The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it's becoming very, very clear that kate and william will be abused for months on end now no matter what they do. they honoured diana in last year's mother's day post and nobody had an issue but this year everyone does. i just watched a video of william and diana together when she was alive and it really upset me that people are acting like he too can't grieve for his mother. if this was harry, people would be falling over themselves going ahh archie is so cute. there would be no discussion of what ulterior motives he had. i didn't even particularly dislike meghan before this interview and now i really am angry at her. harry i have always disliked because his racism has always been skimmed over and i feel he has been favoured by the wider public. i can't imagine what hate you must have for your family to release a video claiming all sorts about your family and not once address your wife's family who have been giving public, negative interviews about your wife since you were engaged to be married.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I adore Kate for attending the vigil that wasn't a vigil. The irony of her attending with security makes me feel a bit urgh though I completely get that she couldn't attend without security. This is the kind of thing we need to see the younger royals supporting (which I think would have been right up Harry and Meghans Street tbh) I think Kate absolutely did the right thing here.

Reactions: 29
When I watched the video it looked like Kate may have had female security with her, I might be completely wrong. I thought it was great that she went, I cannot believe the images I've seen this evening.
If I am to be honest I didn’t see any security as she was striding away and usually you would cope them!! I think her officer would be right behind her!! She was walking particularly fast as if she was in a hurry to get out of there! Now this makes me think she may not have had security, if she wanted to be seen she would have been walking at a slower rate!! You would have seen her protection officer behind her or beside her!! While looking at the flowers

Reactions: 7
Well done Kate for going. Every woman I know has faced some sort of situation and made adjustments in their day to day life to try to keep safe. I have no doubt Kate and her friends have had to make those adjustments at some point and that’s why she went. Poor Sarah was just walking home, she should have been safe.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
There is another article in the Daily Fail, this time about a letter they sent to a school boy about mental health.

So this letter article, then the vigil visit, then two Mother's Day posts on Insta... It's quite a lot. Is there usually this much in the press about them?

Reactions: 11
If I am to be honest I didn’t see any security as she was striding away and usually you would cope them!! I think her officer would be right behind her!! She was walking particularly fast as if she was in a hurry to get out of there! Now this makes me think she may not have had security, if she wanted to be seen she would have been walking at a slower rate!! You would have seen her protection officer behind her or beside her!! While looking at the flowers
their protection can be covert or overt but it is always there 24/7

There is another article in the Daily Fail, this time about a letter they sent to a school boy about mental health.

So this letter article, then the vigil visit, then two Mother's Day posts on Insta... It's quite a lot. Is there usually this much in the press about them?
Not normally but the daily fail are anti Megan and pro Kate and William so they are over publicising any good they do at the moment

Reactions: 12

Don't you think they should step up after that public roasting? I suppose they should sit in their cold palaces and say nothing. Oh wait, that would be wrong as well.

Don't you think they should step up after that public roasting? I suppose they should sit in their cold palaces and say nothing. Oh wait, that would be wrong as well.
I don't know what they "should" do and I also believe that the interview was unfair and mean.
I just think that anything that is too obvious won't do any good as people will perceive it as them playing it up to distract from the interview.
They don't need to sit in their palace and stay stumm, but four headlines on one day is a bit much in my view.

Reactions: 3
I think they should step it up, but they should continue to keep up the pace, and not just the glamorous stuff, and not just when there is a crisis. It's hardly as if they were so overworked before that they couldnt fit any more in. They are the beneficiaries of the Monarchy. No one else really. Charles will be a very old man by the time he is King, so they need to work and be seen to justify their position. Ironically I think Charles is more of a moderniser than William. I dont think William will do anything to modernise the Monarchy that he doesnt absolutely have to to ensure George is King. He needs to demonstrate the value of the Monarchy over and above 'Its crap but the alternative might be crapper'.

Reactions: 11
I think they should step it up, but they should continue to keep up the pace, and not just the glamorous stuff, and not just when there is a crisis. It's hardly as if they were so overworked before that they couldnt fit any more in. They are the beneficiaries of the Monarchy. No one else really. Charles will be a very old man by the time he is King, so they need to work and be seen to justify their position. Ironically I think Charles is more of a moderniser than William. I dont think William will do anything to modernise the Monarchy that he doesnt absolutely have to to ensure George is King. He needs to demonstrate the value of the Monarchy over and above 'Its crap but the alternative might be crapper'.
Yes, ironically I also see Charles to be more modern than William. William seems so traditional (and a bit snobby) and stiff, Charles seems more open and fun despite being "very British".

I want TQ to rule forever. Her statement last week was so cool. I am still laughing at "some recollections may vary". Sums it all up, really.

Reactions: 16

They have definitely stepped up their PR in response and have been busier this week than the last few months.

No one dispustes that Kate's feelings and visit to the non-vigil were insincere, I think the story shook every woman (esp as the murderer is someone we should be able to trust - a policeman) and made us think again about the state of our society.

Nonetheless it is a convenient PR excersize and KP would've made sure that the press eventually got wind of it if no one from the site had posted about it first.
They're not stupid and know what needs to be done, the interview was helpful and damaging towards the Windsors and they have to act on it.
She should have worn a mask, there were too many people too close together, even being outside isn't fool-proof protection, but her not wearing a mask makes it 100% certain that it's seen she was there.

She'd have 1, 2 at most, RPOs with her.
If only 1, that person was nearby. If 2, one was nearby and the other at a safe distance.

This is their typical PR rota, who's been watching the Windsors for longer than H&M's wedding will recognize their type of PR response.
And with this non-vigil it is also a bit of a response to M throwing K under the bus back in the day for not being feminist enough (their "fab four" joint panel and only joint interview to date, the week before there was the movement of metoo supporters wearing black to the red carpet, it was BAFTA week and K wore green, M spoke about this on stage and said women must support women and set a sign and K nearly died on stage.).

