Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It’s interesting that no media outlet has mentioned how emotional Charles in particular looked yesterday. In fact the only person in media who’s acknowledged it at all is Lorraine Kelly.
I think it’s been a tough year for the royals and possibly Charles especially.
he’s lost his dad, his mother is frail, his brother is an eejit and his son and wife are loose cannons…. These sorts of things are normally a time of reflection too and he’s probably thinking WTAf !?!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
found her recent speeches impressive, such as this week's about violence against women, and with much more gravitas than Kate.
I am no fan of the Monarchy but I am very Impressed with Camilla actually and her work with violence against women. She was articulate and passionate and clearly knew what she was talking about. Apparently she pays for Boots to provide toiletries to rape victims too. I think she will save Charles' reign.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Keet

Chatty Member
I’m maybe going against the grain but I’m happy being kept in the dark if she has anything more serious going on. All these years she’s managed to balance being a public figure and only showing glimpses into her private life. At this stage in her life I’d hate for her to be hounded by the press and having every detail about her health splashed all over the worlds media. Same as I could have done without that photo of Prince Philip leaving hospital. I don’t need to see similar picture of HM

Reactions: 30
I think the palace overestimate the popularity of the queen. They probably think her passing will result in mourning of Diana proportions.
I think some people underestimate the impact on the culture once TQ has died.

No more "long live TQ", the money will change, her familiar face will no longer be linked to certain events, etc etc.

She is the only monarch known to people, not just in the UK, but in the whole world.
World leaders will relate differently to Charles than they did to TQ.

• Sad
Reactions: 28

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Kate and her entire family were blasted for basically a decade before she married William and got royal protection. You can think whatever you want about Kate and the Mids but that takes a lot of guts and Harry either didn't notice or didn't care that it was happening. Any girlfriend he has ever had has gotten similar treatment and I'm genuinely baffled as to how he seems to be only realising that press can be bad, now? or is it the case that it didn't effect his name so it didn't matter?

Also his statements of "press misinformation killed my mother" are bothering me too. No love, not wearing a seatbelt killed your mother. That and she played with fire with the press by calling them herself and playing games is what got her killed. I genuinely wouldn't put it past him to say Philip had her killed next.

Reactions: 27

kev1974

VIP Member
To be honest, I think he's dropped a clanger there. Space exploration, despite what a lot of people may think, is and has been important in furthering our understanding of science and the planet we live, as well as other planets. In fact space exploration can help us understand climate change. Without learning about other planets and the solar system, we may not find solutions for the future.

There are definitely legit reasons for space exploration, I don't think it's black and white as many think. I certainly don't know enough about space to say with confidence how important it is, but people in the know absolutely do. I'd suggest asking the question on the Space subreddit, which is a knowledgeable place.
"space exploration" - yes. "space tourism", which is what Bezos and Musk and Branson are doing - not so much.

Reactions: 26

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
I have just caught up with this case (mainly through Twitter I have to admit). I didn't know Finding Freedom was basically sanctioned by the Palace? So all those "the RF are blindsided" articles were pretty much B.S.

I don't find Meghan's claim that she forgot she had responded to an email from Knauf about FF problematic. Jason was her head of communications, everything would have had to go through him and she didn't give Jason any exclusives to give to FF just general info. No wonder that book was so forgettable.

I don't see how this helps the Mail's case. Last time I checked this case was supposed to be about copyright and expectation of privacy over a letter not FF. To me it sounds like they are just wasting time and throwing out as much information as they can so they can create headlines.

This court case just shows how much the reports of Prince William hating Meghan Markle are true. No way would Jason have been given the greenlight to testify & submit work emails without the permission of his boss- William.
Is that you Meghan?

• Haha
Reactions: 26

thegirlscout

VIP Member
On Monday the Queen addressed Cop 26 talking about how we need to tackle the climate crisis. Today she took a helicopter for a 35 minute (ish) trip to her second home. 😒

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I really like Camilla, and would have no issues with her being Queen (Consort?) Diana died 25 years ago because her driver was drunk and she wasnt wearing a seat belt. That's it, the end.

Keet

Chatty Member
I know this gets brought up every so often but how’s about the Meghan and Harry chat is taken over to their thread and save this one for the rest of the family?

• Heart

elliebee27

VIP Member
I really like Camilla, and would have no issues with her being Queen (Consort?) Diana died 25 years ago because her driver was drunk and she wasnt wearing a seat belt. That's it, the end.
I adore Camilla. She has done so much work for literacy and domestic violence charities. She deserves so much more attention and plaudits than she gets. She should be queen consort.

• Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
I'm still emotional at the moment. But if, heaven forbid, The Queen doesn't see The New Year in, I will sign a petition, protest, do SOMETHING (peaceful) to make sure Harry and Meghan are NOWHERE NEAR the state funeral. For me, that would be absolutely disgusting.
Its a family funeral. I think they should be free to make those decisions themselves.

Reactions: 24

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Or a 95 yr old woman who has been ordered to rest by a doctor after attending hospital for tests took a journey that took 35 mins instead of over 3hrs by car.
True but would any normal 95 year old get a chance to do that? No.
Plus it’s hypocritical to be spouting about saving the planet one day and using a helicopter the two days later.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Diana was damaged let's face it, her parents had a terrible divorce when she was what, 5? Then all the girls in the family being overshadowed by the birth of the heir, Charles Spencer. Then boarding school, where she struggled.

And then she got even more damaged by going into marriage with an older man who didnt love her, they had no shared interests, and he was still in love ("whatever that means") with Camilla. So damaged child lashes out left right and centre, the Firm get all arsey, and it's clear there's no easy way out for any of them.

She then produced the heir and the spare, so there's no further use for her. I reckon she just got really pissed off - a combination of the Spencers being more aristocratic than the RF and the attention of being PoW that went to her head - and it all spiralled downwards from there.

No one is innocent in this scenario, but at least Charles only pursued one woman (two if you include Kanga who seems to have been more of a FWB) while Diana charged her way through several other people's marriages...

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Peachsquish

VIP Member
On Monday the Queen addressed Cop 26 talking about how we need to tackle the climate crisis. Today she took a helicopter for a 35 minute (ish) trip to her second home. 😒
Or a 95 yr old woman who has been ordered to rest by a doctor after attending hospital for tests took a journey that took 35 mins instead of over 3hrs by car.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

thegirlscout

VIP Member
To be fair, any back pain can be debilitating and if you already have medical problems on top of that, coupled with her age. It makes sense to me.

make sure Harry and Meghan are NOWHERE NEAR the state funeral. For me, that would be absolutely disgusting.
Calm down, they are family. You’re acting like they have killed someone. Andrew will likely turn up but no such hysterics over him…

Reactions: 21

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
I think people are just being harsh on Meghan's post- baby body. Meghan loses her pregnancy weight slowly and naturally. No one should be pressured to lose, gain weight or shamed for how their body looks.
There are lots of legitimate reasons to criticise Meghan. Carrying a little bit of weight so soon after giving birth is unfair.

Reactions: 21