The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a black woman I don’t imagine Michelle is surprised. And she needn’t dilute that to *make other people comfortable.

*Or diplomacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I wonder if Prince Philip has been kept informed of the Oprah tv show and subsequent fallout, or if he's been shielded from it?

I'm nosey, so I'm wondering if he's going to call Harry to have a catch-up.

Reactions: 2
Oh no, now Gayle King reported that the brothers have spoken on the weekend but that the conversation did not go well and they still allow negative articles about MM. Some blabla that the family wants to deal with it privately but they are glad the conversation started, blabla

This is turning into "Royal family therapy with Oprah and Gayle! Tune in to find out if the unhappy couple will get what they want"

Reactions: 15
Just my opinion but it’s starting to look a bit petty and bitter leaking details of their conversations to Gayle King. Tacky also. Do they want to mend bridges or not? For the rest of the royal family I think it would make me nervous to want to talk to them knowing that it’s not private. They‘ve said their piece to Oprah, I find this just so unnecessary and unproductive.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
They're celebrities now, I wouldn't trust any correspondence to them after this, if H&M actually wanted to heal the family side of things this stuff would not be leaked.

Reactions: 13
The less you respond to drama, the more peaceful your life becomes.
The Queen and her Team know this.

In the words of the Chrissie Hynde/Grace Jones song,
"Private life, drama baby, leave me out."

Reactions: 11
Just my opinion but it’s starting to look a bit petty and bitter leaking details of their conversations to Gayle King. Tacky also. Do they want to mend bridges or not? For the rest of the royal family I think it would make me nervous to want to talk to them knowing that it’s not private. They‘ve said their piece to Oprah, I find this just so unnecessary and unproductive.
And he wonders why "Charles cut him off and not returning calls"? Why would anyone want to talk to someone that is tactfully leaking details of their conversations and mischaracterising the content of the conversations!

Reactions: 20
And he wonders why "Charles cut him off and not returning calls"? Why would anyone want to talk to someone that is tactfully leaking details of their conversations and mischaracterising the content of the conversations!
It just doesn’t look good. And it’s not all about the public and what we think, Harry is still a human being and they are still his family, despite the fact so much of their lives are public. This won’t help him to heal the rift. I think it’s all very sad and I’m sure there’s much we don’t know. Sometimes families fall out and people get hurt but I really don’t think leaking further information to the media is benefiting anyone at all.

Reactions: 11
It's strange how H and M are now communicating through the media, exactly what they didn't like Thomas Markle doing.

Harry will never mend the relationship with his brother if he always runs to Oprah or Gayle with every word that has been said.

Reactions: 26
It's strange how H and M are now communicating through the media, exactly what they didn't like Thomas Markle doing.

Harry will never mend the relationship with his brother if he always runs to Oprah or Gayle with every word that has been said.
Odd for people who claim to want their privacy too. I’d never want the public knowing so much about my family no matter who we were.

I read this article at lunch time and think that this is a perfect comment/response regarding the racism.
This is what I also thought, but would never have been able to express this well. I find this column very well written, informative, eloquent and intelligent:

Rolled my eyes so hard at this. Basically, ignore the racism some people aren't racist. I'm tired of having to ignore racism. Well done Meghan for calling it out I say.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The Royal Family functions as a hierarchy. Of course those at the top are going to be more in favour.

The Duchess of Cambridge will one day be Queen - her life is on a completely different path to MM's.

She may perceive this as racism, but ultimately anyone in her position would play second fiddle to Kate. Of course, MM lacks the humility and knowledge to realise this.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I do find it really odd that the children are writing cards to a grandmother they have never met and in all honesty probably have very little understanding of. If this is something they do all the time (which cynical me doubts) then it really is a personal family thing and it feels really crass to publicise it - it also goes totally against their preference to keep the children out of the public eye as much as they can.

It felt an incredible cynical move - as if they are trying to outdo Harry's grief. Far better that everyone understands that twi young boys lost their mother and it has had a devasating impact on both. It's pretty grim to start point scoring over who is most upset and a decision I suspect they will all regret in time.

Anyone else hoping both the Cambridges and Sussexes shush up for a while?!
I think releasing the photo of the children's cards to Diana was trying to remind everyone (including Harry) that he isnt the only one that lost his Mother and that William lost her too.

Reactions: 16
He looks like a 99 year old man who just recovered from an infection and had a heart operation and spent a month in hospital.

We should wish him well, not comment on his looks. He is not a L'Oreal model anyway
No other 99 year old would make it out of an NHS hospital or be given surgery....they would be put on the care(death) pathway!

Rolled my eyes so hard at this. Basically, ignore the racism some people aren't racist. I'm tired of having to ignore racism. Well done Meghan for calling it out I say.
What is racist. exactly? Questioning the skin colour of the child? My nephew is dark skinned, and my niece is pale skinned, they are twins, everyone in my family remarks it, there's nothing racist about it. If you've ever come from a mixed race background you'll know this is normal. I have many more examples, but this is quite normal for people of a more mixed background.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.