The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My other cats never slept like this 😂
View attachment 1503247

I have a question about pet insurance. At the moment I put away some money each month into a savings account, is this stupid or should I get insurance? My reasoning was my last cat went 13 years without needing a vet (besides Vaccines)
I think insurance is worth it.
If your cat needs £3000 treatment then you’d need to save £250 a month for a year to afford it. And what happens if say you saved quite a lot used it all but then not long after something else happens and you have no savings left. Obviously could also run out of insurance money but hopefully if it’s good cover you would have enough and if it’s a lifelong policy that resets the amount each year you’ll have more than if you then had to start to save again. In comparison my kittens insurance is £140 a year for 10k cover. Although it’ll go up as she gets older I still think it’s worth it, unless it gets ridiculous or she gets to an age where I wouldn’t put her through anything major. Also it’s likely the vet bills could be more than £3k.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My oldest cat likes curling up on my fluffy dressing gown. Our young cat has a thing about my son’s bed as it’s a top bunk so she often likes to sit there and survey her kingdom from above. 😂
My manky old, much darned fleece dressing gown has been the fave thing of my last 2 cats. When I asked Fawlty Cat why she said it was 'stinky'. Flamin cheek.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thanks everyone, will sort out insurance this week 😊
Yes I need to get it too, a friends cat (who unfortunately later died) was hit by a car and his treatment, had she not had insurance would have been 1000s l. Always makes me think how life would be for us without the NHS

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I also have cat insurance as well - I am with petplan and pay £14 a month. I chose to pay for insurance as I don’t have a spare grand or two if he ever got poorly or had an accident.
I went with petplan as well . Don’t know if this is a #FACT but I was told it was safer to go with one like them because cheaper ones may not cover fully. For example ,your pet gets a lump and it turns out to be benign - but some insurers then don’t cover you for any future lump investigations
Sorry if this is a ramble I’m jumping off a train in celery land to meet my mate . Gonna do the ghost tour !

Reactions: 5
I went with petplan as well . Don’t know if this is a #FACT but I was told it was safer to go with one like them because cheaper ones may not cover fully. For example ,your pet gets a lump and it turns out to be benign - but some insurers then don’t cover you for any future lump investigations
Sorry if this is a ramble I’m jumping off a train in celery land to meet my mate . Gonna do the ghost tour !
Ok.. got to ask.. celery land??? I hope you enjoy the ghost tour :)

Reactions: 2
Ok.. got to ask.. celery land??? I hope you enjoy the ghost tour :)
It’s a reference to when JM went to Edinburgh but I may have forgotten what thread I was on tbf. I don’t usually get trains and I shouldn’t try to grunk and travel at the same time ! I may have been at risk of a train chaos!
It was really good thank you . I thought it would be a bit of a melodramatic derek acorah type thing but the guide went into a lot of detail and FACTS about witch trials and what led up to them. Very sobering the amount of deaths that happened and then he went on to talk about Burke and Hare and all the type of thing . Really good stuff , interesting and respectfully put across.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
stunning! his little nose ❤ cutest moment of my day yesterday (didn't manage to get photos) was my cats outside (way too late at night, around 10.30) but playing and chasing after each other. They rarely play together anymore, little kitten tries to but older sister just growls or gets annoyed, was so cute to see they don't actually hate each other ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
stunning! his little nose ❤ cutest moment of my day yesterday (didn't manage to get photos) was my cats outside (way too late at night, around 10.30) but playing and chasing after each other. They rarely play together anymore, little kitten tries to but older sister just growls or gets annoyed, was so cute to see they don't actually hate each other ❤
Aww that sounds lovely ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.