The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I watched the video it looked like Kate may have had female security with her, I might be completely wrong. I thought it was great that she went, I cannot believe the images I've seen this evening.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Have people really complained at women's reactions? How awful, really disgraceful.
I’ve seen comments on Twitter and my own Facebook and other girlfriends have messaged me saying they’ve seen it on tiktok, Instagram, etc. I’ve stopped looking because it makes me so upset.

What do you all think is next for the Royals? There is still a big fall out happening with The Interview and I wonder if the Royals will face any more criticism or if they will gently ride the wave until it calms down?
I did find it interesting that ITV has been forced to removed the doctored headlines that were used. I wonder if this will go any further?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I think it’s important Kate went. And making it pretty low key and personal as well (actual personal concern or PR- I don’t know).
She most definitely should have brought a mask. While she might have though there wouldn’t be many people, if you look at the video there were quite a few around her. Most, not all wore a mask. It would have been easy to just put the mask on, the second you realise there are quite some people around. Hell, most people have spare masks in their bags and coats. If it was mostly a PR thing, this would have looked good and it’s not as if a mask truly conceals the identity of the wearer.

Reactions: 9
There was definitely social distancing when Kate went and very little mask wearing.

In all honesty I couldn't give a duck whether it was a photo opp or not. She turned up when she didn't have to and it gave a legitimacy to the proceedings. I find it baffling that people can abuse Kate for this. She didn't have police protection until she was 29. She was a woman on London's streets. She knows what it's like to be a woman.

Edit: would also like to add that she appears to be getting destroyed on twitter. There was no way this was ever going to be good PR. It's disturbing to see so many who are in support of women being able to feel safe on their streets abusing another women because she turned up to support the cause.
I have just said something similar on the other thread. Looks like people are bored of shooting at Meghan.

Reactions: 7
Oh no, Buckingham Palace has engaged a law firm to look into the alleged bullying and MM wants to see the evidence - both according to the Daily Fail

Reactions: 4
Oh no, Buckingham Palace has engaged a law firm to look into the alleged bullying and MM wants to see the evidence - both according to the Daily Fail
I think it’s best that they get an outside firm to take over this - neither The Royals or Meghan and Harry will be impartial so trying to make it as unbiased as possible is a good move.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think it’s best that they get an outside firm to take over this - neither The Royals or Meghan and Harry will be impartial so trying to make it as unbiased as possible is a good move.

Exactly.
Three sides to this story
Meghan's truth
The Royal family firm's truth
And
The actual truth without either side's spin on it.

Employing an impartial legal firm to look into it all seems the best way to proceed because it will prevent any undignified tit for tat behaviour as well as find out what really happened.

Reactions: 18
I agree, but it means Meghan will be interviewed by external lawyers. Has-been also, most likely. Ouch.

Reactions: 3
Exactly.
Three sides to this story
Meghan's truth
The Royal family firm's truth
And
The actual truth without either side's spin on it.

Employing an impartial legal firm to look into it all seems the best way to proceed because it will prevent any undignified tit for tat behaviour as well as find out what really happened.
I hope they will look at bullying in general, because there have long been general allegations of bullying of staff, both by other members of the Royal Family and among staff. I doubt it though, as that would be a massive can of worms to open and be far bigger than one ex member of the family who was only there for a few months bullying staff.

Reactions: 4
I think of Sarah Everard who died after being snatched from the street whilst innocently walking home.

Harry and Meghan talk a lot about giving women a voice.
How about speaking up about this, and listening to our voice?

They have no idea about women working on minimum wage, walking home after a shift as a nurse, barmaid, waitress.
Getting off a bus at midnight and having to walk 5 minutes to their house. Cabs hate to take you.
Give them a voice?
Harry, Meghan and Oprah from your big mansions, complaining that the taxpayer will not pay for your security when you choose to leave the UK.

How do expect the Met police to come to California and protect you both. They have family in the UK.

Both extremely entitled.

Go away and never come back.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Would it be possible for Kate to go there without security?
Would she be allowed and if so, would she do it? I didn't spot any security in the video, it seemed like she was walking there quickly on her own.

And was it really filmed by coincidence or was there a tip-off that Kate would be there? I am wondering as she was also filmed walking, not just standing or putting flowers. I feel like journalists would pay less attention to people coming and going and more on the action at the actual place of remembrance.

Reactions: 2
Would it be possible for Kate to go there without security?
Would she be allowed and if so, would she do it? I didn't spot any security in the video, it seemed like she was walking there quickly on her own.

And was it really filmed by coincidence or was there a tip-off that Kate would be there? I am wondering as she was also filmed walking, not just standing or putting flowers. I feel like journalists would pay less attention to people coming and going and more on the action at the actual place of remembrance.
I would think that her security are probably dressed in casual clothes and just try to blend in. I also do think it’s highly likely that someone spotted her there and filmed her. I’m sure the Royals could have arranged an official visit if they wanted to as they have for other events in the past. It was probably a sincere visit.

Reactions: 8
She most certainly would not be left alone at any stage, they have 5-10 security guys at all times, ones that don’t even stand near her but watching.

She most certainly would not be left alone at any stage, they have 5-10 security guys at all times, ones that don’t even stand near her but watching.
Wow, what a life!
The security guards were very discreet, I couldn't make them out in the video at all. But yes, I would have been surprised if she were out and about on her own, especially at such a scene.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.