The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
have you looked at "cat in a flat" you register, get paid to visit cats in places when people are on holiday
That's kind of you, thanks, I enjoyed seeing her and she's a young cat who seemed quite street savvy and I never fed her although I was tempted. She already has a home.

Perhaps she's just a bit older now and more wary, which isn't a bad thing. Yes I'll look into that website 💖

And not play Celine Dion and wail that she doesn't love me anymore 🤣

My heart will go on...

• Heart
Reactions: 4
075B06E2-1557-42D6-BCC7-9CF164A1157D.jpeg

Parsnips currently super angry as she got spayed yesterday so I won’t let her play

• Heart
Reactions: 17
IMG-20220811-WA0005.jpg

New little kitty 🐈 alongside my 1yo tabby. Cats are lifeeeeee! I love them. So fluffy, cute and affectionate. Did I mention how heartwarming the purrrrrrrrring is, really nice. Don't get it twisted though, they own you, not the other way around 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
My gal🥰 she definitely owns me!! Any idea why she mouths me (not viciously but sometimes harder than others) she will follow me to the toilet and meow in my face and paw at my legs in the morning?! She doesn’t really do this with my boyfriend😂 I found her in the pinging rain and adopted her when she was 8 months old, she’ll be 1 next month🥹

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Cat pee’d on my spare room bed, it went through the bedding & 2 mattress protectors. Accidentally cleaned the mattress with bleach 🤦‍♀️ Then realised I shouldn’t have used bleach. Any idea on what to do now. I sprayed it with the cleaner used for cat litter boxes and then soaked the spot with a cup of water. I’ve opened the windows in the rooms upstairs. Just don’t know if I should clean it with something else as well? I doubt it soaked into the mattress much as it had quite a few layers it went through before the mattress. And how long I should stay out of the room for?! Anyone have ideas

Reactions: 2
Cat pee’d on my spare room bed, it went through the bedding & 2 mattress protectors. Accidentally cleaned the mattress with bleach 🤦‍♀️ Then realised I shouldn’t have used bleach. Any idea on what to do now. I sprayed it with the cleaner used for cat litter boxes and then soaked the spot with a cup of water. I’ve opened the windows in the rooms upstairs. Just don’t know if I should clean it with something else as well? I doubt it soaked into the mattress much as it had quite a few layers it went through before the mattress. And how long I should stay out of the room for?! Anyone have ideas
When my cat weed ln my bed I sprayed about a whole bottle of febreeze! Didn't get rid of the stain but didn't smell!

Reactions: 5
When my cat weed ln my bed I sprayed about a whole bottle of febreeze! Didn't get rid of the stain but didn't smell!
The bleach got rid of the stain and it smelt clean (I guess I inhaled the toxic chemicals though). Although now there’s a purple stain on it form the cat litter disinfectant I used.

• Haha
I alway use an enzyme cleaner whenever my cats have wee’d on the carpet (luckily they don’t do it anymore but they have done in the past). It has to be an enzyme based cleaner to break down the chemicals in the urine and take the smell and stain out, otherwise the cat may do it again in that same spot. You can buy ones at Pets at Home or order online. I used Simple Solution - Urine Destroyer. Soaked the area with it and left it for about an hour to really absorb before blotting it up with a clean white cloth. It does leave behind a very strong, perfume-y scent at first but it did work and over time you can’t smell anything.

I alway use an enzyme cleaner whenever my cats have wee’d on the carpet (luckily they don’t do it anymore but they have done in the past). It has to be an enzyme based cleaner to break down the chemicals in the urine and take the smell and stain out, otherwise the cat may do it again in that same spot. You can buy ones at Pets at Home or order online. I used Simple Solution - Urine Destroyer. Soaked the area with it and left it for about an hour to really absorb before blotting it up with a clean white cloth. It does leave behind a very strong, perfume-y scent at first but it did work and over time you can’t smell anything.
Thank you I have just got back got some cleaner neutraliser so going to put it on now

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My babies met the puppy today. In the same room for the very first time. And there was 0 hissing or growling!!
It was a complete fluke as our ginger boy ran through the door without us realising however all three of them did so well! A lot to work on and by no means are we there yet but it is a huge relief!

The only downside is, because we're introducing them in the living room where the cats food is, I've got to find somewhere else to feed them. Luckily we've never had a set feeding place so I don't think it'll stress them out much at all

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My babies met the puppy today. In the same room for the very first time. And there was 0 hissing or growling!!
It was a complete fluke as our ginger boy ran through the door without us realising however all three of them did so well! A lot to work on and by no means are we there yet but it is a huge relief!

The only downside is, because we're introducing them in the living room where the cats food is, I've got to find somewhere else to feed them. Luckily we've never had a set feeding place so I don't think it'll stress them out much at all
Just put the cats food up high so the dog cannot get it would be my advice

Reactions: 3
Just put the cats food up high so the dog cannot get it would be my advice
I'm thinking about keeping it in the living room for now but just popping it on the table when we bring the dog in. That way nothing changes too much for them. However the room I'm looking at moving their food into, puppy is not allowed in.
We are looking at getting a new bookshelf for our game room (which the dog has no access to at all) which we can then combine into a cat tree with platforms for food.

I'm thinking about keeping it in the living room for now but just popping it on the table when we bring the dog in. That way nothing changes too much for them. However the room I'm looking at moving their food into, puppy is not allowed in.
We are looking at getting a new bookshelf for our game room (which the dog has no access to at all) which we can then combine into a cat tree with platforms for food.
good idea, my parents have a dog and cats and they have the opposite issue, the cats eat the dogs food (after having finsihed their own :ROFLMAO:)

Cannot remember who posted about the cat following them into the toilet, cannot remember if I posted this here or elsewhere, but it is a sign of love, being in the toilet is basically the time you are (in the wild, as a cat) most vulnerable, so them following you there is to protect you. Cannot remember where I read it, but they also said "so by logic you should return the favour" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
good idea, my parents have a dog and cats and they have the opposite issue, the cats eat the dogs food (after having finsihed their own :ROFLMAO:)

Cannot remember who posted about the cat following them into the toilet, cannot remember if I posted this here or elsewhere, but it is a sign of love, being in the toilet is basically the time you are (in the wild, as a cat) most vulnerable, so them following you there is to protect you. Cannot remember where I read it, but they also said "so by logic you should return the favour" :ROFLMAO:
I love the paws under the door, makes me feel
like someone loves me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Well...that's one way of looking at it...when mine did we just used to look at each other. I certainly didn't feel like I was being protected.

She didn't hand me the loo roll or anything ****does victorian faint and requires smelling salts****

• Haha
When I had my darling Dolly,shecwould follow me to the loo when I flushed she would leap up and try drinky the flush water🤣my darling she used to love the running tap in kitchen.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.