Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thankyoudelia

She's the daughter of one and very well off apperantly and has a great city job.

Anyone who think Carole didnt have a hand in Kate getting William back together or sending them to a posh boarding school so they can climb a few social rungs on the ladder is blind.
So what? This is why most people battle hard to get their kids into good schools, whether that’s independent OR state. Everybody wants their kids to have a good life, or a better life than they’ve had.

CM came from humble beginnings, true. She worked hard, married a top bloke who happened to have a few quid in the bank and they did their very best to give their three children the very best start in life they could. You can throw all the inverted snobbery and true snobbery (eg, Prince William & Harry’s gobshite mates who used to snigger ‘doors to manual’ behind the Middleton girls backs) at the family, however, they seem truly warm, loving AND stable. Everything you’d wish for the Royal Family but they’re not.

As for CM playing a hand in getting William and Catherine back together after they split … yeah, and? She saw her daughter broken-hearted and the boyfriend she had great maternal affection for looking a bit lost. You’d have to be a stony hearted old bint of a mother not to try and step in if you saw your child hurting.

My OH and I hit a real bad patch a few years ago and my late M-I-L basically banged our heads together until we sorted things out. It’s what we needed. She was lovely. I’d do the same for my kids in a heartbeat.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

50sGirl

VIP Member
I think it's obvious over the last number of years that the royals are racist. I remember hearing that Harry brought up how unhappy him and Megan were before they left to Charles and he ignored them. The Royals get thier fair chance to respond but they choose not to. Remember, this is the same family who pimp out George in private to journalists so they get good stories written about them
Wasn't it Harry that said to Stephen Amos “you don’t sound like a black chap?”.
Wasn’t it Harry who used the term r*ghead and “my p*ki friend”?
Wasn‘t it Harry who dressed as a Nazi?

And no, 2 wrongs don’t make a right but if they are going to call someone a racist then have the balls to name them or shut the fuck up!

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Reraciara

Chatty Member
The pretend prince with the pretend doctor🙄
I know this isn't the right thread but she is a real doctor - She holds two masters and a PhD in education so she is a doctor and can call herself one and if that was me I'd sure as fuck use the title.

People should really stop sneering at the educated.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

thankyoudelia

I think this is pretty bad. Very bourgoise. Not a good reflection on Kate, the Middletons and the BRF
Oh, c’mon! It’s a handful of really sweet photos of the couple with the ‘payment’ going to a charity who really helped James Middleton when he was dealing with crippling depression. There are no jolly photos of the Duchess of Cambridge doing a conga around a French vineyard of Prince Louis skidding across the dance floor at midnight. The couple know there’s some public interest in their marriage and they’re using this to do a bit of good for a brilliant charity. What is the problem?

Sweet FA to do with the RF, especially as Hello and OK! magz have shelled out cash for wedding pics of plenty of weddings the Royals have attended. Never heard anyone complain about those and the RF’s rep before, yet the bucks from those almost certainly hasn’t been going to charidee.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I am blown away by Catherine's dress. I think she is absolutely stunning. It's a proper family affair. I think Camilla looks fab too.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Reraciara

Chatty Member
James Middleton and his wife sold their wedding photos to Hello magazine.

You just know Carole slept well that night knowing all her children are now married off - one to a future king, another to a billionaire and now James to a French aristocrat.

Her work here is done.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

bubbadabut

VIP Member
This image is hilarious (not because it’s of Harry and Meghan). The proportions are so off! Harry’s body looks weird like he’s crouching down? Why do they have really small torsos? Why are they in front of an autumnal scene? It looks like the cover to a Hallmark film or a trashy romance novel.
I love it.
View attachment 764270
So cute to see how much they've changed over the years

1631727376245.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Harry and Meghan won’t be happy that Uncle Andrew is the latest headline news in the press even though the reason for his high profile is hideous. I feel sorry for his daughters. Beatrice must be very close to her due date.
I do feel sorry for Beatrice and Eugenie. Not their fault who their parents are.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
I know this isn't the right thread but she is a real doctor - She holds two masters and a PhD in education so she is a doctor and can call herself one and if that was me I'd sure as fuck use the title.

People should really stop sneering at the educated.
Agree. She has a Doctorate in Education. People who think that only people who are medical doctors are Dr's are the ignorant ones because they have no understanding of what a PhD entails. She is Dr Gill Biden. I wonder if a man's educational achievement would be denigrated in the same way?

Reactions: 22

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Am I the only one that can't stand William? I just find him incredibly smug and pompous. To me, he really comes across as looking down his nose at us ordinary people and thinking he's better than us.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Peonyrose

VIP Member
Wearing clothes that expensive to a school where kids don’t have food at home? So unbelievably tone deaf and out of touch with reality.

• Angry
Reactions: 21

Onetwofour

VIP Member
Also Kate got a lot of headlines about her body or about her social class (and not nice ones). She was also presented as a social-climber. She also got hunted - much more than Meghan in fact. Not saying Meghan didn't get bad headlines but I thought tactless during the Oprah's interview to say that Kate just got "rude" headlines. In any case being a woman in the spotlight can be very harsh and there shoudn't be a competition who got it worse. Tabloids will use different angles to tackle a woman, can it be racism (for women of colour), classicism, sexism, body shaming, fake rumours etc. They want to attract people to read those articles and will use whatever they could. Many women got it very bad in the press, like Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse Naomi Campbell, Michelle Obama or Kim Kardashian - the only thing they have in common is to be women.

And of course it is mentally challenging to be attacked on a daily basis and I don't deny what Meghan must have been through (and still go through today - being out of the brf is not a magical cure). I really hope things will change because it's not ok how women can be treated by the press.

Reactions: 20

Anyways888

I wish they would stop trying to rehab Prince Andrew's image. No one wants him back in the public sphere. He should just handle his business with Virgina and then retire for good.

Reactions: 19

sephylily

VIP Member
also where is archie? no children should be being made into mocking caricatures by grown adults but why is it that they've chosen to focus on certain children and not others?

• Heart
Reactions: 19