The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Trixabellee9393 how is your cats neck wound doing? hope you got it sorted 🤞🏻😊
Thanks for checking in ❤ It’s kind of scabbed over and I’ve been putting cream on it twice a day! Thank fully she hasn’t tried to kick it today or anything so she’s let it heal over! I have a vets booked for Tuesday just in case. She’s been having chicken fish Turkey prawns everything!! Want to give her loads of good stuff so it heals quicker (well in my mind anyway) haha XXXX thank you xx

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks for checking in ❤ It’s kind of scabbed over and I’ve been putting cream on it twice a day! Thank fully she hasn’t tried to kick it today or anything so she’s let it heal over! I have a vets booked for Tuesday just in case. She’s been having chicken fish Turkey prawns everything!! Want to give her loads of good stuff so it heals quicker (well in my mind anyway) haha XXXX thank you xx
Wow it looks so much better already! Much less red. I bet she's really chuffed about being fed extra good food 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That looks ten times better!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That looks ten times better!!
I think it’s because of the dermisol cream I’ve been putting on it ,apparently speeds up natural healing! I’ve had it ages got it from pet drugs online if anyone wants to get one. She’s just kicked it again but I’ve managed to put a big chunk of cream on top again. So hopefully she goes to sleep now xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
OT but do you find she uses that big scratching post? I have a smallish one my cat doesn't use and was wondering if a bigger one would stop her ruining all of my furniture
i was just looking at my cat scratching and remembered you, i have one of these in almost every room:

jan_mix_3_71_3.jpg

they are small and cheap and she uses them aaaaaaaaaallll the time, more than her scratching posts.
i order them here: https://www.zooplus.hr/customerpicturedisplay/shop/macke/grebalica/od_valovitog_kartona/312735

I think it’s because of the dermisol cream I’ve been putting on it ,apparently speeds up natural healing! I’ve had it ages got it from pet drugs online if anyone wants to get one. She’s just kicked it again but I’ve managed to put a big chunk of cream on top again. So hopefully she goes to sleep now xxx
awww fingers crossed she feels much better 🥰 and good luck at the vet today!

Reactions: 3
D652BA7A-28D2-415E-B848-EC931CAD969F.jpeg
A80AC018-68AB-415C-AE77-2AB03F6A6958.jpeg
C99DCEFE-2256-4412-8A62-049D945E2F29.jpeg
F216E837-95F2-4D65-A220-D92930B9D7F9.jpeg
2C367F1B-31EB-4B73-B60C-1CAE9D1FBB26.png

oh I love this thread! This is my little girl who is nearly 2. She’s such a character 🤣 we buy her presents at Christmas and on her birthday and she still shows me little interest 😏
Bottom pic is of her in my sons school bag which is her favourite place to nap 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Hi everyone this is my girl Oreo. She's quite a big girl and I'm hoping to find some tips on how to help her shed some weight, she was always a slender girl and then had 3 kittens and has never been able to shed her weight, she's a very fussy eater when she came to us she was on rice pudding! We had to patiently and gradually put her on cat food she refused kibbles but does have whiskas cat food (she refuses to eat any other)

She is an indoor and outdoor cat and I have a neighbour who puts every food item from a takeaway in his compost bin outside and I'm sure she helps herself to that too 😔

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know 😻😹 she will swipe you if you try to get her out. She’s a witch 🤣🤣
are there any cats that aren't? :LOL: I had the pleasure of waking up to cat sick this morning as I left my room :sick: I assume based on the fact that she managed to find and rip open and consume almost an entire pack of dreamies :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve booked Rosie in for neutering in May. She’s had 2 heat cycles and I feel so sorry for her yowling and sticking her bum in the air! I’m going to be so worried about her when she’s at the vets all day but it will be worth it 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve booked Rosie in for neutering in May. She’s had 2 heat cycles and I feel so sorry for her yowling and sticking her bum in the air! I’m going to be so worried about her when she’s at the vets all day but it will be worth it 🙂
oh god cats on heat make the worst noise ever, I cannot believe you coped through that twice! After my cat was nueutered and came home high on the sedatives she was running round bashing into things, so hilarious and cute :love:

• Heart
oh god cats on heat make the worst noise ever, I cannot believe you coped through that twice! After my cat was nueutered and came home high on the sedatives she was running round bashing into things, so hilarious and cute :love:
I just hope she keeps the cone on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I just hope she keeps the cone on 😂
interesting when I got my most recent cat done they didn't use a cone anymore! they said unless you can see them trying ot get at the stiches it is not necessary, she didn't and was fine!

interesting when I got my most recent cat done they didn't use a cone anymore! they said unless you can see them trying ot get at the stiches it is not necessary, she didn't and was fine!
same with my girl, we neutered her over a year ago and they didn't use a cone, instead they did only inside stithing. so she didn't even have visible stitches or anything, and then a few weeks later one big strand was outside, i cut it off and that was it. it was such a quick and painless experience. also, when we picked her up from the vet, the nurse had her wrapped up in her blanket and sweet talking to her, it was so nice to see 🥰 they said she'd wake up around 3pm but my dragon was already running around at 1pm, well, she was trying to. it was hilarious and i felt terrible for laughing 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
They did say a cone was optional for £4 so I said I'll buy one, whether I'll use it or she'll keep it on is another matter 😆

• Haha
They did say a cone was optional for £4 so I said I'll buy one, whether I'll use it or she'll keep it on is another matter 😆
I’ve noticed that some vets recommended putting them in a babygro while they’re healing. I definitely couldn’t get either of mine in one without a fight!

• Haha
same with my girl, we neutered her over a year ago and they didn't use a cone, instead they did only inside stithing. so she didn't even have visible stitches or anything, and then a few weeks later one big strand was outside, i cut it off and that was it. it was such a quick and painless experience. also, when we picked her up from the vet, the nurse had her wrapped up in her blanket and sweet talking to her, it was so nice to see 🥰 they said she'd wake up around 3pm but my dragon was already running around at 1pm, well, she was trying to. it was hilarious and i felt terrible for laughing 😂
yeah same, also just fyi for anyone with a choice, you can sometimes choose to get it done on their stomach or their side (for females) I have much better experience on their side and recovery seems to be quicker

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.