The Royal Family #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Andrew had it long coming. I just wish it would have been done decades ago, when the whole story with her was already out in public. He did so many shady things, the BRF should have retired him long ago for their own sake. His actions are inexcusable and H&M are in no way comparable.
The thing is- he might walk because I doubt they will be able to proof he did anything illegal in that case. We might suspect with good reason, but you have to be able to proof it. Being an immoral, despicable human is not a crime in itself. I doubt Epstein and Maxwell told those men, they forced/coerced those young women and we will never know if they told them if a girl was under the age of consent in the country they met. That doesn’t mean those men couldn’t have suspected it and should have made sure they were old enough and not trafficked (on the other hand would the women have answered honestly when they are scared?) and stepped back the second they thought it might only be a little bit strange. They turned a blind eye and ignored all warning signs. So they might be able to say- they thought she was old enough and freely participating, maybe even asked them.
I am very happy that it is differently today and this behaviour is by far not seen as normal anymore.
This also might accelerate Charles’ culling. Andrew and Fergie are my top pick. The elderly cousins will disappear from natural causes in the next 5-10 years. The York sisters should be fine without the title. The Sussex family is also pretty insignificant by now - no active role and way down the line of succession. And as they love blabbing about the BRF and slapping their title in massive letters on everything they do, they should not be surprised if the institution will be petty and knock them of their royal horse.
I don’t think H&M were the scapegoat for Andrew. People forget that the whole story has been running through the press decades ago. It was just not as shocking anymore (and of course a good dose of sexism and misogyny). M was the new punching ball and people love(d) to read tit about her. KP and BP handled them as they handle everyone. By not reacting. But I doubt M got someone parking a big vehicle with a massive slogan to shame her, in front of BP. Andrew did. People don’t like him. They haven’t for a long time. He is written off by the public and no one would bat an eyelid if he looses everything. H&M are the reasons for their own downfall. They managed to turn away lots of fans when they messed up to communicate clearly their wishes and complaints but tried to muscle everything their way and muddied their rightful complaints with exaggerated hysteria. Half truths, misleading communication, entitlement, changing your story ten times in 1 year, not following true with what was said is not the fault of BP.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
. I doubt Epstein and Maxwell told those men, they forced/coerced those young women and we will never know if they told them if a girl was under the age of consent in the country they met.
I agree. And the sad thing is that 'I simply didn't care about them, who they were or why they were there' is probably enough of a defence.

For those tattlers with a spare £40,000…… you could own a piece of royal jewellery.

View attachment 708995

View attachment 708998
I love Pearl's. Even when they were passe

Reactions: 4
harry and meghan's statements always come across as a lot of words with very little meaning.

Reactions: 12
I agree. And the sad thing is that 'I simply didn't care about them, who they were or why they were there' is probably enough of a defence.

I love Pearl's. Even when they were passe
I think it’s not. If you have sex with someone under the age of consent at that place or someone forced you are still punishable. He would also be a great choice to make an example. Lots of publicity and attention. Will be interesting if his fall from grace leaves him vulnerable enough, most men from this connection are still hidden or not questioned by the public because they are still rich and powerful. Still doesn’t mean that they will be able to proof him guilty. Virginia has made some conflicting statements and the defense might be able to rip her over it. He is morally guilty but that’s not the same as being legally guilty. My guess is they will try to settle as quickly as possible and gag her for the future if this even goes to trial.

Reactions: 3
1629555008995.png

Trending now: from people claiming to want privacy- I've never heard so much from them in one year: the oprah interviews, Netflix deal, Spotify and books.

Why does he do that? He makes the BRF look bad in the US also
Because he cares about the environment enough to lecture everyone, else but doesn't expect it to apply to him.

Reactions: 14
To be honest I might be biased, as I personally always felt judged by someone heavy under the influence of extinction rebellion. It's the small comments that annoyed me the most.

"You fly a lot"- when I'd just go home every 3-5 months to see my family.
"The earth will be dead." When I said maybe I wanted x number of children.

Reactions: 5
I must admit that I wonder why Andrew is still allowed to use HRH while Harry isn't. Both of them are no longer undertaking royal duties and, whatever Harry has done and has been said to have done, it pales compared to his uncle's corrupt financial dealings and alleged sexual crimes. Andrew, who was hated by the navy when serving and has done nothing for the services, has been allowed to retain his military links and saw nothing wrong about potentially prancing about in an admiral's uniform at his father's funeral; Harry, who set up Invictus and has worked for servicepeople, gets them all removed. Favouritism is so obvious.

