Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DreamDolly

VIP Member
My cat keeps eating moths. Is this going to hurt him? My friend said that moths are like chocolate to cats!!
its also kind of difficult to stop him doing it, because my house is surrounded by fields, and is semi rural. Anyone else have cats who do this? Xx

Yup he was sold to me as an 8 week old kitten and because he was from a big litter I believed this. But when I took him to the vet they aged him at around 5 weeks old 😔
I imagine it’s that then.. can’t be helped. Mine have been healthy so far and had an awful start. Hopefully your other cat doesn’t mind too much.

I was going to say this, I got a kitten who was the runt of the litter and he used to suckle on my earlobes, I hated it felt so odd :sick:
Luckily mine seems to just kind of do it on my thigh and he’s 5 nearly so it’s calmed down a lot now.

emm

VIP Member
I bought a cat pod so mine would have an outside shelter. Turned his nose up at it and sits in the bottom of the plastic greenhouse when it's wet. Totally contrary.
probably better to just give them the box it came in :LOL:

Had anyone ever had the issue of your kitten suckling on your adult cat? I already had an adult male when I got my kitten last October and he just loves to suckle on my adult. I think it’s a comfort thing. But the other day I found him suckling my big boy’s back 🤨
My rescue cat suckles on me, it’s usually when they leave their mother too early.

Trixabellee9393

yeah I also agree, I would be annoyed if someone was feeding my cat as it is almsot like you are luring them away, also you don't know about dietary requirements/allergies etc so can even be dangerous

omg precious! These were the kind of photos I was hoping to get of my cat in the snow... alas she of course refused to go out and instead just sat on the sofa watching it :rolleyes:
Go out and see if she follows you! Or carry her out for a little look 😃

They can both go out when they want. Cat 2 was an indoor cat in a flat for 2 years and cat 1 was an indoor cat for 1 year.

Cat 1 was desperate to get a garden she was basically climbing the walls and shredding the flat to pieces cat 2 loved being indoors and sleeping 😂. Cat 1 just doesn’t stop all day and she doesn’t get fed elsewhere sometimes I worry she’s thin but she eats so much including whatever prey she finds obviously the cat bell collar doesn’t work 😏
Haha the bells never do!

emm

VIP Member
Afternoon, I’m after some cat flap advice!
I’m looking at changing my cat flap to a microchip cat flap as my neighbours cat keeps bringing in mice 🤦🏻‍♀️ Has anyone changed catflaps before and kept the same glass with the hole or do I need to look at getting a new pane of glass? Thanks.
I have no advice sorry, but I find it hilarious that your neighbours cat brings you mice :LOL: they obviously want to be adopted :LOL:

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
Our gorgeous girl, Millie 🥰
STOPPP can't cope with how tiny she is!

I would love to get another wee cat as a little companion for our little cat but I worry that she wouldn't get on with it or would be extremely jealous as she currently gets both mine and my partners undivided attention, sleeps on us, follows us everywhere etc.. wouldn't have it any other way but sometimes wonder would she like a little pal to knock about the house with...

Sazbee

VIP Member
Had anyone ever had the issue of your kitten suckling on your adult cat? I already had an adult male when I got my kitten last October and he just loves to suckle on my adult. I think it’s a comfort thing. But the other day I found him suckling my big boy’s back 🤨

I have 2 cats

Cat 1 is an outdoor cat always on the go since a kitten. She eats non stop as much as she can I give 4 pouches and leave dry food and she would go through bins if I let her. She also steals the other cats food.

Cat 2 mainly indoor pops out to the patio usually only like half a pouch twice a day will not eat dry food or any meat such as chicken.

Cat 1 is an ideal weight and cat 2 is overweight 🤷🏻‍♀️ Cat 2 is hard to keep track of what she eats now because cat 1 is always stealing her food but she has always had a small appetite but then she does barely move all day 😂
Mine are the opposite, cat 1 goes out, is huge looks like a large fox but is probably slightly underweight cat 2 is a house cat that would eat all day it let him, he eats both bowls of food and I have to keep an eye on his weight as he’s only small.
we have problem with cat 2 being jealous of cat 2 going out

mcfeez

VIP Member
We have been seeing mention of some different brands so were toying with changing our cats food. Was wondering- what brands of food do you feed your kitties? We go with purina one - at the minute shes on the chicken coat and hairball one.