The Royal Family #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The kids are lovely. The oldest boy in particular looks very close to his Dad. I'd say they have a great relationship ♥
I enjoy watching how they're steering a course between an absolute sacred monarchy and bringing the country into the 21st century without losing its culture - and, of course, comparing it to our lot. Two things that stuck in my head for some reason: one, an announcement that "by royal command of Her Majesty the Queen" the domestic violence telephone holiness would remain open 24 hours a day during the pandemic, and, two, when the King took a packhorse and went off with the prime minister and another official to walk around the mountains seeing local communities and officials in the open air over several days. I couldn't stop laughing at the thought of William dragging Boris around hill, highland and island communities on foot 🤣 though it might do everyone a world of good.

Holiness?! FFS, autocarrot, that was hotline when I posted it!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I enjoy watching how they're steering a course between an absolute sacred monarchy and bringing the country into the 21st century without losing its culture - and, of course, comparing it to our lot. Two things that stuck in my head for some reason: one, an announcement that "by royal command of Her Majesty the Queen" the domestic violence telephone holiness would remain open 24 hours a day during the pandemic, and, two, when the King took a packhorse and went off with the prime minister and another official to walk around the mountains seeing local communities and officials in the open air over several days. I couldn't stop laughing at the thought of William dragging Boris around hill, highland and island communities on foot 🤣 though it might do everyone a world of good.

I read it as hotline, then read it back and realised it said holiness! On what planet is holiness more common than hotline! ( they are a hot couple though!)

Reactions: 2
"the Will and Kate of the Himalayas"
Really frustrates me when media does these sort of ‘comparisons’. How are they like Will and Kate? It’s often with foreign people too, like we couldn’t possibly understand their culture unless there is the loosest link to ours. It’s not with Royals, it’s with everything. Like a band being touted as ‘the new Beatles’ or an actress being called ‘the next Meryl Streep’ when they are all really different.

Reactions: 11
No way was Kate at school with Trinny Woodall, she’s at least 15 years older than her
Trinny Woodall was born 8 February 1964, so she is 57. Catherine was born 9 January 1982, so she is 39.

Definitely not at school together 🤣 In fact Trinny is old enough to be her mother 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I can’t find anything on Google about Trinny Woodhall, do they mean Woodall?
And yes, that blind is so saccharine!
Nah, the person sent a follow up which DeuxMoi shared. They got the names confused. It's some socialite with the same first name.

I find DeuxMoi such a weird 21st C celeb gossip thing. So many creepy photos sent in from people of celebs; it like a new generation of paparazzi & it seems quite invasive. Then they also host events like one they're doing soon on the new Spotify platform about dating celebs. Creepy.

Reactions: 3

😁 Boris being dragged around the countryside on foot would have been brilliant.

F
These Royal family Deuxmoi blinds seem like they are being submitted by an overenthusiastic Cambridge fan. It reads more like fanfiction than anything else. 😂

View attachment 817352

I think they fancy themselves as some sort of Lady Whistledown.
Full of Shi*e more like🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I saw the video of the Queen meeting John Kerry this morning and thought she looked very frail, then saw the latest news :(

As you say, probably nothing serious and to be expected at the Queen's age. I think in a lot of ways I see the Queen as omnipresent so her aging is quite alarming. I do feel for her still working now and as silly as it sounds I do think there should be a retirement age for monarch just for their own quality of life.

Reactions: 9
I saw the video of the Queen meeting John Kerry this morning and thought she looked very frail, then saw the latest news :(

As you say, probably nothing serious and to be expected at the Queen's age. I think in a lot of ways I see the Queen as omnipresent so her aging is quite alarming. I do feel for her still working now and as silly as it sounds I do think there should be a retirement age for monarch just for their own quality of life.
I agree. I think that would be a much better way of doing it. As it is, we are destined to have a very old monarch, succeeded by an old man and if Charles lives as long as his father another old man. Far better to have acreirement age and have someone still alive and experienced giving advice. And you don't have to deal with waiting for a parent to die before getting your job. The wholecsystem of monarchy seems abusive and divisive all round to the children growing up in it but at least retirement may make it a bit better.

Reactions: 8
Hopefully it's nothing serious but I think her family should step up more or that she should retire.

Reactions: 2
So Will and Kate have let the American magazine, People have exclusive shots of them backstage at Earthshot. Pics of hand holding and back rubs. I don't see "snogging" but maybe these shots were what those blind items were leading up to...

1634739540157.png

1634739729497.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The Queen doesn’t even have to abdicate. Charles could take over as Prince Regent and basically do the job workout being king. Might be a good idea to ease people intohis reign anyway.

Reactions: 9
The Queen doesn’t even have to abdicate. Charles could take over as Prince Regent and basically do the job workout being king. Might be a good idea to ease people intohis reign anyway.
I think that there's probably a fair bit of that behind the scenes already. It was Charles and William who had Andrew removed as a working member of the family (though not his HRH which seems vastly illogical given the reason for removing Harry and Meghan's), and Charles, Anne and Edward who reportedly made sure that he didn't return. You can see a lot of the serious stuff being handed over for Charles and William to be present at, as well as investitures.

Reactions: 4
The Daily mail has a really catty headline about the People pics. I guess they are upset than an American magazine got the exclusive instead of one of the royal rota.

With Earthshot 2022 taking place in America and this People exclusive it seems like the Cambridges are laying the groundwork for a US tour while they are over there? I mean it makes sense to kill two birds with one stone.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.