The Royal Family #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure that it is no different to some of the estates that you mention. In many cases much of the properties are privately owned by the families. None of the properties in the Duchy of Lancaster are owned privately by the Windsor family.
[/QUOTE]
I thought when Charles i lost his head there Duchies reverted to the State as they were privately owned by the Crown, not the family, so no Crown, no Estate, then Charles ii negotiated them back. Both duchies are extremely dodgy legally and tax wise, and only a member of the BRF, with the complicity of the courts and successive governments would be able to get away with it.

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure that it is no different to some of the estates that you mention. In many cases much of the properties are privately owned by the families. None of the properties in the Duchy of Lancaster are owned privately by the Windsor family.
I thought when Charles i lost his head there Duchies reverted to the State as they were privately owned by the Crown, not the family, so no Crown, no Estate, then Charles ii negotiated them back. Both duchies are extremely dodgy legally and tax wise, and only a member of the BRF, with the complicity of the courts and successive governments would be able to get away with it.
[/QUOTE]
Actually technically the jurisdiction of the county palatine of Lancaster simply passed to Cromwell when he was Lord Protector before reverting to the Crown at the Restoration.

There is nothing dodgy about it compared to any other private landowner and in this case using its funds saves the taxpayer having to fund Andrew's legal bills through legal aid

Reactions: 3
in this case using its funds saves the taxpayer having to fund Andrew's legal bills through legal aid
This would never have happened. One of the richest families in the UK applying for legal aid? I can't see it.

I suspect Andrew would have found the money from somewhere if his mother didn't want to bail him out. He might have even found some sychophantic law firm to represent him pro-bono in return for OBE's or something.

Reactions: 2
Did you guys see the Queen getting booed? Never thought I would see the day that Lizzie would be receiving this kind of reaction 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did you guys see the Queen getting booed? Never thought I would see the day that Lizzie would be receiving this kind of reaction 😂

She was only booed by a handful of nationalist fanatics from the 45% who voted Yes to independence in 2014. Even Sturgeon ignores them as she knows she needs to win over the 55% of Scots who voted to keep the Queen and the Union in 2014. Most of that crowd was anyway still cheers not boos

She was only booed by a handful of nationalist fanatics from the 45% who voted Yes to independence in 2014. Even Sturgeon ignores them as she knows she needs to win over the 55% of Scots who voted to keep the Queen and the Union in 2014. Most of that crowd was anyway still cheers not boos
Booing a 95 year old...what sad tossers they are

Reactions: 10
Booing a 95 year old...what sad tossers they are
If being 95 years old renders our unelected head of state beyond criticism it’s time for her to step down.

Is there any evidence that no voters did so to keep the queen?

Reactions: 7
If being 95 years old renders our unelected head of state beyond criticism it’s time for her to step down.

I'm all for Scottish Independence, if that is what the people want, so be it. But I would have enough manners not to boo a 95 year old.

Reactions: 12
I'm all for Scottish Independence, if that is what the people want, so be it. But I would have enough manners not to boo a 95 year old.
People have a right to protest. If being 95 makes her immune from criticism then she should not be in the job. She’s not just some little old lady, she’s an unelected head of state.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
[/QUOTE]

They need to pass them to the left hand side.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

By definition keeping the Union meant keeping its Head of State too

People have a right to protest. If being 95 makes her immune from criticism then she should not be in the job. She’s not just some little old lady, she’s an unelected head of state.
It was a great image for Unionists though who will no doubt use it at a key moment in any indyref2 campaign in ads targeted at swing voters to show how extreme and rude hardline Nats are

By definition keeping the Union meant keeping its Head of State too
Of course but that’s not what I asked.

It was a great image for Unionists though who will no doubt use it at a key moment in any indyref2 campaign in ads targeted at swing voters to show how extreme and rude hardline Nats are
What makes you think that all no voters are unionists or monarchists?

Last edited:

Polling which shows voters for Unionist parties want to keep the monarchy as do most Scots overall even if independence

This doesn’t prove that all no voters are unionists and monarchists, does it?
It proves that most No voters are monarchists and more Scots are monarchists than republicans too. So by booing the Queen Nationalists have given the Better Together campaign free advertising to be replayed in any future indyref2 campaign. So a great coup for Unionists and a free attack ad

It proves that most No voters are monarchists and more Scots are monarchists than republicans too. So by booing the Queen Nationalists have given the Better Together campaign free advertising to be replayed in any future indyref2 campaign. So a great coup for Unionists and a free attack ad
It proves that most who took part in this poll and vote for a unionist party would keep the monarchy. However, post 2014 vote analysis showed that party affiliations didn’t always translate into votes in the referendum. That’s not surprising when you consider how much larger the voter turnout was for the referendum versus regular elections. I would agree that more No voters than not would keep the monarchy but the polling figures show that it is from all. In polls specifically asking about voting intention and position on the monarchy, the highest I’ve seen it polled at is 54% of No voters in favour of keeping the monarchy. I’ve never seen any polling that asks if Scots voted No to specifically to keep the monarchy or Yes to end it.

As for the Better together campaign, the type of Scots who care that much about the Queen were already voting No and would do so even if she bludgeoned a child to death in front of them. Loyalism is a big part of their identity. Focusing on the monarchy would not be a smart move for a No campaign as not all No voters are unionists and not all unionists are monarchists. Many like me voted No for reasons other than unionism.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It proves that most who took part in this poll and vote for a unionist party would keep the monarchy. However, post 2014 vote analysis showed that party affiliations didn’t always translate into votes in the referendum. That’s not surprising when you consider how much larger the voter turnout was for the referendum versus regular elections. I would agree that more No voters than not would keep the monarchy but the polling figures show that it is from all. In polls specifically asking about voting intention and position on the monarchy, the highest I’ve seen it polled at is 54% of No voters in favour of keeping the monarchy. I’ve never seen any polling that asks if Scots voted No to specifically to keep the monarchy or Yes to end it.

As for the Better together campaign, the type of Scots who care that much about the Queen were already voting No and would do so even if she bludgeoned a child to death in front of them. Loyalism is a big part of their identity. Focusing on the monarchy would not be a smart move for a No campaign as not all No voters are unionists and not all unionists are monarchists. Many like me voted No for reasons other than unionism.
Of course it is a smart move, the vast majority of the 55% No voters in 2014 are monarchists and they are who the No campaign need to keep. It is Sturgeon who needs to get them to switch to Yes given Yes lost in 2014 and booing the Queen will do precisely the opposite

Of course it is a smart move, the vast majority of the 55% No voters in 2014 are monarchists and they are who the No campaign need to keep. It is Sturgeon who needs to get them to switch to Yes given Yes lost in 2014 and booing the Queen will do precisely the opposite
Are you Scottish?

the vast majority of the 55% No voters in 2014 are monarchists
Not any of the No voters I know!😂😂😂 The Queen is an irrelevance to us. Certainly a very small % of No voters, or even Yes voters, care about retaining the monarchy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.