I just fell in love with her. She’s so playful, currently asleep in my lap giving me all the feels. 😻

aawwhh the best thread ever! 😍 i love everyone's princes and princesses! 😍 here's my precious angel 🥰

loves: salmon snaccs, lying on her back for cuddles, sitting like a human/cowboy and selfies apparently
hates: closed doors, annoying flies she can't catch, smelling onion and the hoover!!

View attachment 398211View attachment 398212View attachment 398213View attachment 398214View attachment 398215View attachment 398216View attachment 398217View attachment 398218
Oh my god, precious 😻

Last edited:
  • Heart
4CB43EB6-0CD7-4B4E-90C9-683D588DF441.png

This is Liam he is 3 a diva and my favourite child (my teenager doesn’t have tattle😂)
In reference to the food discussion he has a pouch in the morning and evening dry food out all the time and a treat of cheese dreamies or a licky licks every night 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The ginger one is the tabby’s kitten (she escaped but is spayed now). He was only 54g born and was too weak to feed and move, a few long nights feeding him with a bottle and keeping him warm and he learned to feed and grew nicely 😍 he’s my baby 😻

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
535886DB-2A47-4A3C-9571-2365BFC8D1BB.jpeg

I’m like that new mum who can’t help taking pictures of her sleeping baby 😂 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.