The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could this potentially affect the relationship with the Commonwealth in light of the accusations made about Archie’s skin colour? Whatever the context, which I’m presuming we will never know, it’s just a passing thought.

Reactions: 8
I watched the interview thinking I would walk away team liz! Now I'm not so sure.. I think there's no doubt some things may have been fabricated and there might have been a few dramatics thrown in...but..i think they speak alot of truth too.

No matter what you believe, we must all surely agree that this will harm the Royal family and they'll need to respond with something more a few lines of a written statement?

Ps my money is on Charles and or camilla for telling them to get on with it and the skin tone remarks!

Reactions: 13
I found it odd that she said she never read anything about herself........... and then complained about the story about her making Kate cry.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I found it odd that she said she never read anything about herself........... and then complained about the story about her making Kate cry.
Well other people could have told her? She said herself her friends told her a lot of stuff that was being said. Just cause she didn’t read it personally, doesn’t mean she didn’t know about it.

Reactions: 9
Well other people could have told her? She said herself her friends told her a lot of stuff that was being said. Just cause she didn’t read it personally, doesn’t mean she didn’t know about it.
A bit odd of her friends to tell her stuff when she was deliberately not reading it no?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
After watching this and having some very loose connections which have enabled me to see the Royals in person...what did they really expect? Deference has slowly been dying out but they have never updated their modus operandi and moved with the times. The Queen sticks her head in the sand and hopes for it to blow over and the ‘men in grey suits’ just keep repeating the same mistakes. Thank goodness these two, no matter how much they annoy me, have brought the massive issue that is ‘The Institution’ to the forefront of people’s minds because we need a serious conversation about this Royal Family and if they are needed.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
A bit odd of her friends to tell her stuff when she was deliberately not reading it no?
Not really if they felt it was something important. Fair enough if she’s not reading the general stuff said about her but when a story was literally twisted that much, I’d wanna know!

Reactions: 4
He does he mentioned Prince Philip a lot on GMB today.

Piers conveniently has forgotten about his “poor ill Prince Philip” and how unfair the interview is on him yet as soon as he gets to be the first one to interview Meghan’s father he doesn’t care about Philip anymore 😂

Reactions: 1
Not really if they felt it was something important. Fair enough if she’s not reading the general stuff said about her but when a story was literally twisted that much, I’d wanna know!
Yes, and she also knew nothing about Harry before she met him either. I don't have a dog in this fight, I am ambivalent about the pair but her stories don't add up. She was very active online before Harry - she had her own blog! Sorry but I do not believe her version of events here.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
He does he mentioned Prince Philip a lot on GMB today.
I was aware. My point is he said its selfish, unfair etc doing these interviews when philip is ill however he’s quick to jump at the chance to interview Mr Markle so he’s a bit of a hypocrite isn’t he really.

Reactions: 7
I was aware. My point is he said its selfish, unfair etc doing these interviews when philip is ill however he’s quick to jump at the chance to interview Mr Markle so he’s a bit of a hypocrite isn’t he really.
My hot take is and always has been that the silly arse thought that Meghan was interested in him romantically. If she did contact him out of the blue, yes it looks a bit shady on her part. But he is deluded. He is both physically and emotionally repulsive. He's taken her rejection as a huge slight and will not stop attacking her. Sad, pathetic man with a bruised ego.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The one thing that annoyed me, and I’d love to hear others opinions on this cause it could just be me, is that Oprah asked a lot of leading questions relating to race. For example when they were dating, Harry mentioned something along the lines about there being a lot of interest and Oprah questioned if it was because of race and he said because of who he is, then the question about whether Archie was refused a title because of his race and also when Meghan said she couldn’t make peace with the toxic atmosphere and Oprah questioned if it was because of race. I fully believe racism paid a very big part but the way Oprah asked these questions, it almost made me feel like she was forcing the word into their answers. I’m not familiar with her interviewing style so I’m not sure if this is how she always talks to people but I just kept noticing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Can you not slander the whole of the British population please, i refuse to be called a racist when I’m not one. I will not be put under that umbrella just because I don’t agree with a manipulative narcissist and her spoilt brat of a husband. I didn’t care for much of Trumps’ racism or the shame he brought to America but I wouldn’t tar every single American as a racist. Engage your brain before generalising with your offensive words.
The thing is we do have an issue in this country. It's uncomfortable to have to think about it and it means some tough conversations but it is a privilege to be able to say its not my problem. I like to think I'm someone who isnt discriminative and would hate to be thought of as racist etc but I do accept we have a racism issue in this country and the best thing we can do is get discussions going about it. I don't mean this specifically at you but definately in general.

Reactions: 22
My hot take is and always has been that the silly arse thought that Meghan was interested in him romantically. If she did contact him out of the blue, yes it looks a bit shady on her part. But he is deluded. He is both physically and emotionally repulsive. He's taken her rejection as a huge slight and will not stop attacking her. Sad, pathetic man with a bruised ego.
Didn't someone give her his details, as she was looking to expand her career and he is a man with a lot of contacts? I reckon Meghan saw it as a work networking opportunity and he had other, more 'romantic'/sexual ideas; she realised that and ghosted him. He certainly acts like a man scorned.

Reactions: 13
The one thing that annoyed me, and I’d love to hear others opinions on this cause it could just be me, is that Oprah asked a lot of leading questions relating to race. For example when they were dating, Harry mentioned something along the lines about there being a lot of interest and Oprah questioned if it was because of race and he said because of who he is, then the question about whether Archie was refused a title because of his race and also when Meghan said she couldn’t make peace with the toxic atmosphere and Oprah questioned if it was because of race. I fully believe racism paid a very big part but the way Oprah asked these questions, it almost made me feel like she was forcing the word into their answers. I’m not familiar with her interviewing style so I’m not sure if this is how she always talks to people but I just kept noticing it.
But there has been a lot about race. From when they met, through to them leaving. I'd have been more shocked if it had neve been addressed.

Reactions: 5
Didn't someone give her his details, as she was looking to expand her career and he is a man with a lot of contacts? I reckon Meghan saw it as a work networking opportunity and he had other, more 'romantic'/sexual ideas; she realised that and ghosted him. He certainly acts like a man scorned.
Yeah, pretty much. Tale as old as time. Woman is networking, man thinks she's interested. Piers Morgan needs a mirror and a reality check.

The thing is we do have an issue in this country. It's uncomfortable to have to think about it and it means some tough conversations but it is a privilege to be able to say its not my problem. I like to think I'm someone who isnt discriminative and would hate to be thought of as racist etc but I do accept we have a racism issue in this country and the best thing we can do is get discussions going about it. I don't mean this specifically at you but definately in general.
My mum is from the Caribbean and I have never said anything remotely racist here so I'm a bit shocked you think that poster's accusation has relevance?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can you not slander the whole of the British population please, i refuse to be called a racist when I’m not one. I will not be put under that umbrella just because I don’t agree with a manipulative narcissist and her spoilt brat of a husband. I didn’t care for much of Trumps’ racism or the shame he brought to America but I wouldn’t tar every single American as a racist. Engage your brain before generalising with your offensive words.
Quite. Thank you 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
But there has been a lot about race. From when they met, through to them leaving. I'd have been more shocked if it had neve been addressed.
Oh no, don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it was addressed, but it was just the way when there was a pause in their answers Oprah offered ‘race?’. But the more I think about it the more I feel that maybe she was giving them an opportunity to vocalise what they wanted to say? I don’t know, I’m not making much sense, I apologise!

I really wish he faced some consequences because the way he’s behaving isn’t professional and it’s creepy. Surely his behaviour goes against some form of guidelines?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.