The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not a fan of Harry and Meghan and I confess that I don't believe everything they say. However, I was on Twitter until 3 am last night telling people that no-one ever has the right to challenge the truth of someone's mental health in this way. Some people may lie (and I am saying this in general), but it is still absolutely unacceptable to a) disbelieve people and b) to use mental illness as a weapon and use it to beat people with.

In 2021 it is unforgivable for people to be abused over mental illness. Every time it seems as though progress has been made, something happens to drag us backwards. Mental illness is the ultimate in its non discriminatory attitude. It does its best to destroy people regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexuality, power and wealth. Anyone saying people who are rich are in some way not allowed to say they are struggling are bigots.

Piers Morgan is a disgusting excuse for an individual. To my horror I have found myself agreeing with him on occasion, but certainly not this. I hope that this can be the catalyst for a review of British media, be they newspapers, magazines, tv presenters or columnists. Mocking Meghan for claiming to suffer from mental health issues is indefensible. The way certain aspects of the press abuse and stalk people is appalling. That they incite hate towards people is frankly criminal. None of these things are 'in the public interest'. A major change needs to take place and standards created and enforced. Racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia etc are not in the public interest. Banning the publication of views like this is not an attack on freedom of speech. It's a mark in the sand for the whole world to see and know that the British have standards of behaviour that must be adhered to and that anyone crossing that line will be punished, however big and powerful they may be.
She went from actress on a cable show, to high profile, new marriage, pregnant, lots of protocol she didn't understand, the culture shock will have been huge. I'd be amazed if she wasn't made unwell by the enormity of it all, all in the public eye. H&M haven't said it that way, loads of blame chucked around, things like the secret wedding already exposed as more exaggeration. What a mess.

The racist conversation, I've been wondering if that was part of one or more conversations William had with Harry at the start. It's clear Harry is not exactly bright or self aware, William probably knew his character flaws... Maybe he was laying everything out to him, have you thought of x y and z. We already know the early conversation they had about Meghan didn't go well, take it slowly etc. Just a thought.

Reactions: 19
Enjoy 😘

Though Susannah "she was different". She is black Susannah 🙄

And I'm a bit annoyed that Alex said William was able to brush it off in regards to Diana dying. That's a harmful thing to say. William has to act this role.
Wow that was epic! I despise piers honestly. Agree with what you say about implying William was able to just brush off his mother’s death, I’m sure it was just as hard for him

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s funny that whenever you go on Twitter to look who is slagging off Meghan and accusing her of ‘using the race card’ its always men aged 40 plus with bald heads, who are overweight and red faced. Usually pro Brexit ‘patriots’. God forbid you should ever call them ‘gammon’ though.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It’s funny that whenever you go on Twitter to look who is slagging off Meghan and accusing her of ‘using the race card’ its always men aged 40 plus with bald heads, who are overweight and red faced. Usually pro Brexit ‘patriots’. God forbid you should ever call them ‘gammon’ though.
It's also the witches with "be kind" profile pictures too, that post "it's OK not to be OK", "I'm here if you need to talk". duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The media are behaving as though racist comments made by members of the BRF are something new. Norman Baker said in an interview this morning that racist comments from the RF have been happening for a long time, , right up to the present day. He quoted the well known one from Princess Margaret about the President of Guyana.
“He’s everything I despise. He’s black, he’s married to a Jew, and furthermore, she’s an American.”
Exactly. Who would have thought that an institution that is cosseted by courtiers and based on superiority of birthright could possibly be racist? I'd be surprised if it was only one person to be honest, and listening to the interview she said there were several conversations over time. This seems to have been glossed over so that one individual can be used as a scapegoat for an entire culture within the Palace.

Reactions: 11
She went from actress on a cable show, to high profile, new marriage, pregnant, lots of protocol she didn't understand, the culture shock will have been huge. I'd be amazed if she wasn't made unwell by the enormity of it all, all in the public eye. H&M haven't said it that way, loads of blame chucked around, things like the secret wedding already exposed as more exaggeration. What a mess.

The racist conversation, I've been wondering if that was part of one or more conversations William had with Harry at the start. It's clear Harry is not exactly bright or self aware, William probably knew his character flaws... Maybe he was laying everything out to him, have you thought of x y and z. We already know the early conversation they had about Meghan didn't go well, take it slowly etc. Just a thought.
I personally think the interview was a big dig at Charles, William and Kate. And I kind of think that's spiteful. Whilst I understand she will have been totally overwhelmed by her new life I just cannot accept that she was a wide eyed innocent going into it. She was an established woman in her 30s who had a career, a previous marriage and her own life. Even if you have no interest in the monarchy, you know what that sort of life entails - loss of privacy, tabloid frenzies and keeping a stiff upper lip. There is so much about their story that just does not ring true.

Reactions: 30
Exactly. Who would have thought that an institution that is cosseted by courtiers and based on superiority of birthright could possibly be racist? I'd be surprised if it was only one person to be honest, and listening to the interview she said there were several conversations over time. This seems to have been glossed over so that one individual can be used as a scapegoat for an entire culture within the Palace.
Any racism within the RF, staff etc is because they are human beings and we are not a particularly tolerant species. I honestly have heard and seen more criticism of Meghan for being an American than for being mixed race. Harry is criticised for a variety of reasons, mostly linked to his notoriously poor decision making.

