Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I would say 3-4 pouches and dry food is quite a lot. We had a big cat, not over weight but was 5-6kg and very large, we think part main coon.

He had two pouches a day and then a half portion before bed if he was hungry. Plus dry food and treats. Always love human food too and was very naughty! Loved KFC 🤣

Maybe give her half pouches through the day and reduce down to 2-3. She’ll still be eating the same amount of times a day but just less.

Reactions: 1

bolimepipi

VIP Member
This is Ziggy, he is two years old and he is a little terror! He’s a proper mummy’s boy, he was bought into the family four years after my boy died of cancer, it took a long time for me to get over Pilchard dying, but I love Ziglet so much, he has a dog sister and is like a fluffy dictator.
awww what a cheeky smile :D

• Heart

Trixabellee9393

Is she an indoor kitty? My boys have reduced fat biscuits for indoor neutered/spayed cats its wainwrights from p@h

I'm loving the cats i adore them

I follow the most gorgeous cats on Instagram one is local to me called Dailyflerken i want to steal him but his an indoor cat as he is poorly.had to go vets once felt like it was my own cat haha !

She is absolutely gorgeous, maybe limit the biscuits and try cutting pouch down maybe every other just a half a pouch instead of a whole one.girl kitties do sometimes have a sagging belly though for where her boobies are lol.

and @LittleMy is it possible to be cat broody as I am! I so want another but 2 cats a dog a child and a business run from home is too much for another atm
Well problem is both cats turn there noses up at the expensive cat dry food they will only touch whiskas any other an it sits in the bowl for like 3 days an I end up chucking it away :-/ bought whiskas once as I was short of money (well still am) an they now like it too much as before I had them on Arden grange ........... wet pouches they have all sorts whatever’s on offer XX but yes I think I might Google a low fat one and see what I think! Oh and she’s mostly a indoor kitty she does go and sit outside and just stare for about two hours of the day and comes straight back in every five mins! 😹 one gust
Of wind or rustle of a tree an shes in like a bolt

Wowitsme

VIP Member
Mine are the opposite, cat 1 goes out, is huge looks like a large fox but is probably slightly underweight cat 2 is a house cat that would eat all day it let him, he eats both bowls of food and I have to keep an eye on his weight as he’s only small.
we have problem with cat 2 being jealous of cat 2 going out
They can both go out when they want. Cat 2 was an indoor cat in a flat for 2 years and cat 1 was an indoor cat for 1 year.

Cat 1 was desperate to get a garden she was basically climbing the walls and shredding the flat to pieces cat 2 loved being indoors and sleeping 😂. Cat 1 just doesn’t stop all day and she doesn’t get fed elsewhere sometimes I worry she’s thin but she eats so much including whatever prey she finds obviously the cat bell collar doesn’t work 😏

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Anyone got any tips for getting a fussy madam to eat? Almost all wet kitten food is chicken.... she refuses it all. I want her to eat wet food, ideally I’d have her eating mostly wet but I don’t think that’s going to happen. She’ll reliably eat tuna, but recently has been turning her nose up at that too. We have been feeding her Canagans (suitable for any age), and applaws kitten tuna but she’s started refusing them too since her surgery.

anyone got any top tips on how to get her eating better?

she won’t even touch boiled chicken, the only human food she will eat is tuna, bread or potato 🤷‍♀️
Have you tried Whiskas? They have their food in jelly or gravy and do turkey/duck/beef/tuna/salmon/whitefish
How old is she?

Sallydally

VIP Member
Afternoon, I’m after some cat flap advice!
I’m looking at changing my cat flap to a microchip cat flap as my neighbours cat keeps bringing in mice 🤦🏻‍♀️ Has anyone changed catflaps before and kept the same glass with the hole or do I need to look at getting a new pane of glass? Thanks.

bolimepipi

VIP Member
The ginger one is the tabby’s kitten (she escaped but is spayed now). He was only 54g born and was too weak to feed and move, a few long nights feeding him with a bottle and keeping him warm and he learned to feed and grew nicely 😍 he’s my baby 😻
i love the paw on the last pic, so bossy :love:

emm

VIP Member
Personally I don’t agree with giving other cats food unless you are certain they don’t have a home. We have a girlie who sometimes comes into our house and as much as I’d like to give her a treat she’s not my cat and it’s not fair on her owners.
yeah I also agree, I would be annoyed if someone was feeding my cat as it is almsot like you are luring them away, also you don't know about dietary requirements/allergies etc so can even be dangerous

We feed a cat , the whole road does! His owners are rubbish he’s barley let in and barely fed... they leave him with big open wounds an only take him to the vet when people start knocking the door! They are aware everyone feeds him an don’t care at all! They don’t mind it as it saves them money! But in the case of a cat who is loved an clearly has a happy home but is just friendly then yeah don’t feed it as it could ruin there relationship with there owners :) like mine r so well fed I’d be upset if they started going into others houses an staying because there’s food there too! So it depends! If it looked like a stray or not cared for then yeah! 😃 But defo can fuss the cat as much as u want! Our ‘stray’ stays in our porch over night a lot in a box with a blanket like last night it was -3 and snowing an poor thing was out :( anyway here is a pic of mine today playing in the snow for a few minutes before there paws got too cold
omg precious! These were the kind of photos I was hoping to get of my cat in the snow... alas she of course refused to go out and instead just sat on the sofa watching it :rolleyes:

Hello cat people, I am looking for some cat related advice. My neighbours have an indoor cat which they let out into their yard occasionally and now the weather is nice it has transpired that their cat is coming into our yard on her daily outings and using our vegetable patch as a litter tray 😩. Can anyone suggest a way of preventing this?!

To cat lady

Chatty Member
My ragdoll is 5 month old and is super greedy - I feed her 2 pouches a day mixed with dry food (4 times a day, half a pouch each time). I think that’s enough going by what I’ve read. Your cat doesn’t look fat to me, just super cute 😍 Maybe keep track on when/who feeds her and limit treats
Does your rag doll vomit much? Having a nightmare with ours