Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neroli

VIP Member
Now Charles has left hospital, walked out the front door with a wave. It all feels a bit like a deflection to me.

I really hope Kate is okay because all the secrecy has made it seem like she’s very seriously ill.
If she is seriously ill do you think the press would comment or back off?

peradetlic

VIP Member
Charles was actually about 4 when his mother became Queen and so he actually became eligible to become the Prince of Wales although he was 21 when his official investiture took place so he was very young when he first took the Duchy on. William, on the other hand was about 39 when he became the Prince of Wales, therby inheriting the Duchy, so had a lot more time than his father to get experience, I think.
But not hands on. I suppose that he had some economy lessons. When Charls got the Duchy it wasn't developed as it is now. He built it over 50 yrs, branching in different directions.
---
But then if you were being primed from birth to take over, it wouldn’t come as a surprise would it? Surely you would have taken an interest and could step up pretty seemlessly. it was only the longevity of his grandmother that meant he didn’t have to take over 10 or even 20 years earlier. Getting to 40 and having your birthright come as a shock isn’t a good look.
As far as I understand the Firm, you work as much as you're given. Till Covid, Charles and William weren't close, I think that I read somewhere that they barely speak. William was closer with the late Queen. Also, Chuck doesn't seem as a person who like to share. He also had a big load of duties so there is a question of timing.

Last edited:

CarrierPigeon

VIP Member
I think you missed my point. My original post that the person was replying to I said “cancer is always bad” because having cancer is always bad. I’ve had multiple family members have cancer and I think it’s a bit ridiculous to suggest it isn’t anything other than bad to get cancer.

I was then saying exactly the same thing as you? Ie the general perception is that it’s always the worst and that isn’t the case, and the adverts don’t help because they also present it like it?
Ah ok. Maybe you just worded it badly then.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Just seen something come up on my You Tube from someone called H G Tudor with 22k clicks in 3 hours saying "Archie in Hospital".
I didn't click on it but wondered if it was Meghan trying to get attention 🤔
I clicked on one of the comments that is similar to the general -
"In the unlikely event that Archie is actually ill enough to be in hospital, I wish the poor love a swift recovery. However, it sounds a lot LIKE UTTER BULLSHIT."

sternchen275

VIP Member
So Harry wasn’t invited to hop on the helicopter or didn’t want to, after seen your dad not for around 10 months or so 45 minutes are not a long time

wonder if he‘s on a flight straight out or heading to Windsor for a chance to drop in on kate & William

neroli

VIP Member
Angela Levin is trending on Twitter. She’s a disgrace and she’s a bitter, twisted old bag. But it is quite funny how the Kate stans are lining up to take a pop at her, but when it’s anything about Harry, they are so eager to believe it and share it, convinced she’s in the know. She knows as much as Lady C - which is bugger all!
Let’s face it, whatever Kates health issues are William isn’t sat at home cooking chicken nuggets and chips for his kids. He’s not mopping up a soaking wet floor after he’s showered the 3 of them. Or lining up the uniform for tomorrow. I genuinely hope Kate is in good health and it’s nothing to serious but I think it’s all a bit much to suggest he’s juggling home life and Kate is busy with paperwork while she’s waiting for the tea trolley! When I collected my kids from school today it was one of the topics that popped up and the general consensus is The Royals are patronising the public with these headlines.
To be fair there has been just the one official announcement from KP re Kate...The rest of the headlines are pure speculation from the media/ "close sources".
---
Angela Levin is trending on Twitter. She’s a disgrace and she’s a bitter, twisted old bag. But it is quite funny how the Kate stans are lining up to take a pop at her, but when it’s anything about Harry, they are so eager to believe it and share it, convinced she’s in the know. She knows as much as Lady C - which is bugger all!
Let’s face it, whatever Kates health issues are William isn’t sat at home cooking chicken nuggets and chips for his kids. He’s not mopping up a soaking wet floor after he’s showered the 3 of them. Or lining up the uniform for tomorrow. I genuinely hope Kate is in good health and it’s nothing to serious but I think it’s all a bit much to suggest he’s juggling home life and Kate is busy with paperwork while she’s waiting for the tea trolley! When I collected my kids from school today it was one of the topics that popped up and the general consensus is The Royals are patronising the public with these headlines.
To be fair there has been just the one official announcement from KP re Kate...The rest of the headlines are pure speculation from the media/ "close sources".

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
If they’re now this slimmed down institution where does that leave the family members such as Princess Micheal of Kent? Do they do any royal duties? Could they not fill in for Charles & Kate or are they not on the working royal rota? I know they’re getting on a bit now but surely they contribute in some way?

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I think it’s an image thing. They are building this saint-like profile around her, so it could be a very simple procedure but something that could shake that image… maybe a vaginoplasty? She had three natural deliveries, she is also a bit of a sportswoman, things may be a bit lose down there. Just imagine the comments about their sex lives? Or, getting a bit wilder here, a liver transplant? Just imagine people dragging back all those pictures where she used to look sad and wonder if she developed a drinking problem? I think it’s something that could damage her sainthood.
I’ve never seen any pictures of her looking sad?
---
Charles doesn’t look well ☹

Last edited: