Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
My hot take on it all is she’s decided she’s had enough and wanted to leave, has consulted a private lawyer and been ready to swing the axe at the time KC has been going in to get his prostate checked. The palace has wanted to buy some time to see that through to avoid a media shit storm (lol) so they’ve released a statement that allows her to be absent from public duty. KC’s then been told he’s got cancer and it could be terminal or life limiting so they are managing things behind the scene to prevent the very near future King from going through a public divorce when he’s ascending the throne.

There’s just something completely off about all of it and I can’t put my finger on exactly what. Williams behaviour has been unusual as well.

or I could just be talking shit 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Yes, all be it light office work! I went in as they were short staffed. I hate doing nothing. Drives me insane. I never breast fed so it wasn’t a huge disruption to the baby routine! And it was only a few hours for a few weeks! When I had my section I was in for the standard 4 days. My niece was out the following day. We as a society have adapted to operations. We don’t need so much time to recover. My friend had a hysterectomy last year, out the following day. Yet my mom was in for 12 days with hers, that was around ten years ago! I think women are incredibly resilient, the majority of us will just get on with it especially if it’s not our first child! In fact we are encouraged to get up and about and not sit around! That leads to the possibility of clots! If it were a man going through it, well 😂
Absolute nonsense. I had a hysterectomy recently and spent 2 weeks in hospital. I was also signed off work for 12 weeks.
I was in for 6 days after my c section.
I was up and about but in hospital.all the same.
Everyone's surgery is different and recovery times will differ. Her recovery period and hospitalisation was on a par with mine. No one wants to be in hospital for any longer than they need to be.
I know of women having vaginal hysterectomies and being fine in a few weeks. Full abdominal hysterectomy is much more invasive and major

• Haha

Lammington

VIP Member
Genuine query for those on board with the theory that it's to hide a divorce - how would any of this help, and what do you think the end goal would be?
I mean, if you think she's not playing ball with spin, why would she hide away rather than walking or making her own statement? If the point was to bide time, how would gaining worldwide attention to her not being in attendance buy any time? What, they come to the timeframe they indicated she's back to it and announce that William's divorcing the wife they just announced went through surgery? How would that help anyone but her in the PR stakes?

If they were splitting, surely her quietly not attending a few things and then an announcement would be more likely.

• Heart

starfro

It's definitely photoshopped. Probably just to make the photo nicer, rather than any conspiracy.

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
I’d rather appear looking a bit puffy than have my children put up with endless speculation of their dad having an affair or being murderer .

• Heart

TheStrawberryThief

I don't think PA and Reuters would do this, they're global agencies, the UK is such a tiny part of their operations and market. I genuinely think it's more about, they don't want to be seen to be accepting such obviously manipulated pics.
I meant more the UK press. I am in the gym at the moment, there are 3 different news channels on big TVs and it has been all over all 3 of them.

I just feel a bit uncomfortable about the demand to know private medical information about someone. I understand people wanting to know that someone is okay, but I have literally seen people on reddit say ' we pay for her so we deserve to know', and I find that a bit creepy.

Reactions: 22

hannah123

VIP Member

A huge amount of control over the British press.
I love the idea that someone wanting to have some privacy is them having control of the press. If a celebrity had surgery and the press found out and leaked all the details people would say it’s wrong and it’d have legal ramifications.

The same people that say how bad the press treatment of Diana was and praising Harry for winning his phone hacking case are the same people wanting a play by play update of Kate’s recovery.