Incidentally, this week saw the baptism of Prince Julian, King Carl Gustav of Sweden's eighth grandchild, son of Prince Carl Philip, and the first born after the King made changes to the Royal Family and Royal House. As a grandchild not in the main line, Julian is a Prince and member of the Swedish Royal Family, as are all children of his father and aunts, but he doesn't get HRH, is not a member of the Swedish Royal House, and will not be expected to undertake royal duties in the future but make his own way in the world. The only grandchildren of the king who are HRH and members of the Royal House are those of Crown Princess Victoria, the main line. If Charles did similar, bang would go Beatrice and Eugenie's HRHs but not their titles. Into the bargain, Sweden no longer distinguishes between children of princes and princesses so the children of Princess Madeleine are also prince and princesses, unlike the Princess Royal's here.

Reactions: 6
Harry has lived a privileged life for 30+ years. Most working class people want to enjoy their lives while they can. Saying we all need to do something about climate change, then watching him travelling back n forth between states is embarrassing.

The same with his dad. Preaching about climate change, but he owns big estates and able to grow his own organic produce, meanwhile most people in this country have to pay higher prices for organic.

Reactions: 7
Why is Queenie allowing this? Is she dense? Harry was stripped of his roles because he left but so has Andrew, in essence. He can’t perform any duties and won’t be able to join in with anything publicly because of who he kept company with. Does she not understand that anything Andrew touches is just a PR nightmare?

I must admit that I wonder why Andrew is still allowed to use HRH while Harry isn't. Both of them are no longer undertaking royal duties and, whatever Harry has done and has been said to have done, it pales compared to his uncle's corrupt financial dealings and alleged sexual crimes. Andrew, who was hated by the navy when serving and has done nothing for the services, has been allowed to retain his military links and saw nothing wrong about potentially prancing about in an admiral's uniform at his father's funeral; Harry, who set up Invictus and has worked for servicepeople, gets them all removed. Favouritism is so obvious.

Incidentally, this week saw the baptism of Prince Julian, King Carl Gustav of Sweden's eighth grandchild, son of Prince Carl Philip, and the first born after the King made changes to the Royal Family and Royal House. As a grandchild not in the main line, Julian is a Prince and member of the Swedish Royal Family, as are all children of his father and aunts, but he doesn't get HRH, is not a member of the Swedish Royal House, and will not be expected to undertake royal duties in the future but make his own way in the world. The only grandchildren of the king who are HRH and members of the Royal House are those of Crown Princess Victoria, the main line. If Charles did similar, bang would go Beatrice and Eugenie's HRHs but not their titles. Into the bargain, Sweden no longer distinguishes between children of princes and princesses so the children of Princess Madeleine are also prince and princesses, unlike the Princess Royal's here.
For every cry of the Royal family modernising itself, the British royals are so behind it times it’s painful. I know it’s a very privileged problem but women should be able to inherit and pass on titles. It’s so outdated that they can’t.

Reactions: 14
Queen really should have abdicated some time ago. Let Charles modernise the monarchy, get rid of all the hangers on. Andrew (her favourite apparently) stripped of his titles, and out on his ear.... M&H too.

Reactions: 8
Queen really should have abdicated some time ago. Let Charles modernise the monarchy, get rid of all the hangers on. Andrew (her favourite apparently) stripped of his titles, and out on his ear.... M&H too.
It's an absolute disgrace that Andrew keeps his military titles when Harry doesn't. It just goes to show what HM thinks about Andrew's behaviour. She will protect him with her last breath.

Reactions: 10
I don’t think Charles would actually modernise it, it would still be the same BRF just smaller.

I think everyone is on the same page about our most disgraceful Andrew. The only and kind of unfair and weak reasons I see why Andrew is still in, is that he had bounced back from it before (bad enough really) and that he didn’t run around telling everyone how mean and unfairly he is treated and that he never made it so publicly obvious that he plans on using his titles for his own financial gain (even though I am sure that’s what he did).
The BRF has to cut down and people will be cut out for different reasons. And modernise the issue of woman carrying/inheriting titles etc.
I doubt we will see new Princes/Princesses outside any future children of George. Maybe Kate when she becomes Queen.
The Prince title works differently in the UK than in Sweden I think AND CP and Madeleine never complained about the cut but publicly welcomed it. They have a very different way to cover their ground and don’t need as many working royals even now.
I agree that Charles will not bring a massive bang but probably make subtle changes which effects will only show over time. If Wiliam will be crowned that might be the time to see them coming into effect.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.