The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell, Mind released a statement about Piers Morgan’s treatment of Meghan in the interview.
649D6B2A-7EC5-4C9A-B2B8-F59E859A4DC8.png

I saw this floating around on social media and I really agree with it. Piers Morgan doesn’t align with what ITV says about itself. He needs to face some sort of repercussions for his behaviour.

05D796EB-4D1B-415D-A21B-60A48993F0F6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Did Harry allude to the royals being afraid of the press?
Alex Mentions that yesterday 6-7:30 am was difficult to watch with Piers, does anything have a link to that? What happened?
Yesterday was awful, I tuned in around 7 and he was off on one, nobody could get a word in and he just ranted and ranted whilst Susanna tried to interject. I've only seen clips posted from later in the show.

He spoke dreadfully about her mental health issues, literally called her a liar. It was absolutely vile, Chris Ship eventually called him out on it and he backtracked a little. I can't believe ITV let him away with it, I wonder if he got the Thomas Markle interview which possibly meant he was able to do today's show.

I wouldn't be surprised if ITV lose sponsorships.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Can someone explain why Princess Michael of Kent, is addressed as Princess Michael and not by her own Christian name?
It's because shes married to a Prince. Isnt Kate Princess William as one of her titles so basically misogyny. She is also a vile person and an overt racist. Edit: I mean Pincess Michael not Kate:m:oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Anyone else hoping that the Queen drops an all-guns-blazing statement today? I'd really love her to come out and just say 'oh duck them all, I'm done with this tit'

Kate got a fair amount of grief as William's girlfriend, she also had to put up with a fair amount during their engagement about her being a 'commoner', her mum being an air hostess and apparently all the palace slurs against Carole Middleton (doors-to-manual), her drug-addled uncle...
Kate took it and took it until William knew she would take anything and now shes the ideal Royal Wife. She puts up, shuts up, has babies and dresses up, just like the good little Royal Wife they want. Why is that right? Why is that what young people should accept and pay for going forward? Why is it ' just how it is'?

Piers wlll probably attack Mind calling them woke.
Surely ITV have to reprimand him if he has trashed their Organisation Mission Statement. I bet they wont, because of ratings.

Reactions: 17
No surprise from Piers Morgan about denying Meghan's suicidal feelings and mental health. He was telling people to "man up" a couple of years ago. I think it was referring to Lady gaga, but he was saying that "real" PTSD is only for people who went to wars. He's a tit and it was enjoyable seeing Alex put him in his place.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
No surprise from Piers Morgan about denying Meghan's suicidal feelings and mental health. He was telling people to "man up" a couple of years ago. I think it was referring to Lady gaga, but he was saying that "real" PTSD is for people who went to wars. The man is a joke.
But then its the end of the world when someone called him honey glazed gammon 😭

I wonder if anything will come out today from the RF? I mean I can’t really imagine what they’ll say... but everyone seems to think they’ll be saying something.

Reactions: 8
People watch GMB? It's not even good. Even worse with Piers. The guy thinks he's more special than he is.

Reactions: 4
No surprise from Piers Morgan about denying Meghan's suicidal feelings and mental health. He was telling people to "man up" a couple of years ago. I think it was referring to Lady gaga, but he was saying that "real" PTSD is only for people who went to wars. He's a tit and it was enjoyable seeing Alex put him in his place.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
This whole saga with H&M and the RF is pretty sad really. No family should have their business aired in public during a sit down interview. Doesn't matter if they are joe bloggs family or the royal family, just doesn't seem right.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The fact that Piers Morgan is even on television infuriates me. ITV should be hanging their heads in shame - this has been going on for years and they've done nothing but rub their hands with glee over the ratings. Disgusting.

Reactions: 11
I am not a fan of Harry and Meghan and I confess that I don't believe everything they say. However, I was on Twitter until 3 am last night telling people that no-one ever has the right to challenge the truth of someone's mental health in this way. Some people may lie (and I am saying this in general), but it is still absolutely unacceptable to a) disbelieve people and b) to use mental illness as a weapon and use it to beat people with.

In 2021 it is unforgivable for people to be abused over mental illness. Every time it seems as though progress has been made, something happens to drag us backwards. Mental illness is the ultimate in its non discriminatory attitude. It does its best to destroy people regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexuality, power and wealth. Anyone saying people who are rich are in some way not allowed to say they are struggling are bigots.

Piers Morgan is a disgusting excuse for an individual. To my horror I have found myself agreeing with him on occasion, but certainly not this. I hope that this can be the catalyst for a review of British media, be they newspapers, magazines, tv presenters or columnists. Mocking Meghan for claiming to suffer from mental health issues is indefensible. The way certain aspects of the press abuse and stalk people is appalling. That they incite hate towards people is frankly criminal. None of these things are 'in the public interest'. A major change needs to take place and standards created and enforced. Racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia etc are not in the public interest. Banning the publication of views like this is not an attack on freedom of speech. It's a mark in the sand for the whole world to see and know that the British have standards of behaviour that must be adhered to and that anyone crossing that line will be punished, however big and powerful they may be.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Piers has also attacked Matt Haig in the past which annoyed me because his books have really helped a lot of people.

Reactions: 4
But there has been a lot about race. From when they met, through to them leaving. I'd have been more shocked if it had neve been addressed.
The media are behaving as though racist comments made by members of the BRF are something new. Norman Baker said in an interview this morning that racist comments from the RF have been happening for a long time, , right up to the present day. He quoted the well known one from Princess Margaret about the President of Guyana.
“He’s everything I despise. He’s black, he’s married to a Jew, and furthermore, she’s an American.”

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
ha ha that would be great but I think the statement will be sincer and show sympathy to them both but also throwing some shade at them too.

Did BP release anything after Diana’s interview ?

Anyone else hoping that the Queen drops an all-guns-blazing statement today? I'd really love her to come out and just say 'oh duck them all, I'm done with this tit'

Kate got a fair amount of grief as William's girlfriend, she also had to put up with a fair amount during their engagement about her being a 'commoner', her mum being an air hostess and apparently all the palace slurs against Carole Middleton (doors-to-manual), her drug-addled uncle...

Piers is awful in my opinion. I’m not a massive fan of Meghan and Harry but the way he’s gone on about her because she didn’t keep in touch with him has been embarrassing and really biases everything he says about her. He’s in a position to really analyse and provide good critical debate on this situation but he’s just stormed off and shown himself up as a bully. He keeps having Dr shola on his show and other fairly outspoken guests that he whips up into a shouting match- these extremes just stir up hatred not just discussion it causes divisiveness. Gmb should get rid of the shouty man.

Reactions: 11
The mail last week: nobody will care about this interview

The mail today: literally 25 pages on the interview

🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The mail last week: nobody will care about this interview

The mail today: literally 25 pages on the interview

🤔
Oh the mail will flog this horse carcass for weeks. Them and Piers Morgan are so utterly obsessed - I honestly don't think people would be that bothered if the media weren't whipping everyone into a frenzy.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.