The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Prince William!
Yes, I was going to say whatever William was studying! Luckily for her it wasn't Physics or Pure Maths or Carol's plans would have been thwarted. It's kind of sad to think that even today people are sending their daughters to certain schools not for an education or a career but to make a good marriage.

Reactions: 9
Yes, I was going to say whatever William was studying! Luckily for her it wasn't Physics or Pure Maths or Carol's plans would have been thwarted. It's kind of sad to think that even today people are sending their daughters to certain schools not for an education or a career but to make a good marriage.
Except William studied Geogrwphy.

Reactions: 3
He changed course halfway through though, didnt he? Dont know what he was doing before. I suppose if you spend your time stalking someone in the student bar it doednt matter what course they do :D

Yes, but he started in History of Art, where he met Kate in his first semester and they were also in the same dorm. He couldn't have escaped her even if he tried. The Middletons must've wet themselves when Kate was placed in the same dorm as Will and Will was in her class(es). He didn't like it though and wanted to quit a few months in, Charles and others persuaded him to change his course and give it a proper try, so he then did Georgraphy and graduated.

Though I also always think that he should've at least taken some classes in history, politics, law, economics and international relations, that type of thing, as prep for his role. Like Spanish king Felipe did, I think he studied politics and international relations. I wouldn't condemn him to study something he hates and not allow to study something he likes, but some classes in future-relevant disciplines would've been very good.

Reactions: 8
Dorm? I thought that was where it was a room full of single beds? If so they wont mix women and men.

Reactions: 1
Kate definitely has an eating disorder. She was absolutely groomed by her family to become queen. Probably brain washed. So so sad.

Reactions: 20
Kate definitely has an eating disorder. She was absolutely groomed by her family to become queen. Probably brain washed. So so sad.
There's slim and athletic and there's bloody underweight. And as future queen/role model to girls it's irresponsible. You'd think the royals would learn from Diana and and they have access to all the counselling/help they need.

Reactions: 18
Dorm? I thought that was where it was a room full of single beds? If so they wont mix women and men.
I meant halls, sorry. They were in the same halls.

Edit: They were definitely in the same halls. At uni typically students aren't separated, but eg halls that are all single en-suite are gender-mixed, people who were in halls who shared sleeping rooms had rooms assigned with the same gender, but it was still mixed.
I assume the same is true for St A, as Kate and Will landed in the same halls from what I remember.

Last edited:
I agree its very hard for a woman approaching middle age whos had 3 kids to stay that slim. She will be having things like veg soups and chicken breast or salmon with boiled veg/ salad for meals. She also smokes which can be a distraction when your starving hungry.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Problem is, she would be crucified by the great british press and public if she put on a few pounds. She must know that every move she makes and how she looks will be picked on and pulled apart from the world wide press actually not just in the uk.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've always thought this. She had a full 'make over' before the engagement - teeth, hair extensions (which the Palace laughably tried to deny) and it looks like she lost a good twenty pounds when she in no way needed to. There's been times when she's looked scary skinny and it certainly shows on her face.

Reactions: 15
Problem is, she would be crucified by the great british press and public if she put on a few pounds. She must know that every move she makes and how she looks will be picked on and pulled apart from the world wide press actually not just in the uk.
This, unfortunately. She started to lose weight a few months before the engagement announcement (with other hints they planned on getting married when they did for about a year or two), then after the engagement announcement and before the wedding she was full-on emaciated and has stayed that way ever since. She had a lovely figure before that.

The use of extensions is quite obvious. Compare her hair before engagement (which was great as was) to engagement onwards and it's quite a difference.
Why the palace denied her extensions is beyond me. Why they commented at all is beyond me, but why lie?

She also had great teeth, don't know why everyone is going down the veneer route. Must be a trend, which many are going to regret imo.
Like in the 1950s and thereabouts when your posh 18th bday present was pulling all your teeth and getting a set of fakes... 😖😕😟

She also uses botox and fillers. Also had lip fillers which were at some point quite noticeable (around 2012 or so), which weren't ostentatious but noticeable for her, I don't think she's gone back to them, but gets injections in her face.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I already mentioned it on the celebrity gossip thread, but someone I know at the BBC swears Philip has some Savile level skeletons in his closet.
The timing may have been coincidental.... but didn't Philip's d notice go from the usual 50 years after the death of a royal to 100 years after death not long after it all came out about vile Saville?