Photo-ops, pap pics (which they never ever allow, so when they do happen you know they have been published either 1. with KP consent or 2. because the press is pssed off), engagements, social media posts, involving the kids and reminding people of Diana, leaks in the press ("sources say/claim").

Of course her sons are allowed to grieve her and keep her memory alive, but they have both used her for their convenience as well over the years.

It is good old, reliable, same as ever Windsor PR and for those who have followed for a long time easily recognizeable.
To those who haven't followed for too long it is easy to say it is cynical to call it PR and these posts may seem heartless, but when you follow them for long enough, watch various docus and see and read what their former PR people tell you they did, it is easy to spot and see it for what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Oh for heavens sake it's clear to see her security following her. 🙄

There's not a chance she would go, or be allowed to, without security and rightfully so. But I'm pretty sure in one angle you can see one woman in leather gloves that may be with her.

Why would she walk slower if she wanted to be seen? She'd been seen. She only needs to appear for a few seconds and it'll be captured on camera.

Reactions: 5
Those Mother Day cards were so cringe. Now, if the children asked, or W&K decided at one point that’s what they would like to do with them, that’s absolutely fine. Sharing your own grieve with children is complicated- they have no connection to the dead person. By all accounts, Camilla is probably much more real and important as step-grandma then Diana (if you believe they spend time together- I don’t think those small satellite units are as close as they wahr us to believe). It’s hard. And obviously you don’t want your children to be actually upset, but shying away from sharing your own feelings is not great either.
So, whatever they do, it’s cool. But showing those cards was very much are an obvious and blatant PR move.
They could have made two separate posts and write a bit more about their personal approach. Was it the older kids idea? First time or are they doing it for years? Maybe talk about how you remember her, how you make her known to your children. How hard it is on you. Many could connect.
It’s come a bit out of nowhere. Diana is always brought up to basically make people feel
Sorry for H&W. They use her to style themselves as victims and shut down criticism. They could have shown earlier cards or mentioned that card making is a well loved activity. They could have incorporated this Diana-Grandchildren angle since George’s birth. Showing photos, sharing stories, cooking favourite recipes, celebrating her birthday.....
I do realise, that we have only seen more “personal” insights in the Cambridge family since Louis is 1. So this might fit a pattern, but it’s still too much after never really touching in this topic like that. It was the right post at the wrong time.

Reactions: 18
I think those cards were a bit much too. Fine to do them, but if they have done them every year, why release them now? It was all a reaction to the interview, so ' Harry spoke about his mother, so we will, Meghan spoke about mental health so we'll send a random letter to a school about mental health, Meghan said Kate didnt support women, Kate goes to vigil. The PR this week has been way over the top, but they know they have the press on their side, and the Royalists will lap it up. We'll see what they do when this all dies down. Will they go back to their usual lazy ways or will they be forced to step up, as the spotlight will be just on them?
All the PR has been reactive so far, as in ' look at Kate and how dutiful she is- a proper Royal- not like Meghan'. Without the ' not like Meghan' bit, do they stand up to scrutiny? They have to be useful in their own right.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Obviously the Palace is in full damage limitation mode now. If in doubt bring in Diana, always seems to work, and they know it.

Reactions: 15
I think those cards were a bit much too. Fine to do them, but if they have done them every year, why release them now? It was all a reaction to the interview, so ' Harry spoke about his mother, so we will, Meghan spoke about mental health so we'll send a random letter to a school about mental health, Meghan said Kate didnt support women, Kate goes to vigil. The PR this week has been way over the top, but they know they have the press on their side, and the Royalists will lap it up. We'll see what they do when this all dies down. Will they go back to their usual lazy ways or will they be forced to step up, as the spotlight will be just on them?
All the PR has been reactive so far, as in ' look at Kate and how dutiful she is- a proper Royal- not like Meghan'. Without the ' not like Meghan' bit, do they stand up to scrutiny? They have to be useful in their own right.
This is spot on. They need to be more proactive in their PR. The fact that M&H had the first strike has put them in a defensive position. The one who speaks out first is at an advantage because whatever they do now, will be measured against the narrative the other part set up.
At the moment they try to reclaim the Diana narrative and try to go even. That is not working if you are always one step behind. Kate could put more into her hospice work and support the arts. Wiliam and the suicidal men might look a bit desperate, but he could amp up military and his Earth Shot Prize engagements. The NHS is also a field H&M have no stakes in. They can take over the “old” fields of H&M (especially when many feel they turned a back in them) AND built up their own special interests. Including them in bigger diplomatic jobs would also work great. Join the Queen and PC digitally and in real life. That would underline their importance in terms of the monarchy. They also desperately need to adapt their Social Media. At the moment H&M don’t have an official account. Will and Kate are also at an advantage at releasing more photos of them and their children. Archie might draw more initial attention as we don’t see much of him and all the drama- but you can also not built somewhat of a relation to him. George will need this if he wants to be king (people must be sympathetic enough to not care or even want it) and cute children/family pictures are always good PR. But they need a strategy and consistency. H&M aren’t as public at the moment (I predict this will very much change soon)- so put yourself out there. 3-5 times a week (you know like everyone else with a job......). Be visible (and repeat, repeat, repeat your clothes, people love it. Kate could make two zoom calls a day without having to go shopping and not wear the same thing twice).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think the cards are William’s way of speaking out and reminding people he also lost his mother. It’s incredibly difficult being part of the RF as they can’t retaliate to the Oprah interview, however if they are going into PR mega drive then good for them. I’d imagine William being angry that they mentioned Kate by name especially as she hasn’t put a foot wrong and is very loyal.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.