The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is quite big to be honest but she doesn’t seem bothered by it at all and she’s not fully grown yet and is still pretty small, she’s 6.5 months old. I got it from Amazon it’s the Tractive one. Someone recommended me another one but it was not one you can see where they go. It was just one with a track pad which lit up as you got close. But that one was subscription free.
I was going to wait for Black Friday to see if there were any deals but ends up just buying it before.
The other ones I looked at were similar in size as well. I was looking at an Apple air tag but read they aren’t good for cats.

It is usually under the chin I use moved it for the picture.
Thank you, she’s beautiful. I don’t think Nala would be bothered by it. I’ll have a look on Amazon. You’d think they would try n make it smaller.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you all for the well wishes. Kitty seems to be a lot better, is eating like he has been starved, is rolled up again and is purring and even was a bit playful. Will continue with the pain med and see if he gets better!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
this sounds so minor, but how do I stop my 16 week old kitten attacking (not exaggerating) my head and back to get to my hair. I'm currently sat with a beanie and my hair tucked in so she can't get it. I'd appreciate any tips at this point. I have a back full of holes and scratches from her claws, she fully pounces and then climbs my back whenever I'm least expecting it and I can't wear a hat/beanie 24/7. PLEASE HELP 😂 I'm laughing but I don't actually find it funny it's painful.

• Wow
this sounds so minor, but how do I stop my 16 week old kitten attacking (not exaggerating) my head and back to get to my hair. I'm currently sat with a beanie and my hair tucked in so she can't get it. I'd appreciate any tips at this point. I have a back full of holes and scratches from her claws, she fully pounces and then climbs my back whenever I'm least expecting it and I can't wear a hat/beanie 24/7. PLEASE HELP 😂 I'm laughing but I don't actually find it funny it's painful.
I'd suggest calling a vet, just to ask what your options are. I used to have a half-feral cat who was violent and aggressive, I called the local vet and he was given a series of medication to help him calm down.
Is your kitten de-sexed? That could be part of the problem as well although it's usually a male cat thing. It could be you just need to re-train her not to go near your hair. Gosh, I do sympathise with you, kitten claws are sharp as hell!

Reactions: 1
I'd suggest calling a vet, just to ask what your options are. I used to have a half-feral cat who was violent and aggressive, I called the local vet and he was given a series of medication to help him calm down.
Is your kitten de-sexed? That could be part of the problem as well although it's usually a male cat thing. It could be you just need to re-train her not to go near your hair. Gosh, I do sympathise with you, kitten claws are sharp as hell!
A gorgeous cat I had years ago my beautiful Ted had a thing about my hair,he lay at the back of my pillow whilst me in bed,he’d lay nearly on top of head and do his biscuit making.Didnt always hurt but bless his purring.🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
A gorgeous cat I had years ago my beautiful Ted had a thing about my hair,he lay at the back of my pillow whilst me in bed,he’d lay nearly on top of head and do his biscuit making.Didnt always hurt but bless his purring.🥰
Awwwww. That just made me smile. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve had feral cats as well and they did grow out of it but I can’t remember how long it took . How about scooshing her gently with a water filled plant spray? Although not much use when she’s in stealth mode now I come to think about it .

• Haha
Looking for some advice on introducing cats.
My current cat is 3,5yo and always stays indoors. She hasn't lived with another cat since she left the litter to come live with us (and I always felt kinda bad about not adopting another sibling too).
New cat is a kitten of about 3 to 4 months old, we don't know much about her, but she's supersweet to us humans and even to my 1yo daughter.
They've seen eachother through a glass door and were mainly interested in eachother, new kitten growled and hissed a little bit, but all in all, they stayed civil.
After a while my cat even turned her back to the kitten and started cleaning herself. The kitten did the same after a while.