• Wow
I agree its very hard for a woman approaching middle age whos had 3 kids to stay that slim. She will be having things like veg soups and chicken breast or salmon with boiled veg/ salad for meals. She also smokes which can be a distraction when your starving hungry.
I'm shocked she smokes

Reactions: 4
God, what a life. I really don't envy her at all. Even the fact that she's never worked a day in her life holds zero appeal. Her mother's ambition for her was to be a starved brood mare.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
There's slim and athletic and there's bloody underweight. And as future queen/role model to girls it's irresponsible. You'd think the royals would learn from Diana and and they have access to all the counselling/help they need.
I suspect she does it because she wants to though. She has the job she she wanted- Princess William! All that entails is being a glorified clothes horse and breeding machine. Shes done the breeding so she has to spend the rest of her days clothes horsing!

The timing may have been coincidental.... but didn't Philip's d notice go from the usual 50 years after the death of a royal to 100 years after death not long after it all came out about vile Saville?
He was implicated in the Profumo affair too if I remember correctly. He was made a Prince so he wouldn't have to testify at his trial. Maybe he is Andrew's father after all 😁

I suspect she does it because she wants to though. She has the job she she wanted- Princess William! All that entails is being a glorified clothes horse and breeding machine. Shes done the breeding so she has to spend the rest of her days clothes horsing!

He was implicated in the Profumo affair too if I remember correctly. He was made a Prince so he wouldn't have to testify at his trial. Maybe he is Andrew's father after all 😁
On Kate: Definitely!

Though I suspect she has an eating disorder, too, but I think it's a mix of: fearing the ridicule of the shyte press if gained even 1 lbs, wanting to be a great clothes-horse, wanting to keep Will's roving eye interested in her, buckling under the pressure she is under (I think everyone who's married into that family has been hit in the head with the reality of being one of them, don't think anything can really prepare you for all of that tbh) and not having anything else to do.

The pressure was obvious at the beginning, she could barely string two remotely intelligent sentences together, was made fun of and then was mostly silent with leaks how she "wants to emulate the queen mum and be seen rather than heard". One of her earlier video speeches needed loads of reshoots and she was bright red, it was a simple text of 5 sentences and she barely hacked it. The engagement interview had her also fumbling and needed ages to be in the can.
She's grown since though, it's very noticeable. She must've had lessons, which she was in dire need of years ago, but I guess better late than never.

Phil was made prince before the wedding, he renounced his Greek (and Danish) titles and got in exchange British titles!
He's always been rumoured to have had been involved in the Profumo affair, I suspect he shared models like the others.
Everything was hushed up, as usual. Imo things were easier to hush-up then than now, hence why so many leaks etc today: greater gossip press, the internet with its blogs, forums, social media etc, so gossip spreads like wildfire.

A D notice worth 50 years until after a royal's death is really screwed up imo. 5 years are quite enough, I could even say 10, but all beyond that is ridiculous. The protection of these people is ridiculous anyway, but that's another kettle of fish.
If it's been raised to 100, then that's not just ultra-ridiculous, it also makes you wonder how many and what type of skeletons he must have in his 100000000 closets??!?

Reactions: 12
[QUOTE="vikka, post: 1408502,
Phil was made prince before the wedding, he renounced his Greek (and Danish) titles and got in exchange British titles!

[/QUOTE]

He didn't get Prince back officially until his wife was queen and made him a prince of the United Kingdom. He got HRH, the Garter, and DoE on marriage but had to give up Prince of Greece and Denmark, be naturalised British, and change from Greek Orthodox to Anglican. He'd been Prince Philip all his life so I think people just carried on but it wasn't official, just like Princess Diana wasn't her title. Kate and Meghan may be classed as princesses of the UK through marriage but they don't have the title and would be Princess William and Princess Harry if they weren't duchesses. I think Princess Alice of Gloucester was the only one made a princess in her own right and that was in widowhood to distinguish her from Birgitte and to put her on a par with Princess Marina who was a princess by birth (and Phil's cousin to boot).

I also call bullshit on Andrew being HIV positive. Even if he was, what about it? It's not shameful to be HIV+

Kate used to be gorgeous when they were first together. She was about a size 10 and athletic in figure. Now Shes skinny and doesn't look great for it.
Her bust has gone and her legs are too skinny.
She is a beautiful woman though regardless of what her figure is like.
She definitely has help in the hair department as her hair was never as full as it has been since her wedding.

She has had elocution lessons as she speaks more posh than the Queen now! You can tell she has to think about every single word before it comes out of her mouth. It's very forced and un natural. I think that's why she uses her hands so much, she subconsciously pushes the words out.

She set out to hook William and once she did, she waited and waited for the proposal.
She is empty and soul less. I would like to see some of her real personality.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.