American press being allowed to print what ever they want isn’t a good thing, it means they’re nosey bastards with no consequences for their actions.
---
I think a lot of people like Eugenie (because she didn’t hop on a plane and visit Harry) so I’d say it’s probably thought of as untrue. I actually didn’t know he was supposed to have cheated so god knows if it is true.
I thought a lot of people didn’t like her? She gives me same vibes as her dad, thinks she’s better than her position and has a problem with hierarchy above her but no problem with it below her. Her sister seems the nicer of the two.

gummy-bear

VIP Member
I genuinely don’t understand how it’s fishy? She had surgery and is most likely on steroids so she’s puffy and doesn’t want to be ripped to shreds by the press and twats on Twitter for her appearance.
Yes but she’s also in parallel claiming that she isn’t with this apparently recent photograph of her and the kids.
I actually totally respect the fact that she’s been unwell and probably doesn’t want to show people how she currently looks - we know she’s into fashion, most likely has extensions, most likely has had Botox and other aesthetics so clearly takes pride in her appearance (like a lot of us!) the fishy part of all of it is that for whatever reason they are trying to make out that everything is absolutely hunky dory with her (and him) by posting an edited / photoshopped photograph which is hotly debated to even have been taken in the timeframe they are claiming. It is bizarre. I don’t think it’s a mad conspiracy but I think they should fire everyone working in their public relations team.

DimpleFace

The biggest issue is that all the rumours could have been put to bed months ago with a simple video or picture of her.

She has been photographed in a car last week, so she is obviously able to walk and move around - why not issue a quick video of Kate wishing her supporters well for their good wishes. That’s also what the palace typically do after an illness. So she’s either not willing to participate in royal PR which speaks volumes or something else is up.

mrskers

The more I look at the picture, the more it seems her head is very out of proportion to the rest of the body too. It’s all so weird, none of it makes sense. It really doesn’t look like her at all.

• Heart

Resting Rage Face

Willy should have married Katie Price. There'd have been no issues whatsoever with parading around on camera straight after surgery 😆

• Haha

elliebee27

VIP Member
William cheated repeatedly when they were dating, looking for someone else. They broke up how many times? 3? 4? Kate told Chelsy Davy it comes with the territory.

Cheating now wouldn’t be a shock.

Kate knows the score. She’s got the upper hand.

• Angry

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I’m getting in here before all the “That’s an old photo” and “it looks more like Pippa to me!” comments on Twitter 😜

KP have said it was a photo taken last week by Prince William so obviously the conspiracy nutters are off ...

So far I've seen 'it's an old photo' , 'how has Charlotte's hair grown so much since Christmas?' , 'why are there leaves on the bush behind them?' ... honestly it is mental.

She looks great and the photo is lovely. I reckon she'll be back at the Easter Church walk.

Jeeen22

Chatty Member
I can’t understand why no one would notice the mistakes in the picture before it was sent out

Lammington

VIP Member
I will give AP some credit - while I don't think the statement has helped the absurd theories people want to make up, there should be journalistic standards that are held for the (non-tabloid, let's be real here) press.
I think of the royal snaps the same way I think of people's wedding photos or selfies of influencers - there will be photoshopping to ensure everyone looks their best. If that fails to meet a standard I would hope has been put in place to avoid propaganda images in news outlets, that's probably about right.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
HMTQ had her fair share of criticism, calls for abolishing the monarchy, speculation about her own marriage and the fall out from C&D drama. Her „service“ was not so much in what she did but rather that she endured for so many decades. In a world with constantly changing problems, toms of new governments she was a fixture and that gives people a feeling of comfort. And when she reached OLD AF age people expressed their respect for her staying on the job. She could have stepped back. While it’s not tradition there was nothing forcing her. There are mechanisms when the Crown moves on. But she endured and that’s what people admired. Even if her performance wasn’t 100% anymore (was it ever?). The same pattern happened with Queen Victoria.
This is hardly a big scandal for the RF but rather proof that humanity hasn’t evolved for a long time and is still prone to mass hysteria and conspiracy theories. Nothing new though. It’s just a modern day witch hunt (just an example. You can easily find similar.).

Just came on here to say Jesus wept, issuing a statement about “shonky” editing?
I don’t know what the hell is going on with Kate right now but my gut reaction to all of this is just leave her be to get on and do things her way.
I totally get all the speculation but leaping on and dissecting a Mother’s Day photo? FML.

• Haha