I appreciate that some people say that attacks on white people, solely for the colour of their skin cannot be described as racism, so I'll call it bigoted, threatening, aggressive, targeted and potentially criminal and there is plenty of that around. One particular gem I saw on Twitter several weeks ago said that white women don't wash their legs in the shower and accompanied horrific abuse of white people. People rage about Meghan being attacked, whilst spewing rage and vitriol, the likes of which are so disturbing as to make Meghan's abuse seem practically insignificant. They go berserk over Meghan whilst literally threatening Kate's life and the lives of other members of the RF.

No-one has the moral high ground here.

Reactions: 7
God, yes. ALWAYS. Exact same people that absolutely lost their tit if you dared to criticise Captain Tom's family. It's so predictably depressing.

Reactions: 8
Wouldn't expect anything more from the government on this, Harry and Meghan are out and their allegations will be brushed under the carpet as a very sad, very public family fall out.
Which unfortunately means that the very serious aspect of all of this will go unchecked, unless the Palace themselves address it. Personally I think the comments regarding skin colour did come from a future king, whether they were made intentionally or not is up for debate. But I cannot see how the royal family can ever speak on the matter, they'll only make it worse. They'll either have to release a statement saying they were saddened by the interview or say Nada.

Reactions: 5
God, yes. ALWAYS. Exact same people that absolutely lost their tit if you dared to criticise Captain Tom's family. It's so predictably depressing.
Yeah, they hate anything that deviates from how they think the world should be. They don’t seem to realise that the British Empire doesn’t exist anymore, that World War 2 is no longer in living memory for most people and that women, gay people and ethnic minorities have a right to be treated with respect. They always claim to be animal lovers as well, but show such venom towards vegans. By animal lovers they mean their own pet dogs and cats but would rather show a cognitive dissonance when it comes to where meat comes from.

Twitter is a cesspit that have given these people a voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You are so wrong. I saw these last night. Lots of black people attacking Meghan for not being black enough, or not black at all. This isn't a new thought process. Lots of black women have always been absolutely disgusting when black men arebin a relationship with a white woman. The abusive 'choc ice' is flung around regularly- dark on the outside, white inside. The abuse black people direct to Asians is horrendous. I've seen this first hand. Many Asians are genuinely dangerous if an Asian is in a relationship with a white person. In all instances, it is SOME, not all. But, white people don't own racism or xenophobia.

Apologies for the terrible editing. The 'he' they are referring to is Malcolm X.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Yeah, they hate anything that deviates from how they think the world should be. They don’t seem to realise that the British Empire doesn’t exist anymore, that World War 2 is no longer in living memory for most people and that women, gay people and ethnic minorities have a right to be treated with respect. They always claim to be animal lovers as well, but show such venom towards vegans. By animal lovers they mean their own pet dogs and cats but would rather show a cognitive dissonance when it comes to where meat comes from.

Twitter is a cesspit that have given these people a voice.

Twitter is getting worse and worse for this kind of thing . It is also a Cesspit for Left wing extremist i use to really enjoy twitter but now it is way too political and people consistently fighting over anyone and everything. I miss the days where people would say they what they had for dinner .

I am not sure why people are so invested in taking sides on this one . I am not convinced any firm member past or present are great people.

You are so wrong. I saw these last night. Lots of black people attacking Meghan for not being black enough, or not black at all.

Apologies for the terrible editing. The 'he' they are referring to is Malcolm X.
Within black communities (from what I’ve seen on all my years online) is that there seems to be a divide between some on not being ‘black enough’ or being mixed race. I think it’s to do with the idea of being ‘white passing’, so lighter skin black people aren’t automatically attacked because there can be a debate about their heritage whereas those with much darker skin tones are unable to escape the racism.

Yes, that’s right, Meghan said that there were concerns and conversations about how dark Archie’s skin might be.
TQ has reigned since 1952, and I think it was 2017 before anyone from an ethnic minority had a senior position in the palace.

Reactions: 4
You are so wrong. I saw these last night. Lots of black people attacking Meghan for not being black enough, or not black at all. This isn't a new thought process. Lots of black women have always been absolutely disgusting when black men arebin a relationship with a white woman. The abusive 'choc ice' is flung around regularly- dark on the outside, white inside. The abuse black people direct to Asians is horrendous. I've seen this first hand. Many Asians are genuinely dangerous if an Asian is in a relationship with a white person. In all instances, it is SOME, not all. But, white people don't own racism or xenophobia.

Of course there is racism in all cultures, and distrust of people who are different from you. However none of them are my Head of State or expect me to curtesy to them if we meet. They are the Heads of the Commonwealth, a majority Back and Asian group of nations. If someone was racist in my presence, I wouldnt speak to them again. If a politician was racist, I wouldnt vote for them. If the Royal Family is racist, I have to suck it up or leave the country, according to some people.

Reactions: 12
Wow that was epic! I despise piers honestly. Agree with what you say about implying William was able to just brush off his mother’s death, I’m sure it was just as hard for him
Totally. He's as much a victim of this whole tit show as Harry. It's really sad.

Screenshot_20210309_132126.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.