The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to derail the thread guys… update on my missing Lola. Just had a call that she has been spotted on the road down from us. I have just seen her with my own eyes, I called her name and she looked at me and bolted. She is looking well fed and we found her lurking in someone’s garden. I am absolutely gutted as she knows how to get home from there, she obviously just doesn’t want too 😭. When will people stop feeding other peoples damn cats!
I'm so sorry! At least you know she's safe and well. Do you know the garden she is currently eating in? It might be worth going to speak to the house to explain she's your cat and to stop feeding her? Sorry mine are all indoor cats so luckily we don't have that issue

Reactions: 7
I'm so sorry! At least you know she's safe and well. Do you know the garden she is currently eating in? It might be worth going to speak to the house to explain she's your cat and to stop feeding her? Sorry mine are all indoor cats so luckily we don't have that issue
It’s a little culdesac - we found her in a garden today and a lovely couple let us come in and get her but she bolted. I’m going to knock on all the doors just to let them all know tomorrow. It’s so unlike her, just shocked to be honest x

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any advice? My girl has recently started jumping up onto our bannisters! I’m terrified she will fall. Obviously their balance is amazing but it’s worrying me. She even has the nerve to balance on three legs and clean the other one whilst on there 😂 I’m sure she knows it worries me. lol. She’s never done this before we have had her for 5 years! Any ideas to stop this?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey all, after some advice. A neighbour cat has gotten comfortable enough to jump through the little window we leave open for our cat and he’s eating all our cats food 😭 we’ve tried closing the window at night (he tends to come in in the early hours) but she scratches the carpet outside our bedroom door until one of us gets up and let’s her out, or she’ll get out through bf’s sisters window and be stuck out all night (our first cat was run over at night so I worry about her being out all night), I don’t know what else to do! I’ve thought about getting a chip activated cat flap but I’ve been told the wood on the back door is too thin. We’ve never fed the neighbour cat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1
Hey all, after some advice. A neighbour cat has gotten comfortable enough to jump through the little window we leave open for our cat and he’s eating all our cats food 😭 we’ve tried closing the window at night (he tends to come in in the early hours) but she scratches the carpet outside our bedroom door until one of us gets up and let’s her out, or she’ll get out through bf’s sisters window and be stuck out all night (our first cat was run over at night so I worry about her being out all night), I don’t know what else to do! I’ve thought about getting a chip activated cat flap but I’ve been told the wood on the back door is too thin. We’ve never fed the neighbour cat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
What about one of those chip activated food bowls

Does anyone have any advice? My girl has recently started jumping up onto our bannisters! I’m terrified she will fall. Obviously their balance is amazing but it’s worrying me. She even has the nerve to balance on three legs and clean the other one whilst on there 😂 I’m sure she knows it worries me. lol. She’s never done this before we have had her for 5 years! Any ideas to stop this?
honestly even if she falls she will be okay, I had a cat once who jumped/fell of my parents roof (of a 3story house) and she was absolutely fine

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Have you tried a spray bottle with water in it? I keep a couple around the house, they're cheap as chips and work really well for me. If the neighbour cat comes in give it a spray, it might take a few goes but soon enough you should see at least a few less visits! I spray my three when they get on the kitchen table or scratch the furniture. Now all I have to do is shake the bottle and they take off! Best of luck x

It’s a little culdesac - we found her in a garden today and a lovely couple let us come in and get her but she bolted. I’m going to knock on all the doors just to let them all know tomorrow. It’s so unlike her, just shocked to be honest x
Let us know how you got on please.

Have you tried a spray bottle with water in it? I keep a couple around the house, they're cheap as chips and work really well for me. If the neighbour cat comes in give it a spray, it might take a few goes but soon enough you should see at least a few less visits! I spray my three when they get on the kitchen table or scratch the furniture. Now all I have to do is shake the bottle and they take off! Best of luck x
you could also put something citrus smelling around the window to deter them

We’ve got a kids water pistol we keep near the window and spray him whenever we see him lurking outside, so far it doesn’t seem to affect him 🙈 will keep doing it though.
you could also put something citrus smelling around the window to deter them
I’m hesitant to try that because our cat uses the same window to get in and out.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Let us know how you got on please.
So we’ve seen her again today and her collar has been taken off since last night 😭 she was in the bushes by our house, I sat on the corner and gently called her and had some treats but she just ran and hid from me again. I have no idea why she’s so scared of us. It’s honestly heartbreaking

• Sad
  • Heart
So we’ve seen her again today and her collar has been taken off since last night 😭 she was in the bushes by our house, I sat on the corner and gently called her and had some treats but she just ran and hid from me again. I have no idea why she’s so scared of us. It’s honestly heartbreaking
I don't think she is scared of you, she wouldn't keep coming back if she was, probably just enjoying her adventure. If I were you as well as speaking to neighbours I would drop leaflets (ideally with a photo) in their letterboxes, also asking people not to feed her

just saw on another forum there is a sight called Doxdirect that allows you to order free missing posters https://www.doxdirect.com/help/free-missing-pet-posters/ might be of use to some of us (hopefully not but you never know) in the future

Last edited:
My cat jumped out of a second story window and landed on her feet in front of me in the garden. My other cat used to sleep on top of our old living room TV and sometimes the tops of the doors. Cats just love high places.

Reactions: 3
My cat jumped out of a second story window and landed on her feet in front of me in the garden. My other cat used to sleep on top of our old living room TV and sometimes the tops of the doors. Cats just love high places.
I always get the impression they want to be higher than their human servants to emphasise the control :ROFLMAO: /superiority

• Haha
I always get the impression they want to be higher than their human servants to emphasise the control :ROFLMAO: /superiority
That’s probably it! Looking down on us mere peasants. 😝

My husband bought me a book (way back when he was just my BF) called “How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You” and this is a page from it:

570DB258-A0FF-4AFB-AB16-A0E9DBC627C7.jpeg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.