Current setup: kitten in the bathroom and cat in the living room (glass door is between the hallway and the living room). I've exchanged blankies between them and my cat takes her time to smell me carefully when I come back from the kitten. She also still naps on my lap. She's a bit crabby at times, but then I just give her some space.
So it's actually looking surprisingly well.
Vet told me to switch cat to bathroom and kitten to living room a few times, so they can inspect eachothers smells without the other cat being there. And eventually they'll hopefully hit it off? If not, the kitten has another potential loving home already lined up. I just really hope she can stay.

Do you have any other tips? Anything else I can do to help them get used to eachother?

• Heart
My current cat is 3,5yo and always stays indoors. She hasn't lived with another cat since she left the litter to come live with us (and I always felt kinda bad about not adopting another sibling too).
New cat is a kitten of about 3 to 4 months old, we don't know much about her, but she's supersweet to us humans and even to my 1yo daughter.
They've seen eachother through a glass door and were mainly interested in eachother, new kitten growled and hissed a little bit, but all in all, they stayed civil.
After a while my cat even turned her back to the kitten and started cleaning herself. The kitten did the same after a while.

Current setup: kitten in the bathroom and cat in the living room (glass door is between the hallway and the living room). I've exchanged blankies between them and my cat takes her time to smell me carefully when I come back from the kitten. She also still naps on my lap. She's a bit crabby at times, but then I just give her some space.
Vet told me to switch cat to bathroom and kitten to living room a few times, so they can inspect eachothers smells without the other cat being there. And eventually they'll hopefully hit it off? If not, the kitten has another potential loving home already lined up. I just really hope she can stay.

Do you have any other tips? Anything else I can do to help them get used to eachother?
It sounds like you're doing everything you possibly can! There's no reason the kitten can't stay, the occasional spat is completely normal even if they usually get along.
If the older cat is happy to clean herself in front of the baby cat, I think you're most of the way there 💕

• Heart
It sounds like you're doing everything you possibly can! There's no reason the kitten can't stay, the occasional spat is completely normal even if they usually get along.
If the older cat is happy to clean herself in front of the baby cat, I think you're most of the way there 💕
Exactly this, I have two cats of similar age gaps and they often fight and growl (little one is a typical annoying younger sibling 😅) but even so they do often play together and I am glad they do not have to be alone when I am af work

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Have a look at feliway friends

Also sorry something I forgot to add, make sure you always feed, give attention to etc the older cat first (at least initially anyway) so that they still understand which one is "in charge"

• Heart
Also sorry something I forgot to add, make sure you always feed, give attention to etc the older cat first (at least initially anyway) so that they still understand which one is "in charge"
Yeah, I'm making sure original cat still feels loved, don't want her to feel like she's being forgotten. She's majorly food motivated so giving her some extra snacks too 😁

If anyone has any naming ideas btw, do let me know.
Our OG cat is called Penny (not named after the Big Bang Theory :p). For the kitten (who we're currently lovingly calling "The Intruder" 😅) I was thinking Artemis, Athena, Pompon, but none of it is really working. She's a brown/grey tabby, heavy on the black. So nothing too sugary sweet.
I can also imagine calling her after a kitchen utensil though, so suggest whatever you want 😆

• Heart
Yeah, I'm making sure original cat still feels loved, don't want her to feel like she's being forgotten. She's majorly food motivated so giving her some extra snacks too 😁

If anyone has any naming ideas btw, do let me know.
Our OG cat is called Penny (not named after the Big Bang Theory :p). For the kitten (who we're currently lovingly calling "The Intruder" 😅) I was thinking Artemis, Athena, Pompon, but none of it is really working. She's a brown/grey tabby, heavy on the black. So nothing too sugary sweet.
I can also imagine calling her after a kitchen utensil though, so suggest whatever you want 😆
Spatty (after spatula),saucy after saucepan,PANdora.Pepper.

• Haha
Oooh, Pandora does combine mythology with kitchen utensils beautifully 😆 Definitely putting that on my list!
Just afraid I'll start saying Panny and the cats will get confused 😅
I Think we all do that though Longy,my dear friend her beautiful tortie she named Eponene (she loved Les Mis) puss was a waif hence her calling her that,oh she got callEd pone,pones,Epi.😻

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.