The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourite game is to put at least one treat on her and see if she notices
20220211_160350.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Clues in the name 😂 I lost my beloved boy on Boxing Day. I still have a cat but he’s definitely a bit lonely. He’s a house cat and an independent boy but we had them both from kittens and they’ve always been together. I’ve recently had a baby so now have to keep my bedroom door shut. Before we lost the other cat this was fine they both slept on the spare bed. Now he scratches and meows at the door, and it breaks my heart.
he’s nearly 9. Like I said he’s independent but he’s very friendly and loving (on his terms) he’s not a lap cat but loves a fuss and he’s never ever ever gone for any of us. I know he misses his brother, and my husband is trying to convince me to get a kitten. I’d love one, I love cats, but I don’t know whether my boy would accept it. He’s been through a lot with the baby, and losing his bro, I don’t want to stress him out, but I’d love another little friend for him.
has anyone got any experience or advice? X

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Clues in the name 😂 I lost my beloved boy on Boxing Day. I still have a cat but he’s definitely a bit lonely. He’s a house cat and an independent boy but we had them both from kittens and they’ve always been together. I’ve recently had a baby so now have to keep my bedroom door shut. Before we lost the other cat this was fine they both slept on the spare bed. Now he scratches and meows at the door, and it breaks my heart.
he’s nearly 9. Like I said he’s independent but he’s very friendly and loving (on his terms) he’s not a lap cat but loves a fuss and he’s never ever ever gone for any of us. I know he misses his brother, and my husband is trying to convince me to get a kitten. I’d love one, I love cats, but I don’t know whether my boy would accept it. He’s been through a lot with the baby, and losing his bro, I don’t want to stress him out, but I’d love another little friend for him.
i don't have experience with this but i just want to give your cat a big hug and cuddle 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's hard to offer advice, he sounds like he'd love a friend but might not like what he gets when they arrive! He might love the company?
Best of luck with whatever you decide, give the boy a pat from me and remember photos for us if you do get a kitten ♥

• Heart
It's hard to offer advice, he sounds like he'd love a friend but might not like what he gets when they arrive! He might love the company?
Best of luck with whatever you decide, give the boy a pat from me and remember photos for us if you do get a kitten ♥
maybe better than a kitten would be getting an older cat? I have a cat who was about 3 when I got a kitten and she just about puts up with him, you have to remember how active kittens are, he still tries to play with her a lot and while she does at times, at times he just annoys her.
That said they do get on generally, but I think with an oldercat I would probably get another older cat

• Heart
Reactions: 6
maybe better than a kitten would be getting an older cat? I have a cat who was about 3 when I got a kitten and she just about puts up with him, you have to remember how active kittens are, he still tries to play with her a lot and while she does at times, at times he just annoys her.
That said they do get on generally, but I think with an oldercat I would probably get another older cat
That's a really good point, Emm. When I got Pooh I had my older girl Persia who would've been about 12 at the time. He was so full of energy and would terrorise her. Pouncing, biting and sweeping her poor old lady legs out from under her. They ended up being friends but he was a horror.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
found a photo of baby roisin guarding the trash can 😂🥺

81D56F10-79F3-4262-A08D-6B7226426781.jpeg

her raccoon tail 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This thread is literal heaven 😭

31A54177-4C8E-4BA4-B000-FEDEFEA74726.jpeg

a few weeks ago my kitten took a nap and made that pose

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She’s adorable 🥰 Her GCCF name is Daydreamer so I called her Dreamy! She’s also a total dream. Gentlest nature and a huge fan of cuddles. I fall asleep/wake up every day to her purring and kneading me.

QUOTE="mehere, post: 8449488, member: 243760"]
She's so tiny 🥺 💕

@HereForTheTtt - Your kitty is sooo sweet and I'm obsessed with her(?) name!!!💕
[/QUOTE]

They are the most wonderful breed. Dreamy’s parents and grandparents are European show champions, she’s from an amazing lineage. They are very inquisitive and exceptionally friendly, also great with children as they’re so robust. I got Dreamy when my British long hair was 1 year old and they became friends almost immediately. You should definitely get one! They’re such affectionate and calm cats 🐱

I’m possibly looking at getting a NFC at the end of the year I just love them! Have you posted pictures of your other one? 😍
Here is she distracting me from work

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s adorable 🥰 Her GCCF name is Daydreamer so I called her Dreamy! She’s also a total dream. Gentlest nature and a huge fan of cuddles. I fall asleep/wake up every day to her purring and kneading me.

QUOTE="mehere, post: 8449488, member: 243760"]
She's so tiny 🥺 💕

@HereForTheTtt - Your kitty is sooo sweet and I'm obsessed with her(?) name!!!💕
They are the most wonderful breed. Dreamy’s parents and grandparents are European show champions, she’s from an amazing lineage. They are very inquisitive and exceptionally friendly, also great with children as they’re so robust. I got Dreamy when my British long hair was 1 year old and they became friends almost immediately. You should definitely get one! They’re such affectionate and calm cats 🐱

Here is she distracting me from work
[/QUOTE]
So beautiful 😍 I think I want a blue tortie possibly I have found a breeder but waiting till the end of the year to get one. Although always find male cats nicer temperament so not sure whether to get a male instead 🤔 or a Burmese is my second breed choice. And I plan to get a rescue cat as well as a second cat.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He always has to cross his paws or do something like this pose. Excuse the rug, 3x MC cats = FUR.
9B792435-3973-4AC7-9E67-EC57B6073E72.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I put my old dressing gown in the windowsill in the cats room as they both used to love it when they were kittens. They actually ruined it. They haven't been interested in it for around a year or two. Walked upstairs on Sunday to see this
my older cat loves sleeping on my coat or dressing gown, she purrs and kneads at it, so cute ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.