Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Yet still they cling on to their titles. I’d think more of them if they didn't use them seeing as they appear to despise the institution they came from. Trash the family but make cash from the titles. Pretty hypocritical.

Reactions: 15

jkroche95

VIP Member
Charles Spencer doesn't seem to be on good terms with some of his children so i'm not sure how much effort he'd make with his nephews.
Charles didn't go to two of his daughter's weddings.

• Wow

Pinklobster

Maybe taking government/ poor dead people's money which could be funnelled into projects like this?

Makes me cringe when I see them do "were just like you!" stuff like this!
I agree….i think they should stay in their palaces counting all their gold and laughing at the peasants. I mean, the audacity of knowing you live an extremely privileged life but choosing to raise awareness for some amazing charities who support those who don’t….its disgusting 😂😂

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
ITV and the mirror have named them, I presume the rest will follow. I wonder if the palace have okayed it and just thought oh let’s get it over with? Seems strange that they would all suddenly start doing it at the same time.

I do think how it’s come out has been quite useful for the royals, it’s certainly lost it’s impact and is hardly breaking news anymore, which it would have been had one of the papers got the original scoop.
It’s also removed Harry and Meghan’s trump card.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Why are we just going over the same old h&m topic the past few days? So tiresome
Because this is the Royal Family thread and they’re part of it 🤷‍♀️

Scroll past if you’re not happy with who is being discussed.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
There's been too much confusion over the racism allegation and they've lost all credibility.
That’s the problem - it was one person, then it was two and now it’s Charles. If a Royal has said something racist then the public needs to know but this changing stances and being coy about who said it had made it into a soap opera instead of a serious allegation which needs to be looked into.
---
Errrrr so what exactly would this mean if we were to believe that’s how it happened? Charles said something with no bad intent whatsoever and when he realised something was received badly he apologised. That’s exactly what you would expect. So nothing to complain about.
I do think chances are 50/50 that BP will comment on it. More interestingly will be if H&M will distance themselves from this excerpt publicly. They already denied any involvement. If they plan on getting back into good graces with Charles (and his wife) who might not last another 20 years and his brother who will be in charge that’s not exactly helping. I am thinking long term: inheritance, family functions, being on the wrong side of a complete re-work of the royal title system….
If this plays out wrong (which I don’t think it will), Charles could abdicate, and King Wiliam will not be as willing to leave the door open. Especially if he gets to be in charge sooner than later, when the anger and hurt is fresh.
This is like the Christmas special 🍿🍿🍿
I think only Harry would ever want to get back into their good graces and I have the feeling that if him and Meghan were to divorce he’s go running to William and Charles blaming Meghan for everything. He doesn’t have any accountability and acts like a child.

Reactions: 14

Multi-21

VIP Member
If William was that drunk in his wedding day I think it would have been a bit more obvious to the millions who watched the ceremony.
As I said earlier, Harry is known to be prone to exaggeration so I don’t think we can take his sole word for it
Maybe his breath smelt because he hadn’t brushed his teeth when Harry showed up but he was certainly smart enough to get through a nerve wracking day without stumbling around and looking like he’d rather be elsewhere

Blurp

VIP Member

Imagine driving past and just spotting William hugging some random woman with a fake horse 😂

(also this is such a good cause)
Things have definitely changed from QE's days, and not just the dress code. It's William that goes in for the hug first. Interestingly, although everyone remembers Diana as being touchy feely, Charles is too, if a bit less obviously. If you watch him talking to someone, he reaches out to touch their arm and ruffles the hair on children. Camilla too is happy to go into a hug if a child reaches out.

I can't imagine QE or PPhilip going in for a hug or a selfie.

• Heart

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Zara’s not a working royal how did that news escape me🙄 - In the future the younger( non working royals ) might be needed to do engagements- Yorks have titles - I’d like to see get Zara , Promoted- ( titled - if you need me to spell it out) hope that clears it up for you…..

I thought their christmas card was understated on purpose - the King and Queen’s first card since coronation is very fancy in their robes and crowns.
Zara will never be a working royal. She has no title, she's way down the LOS and she has her own career. Her parents already turned down a title on her behalf so I can't see that happening either. Charles or William are hardly just going to confer a title on Mike Tindall - it would draw too much criticism. Anyway I think Zara and Mike like the setup they have at the moment. They get the royal association but have more privacy and freedom.

cee-bee

VIP Member
Think of the PR which goes into creating "celebrities"...I think it's refreshing to have a future Queen who has no intention of rocking the now precarious Royal boat. She comes across well in my opinion. We don't need to know what she's like in private
don’t we? Don’t you wana know if the people representing the country on an international stage, are awful? Shouldn’t there be some sort of standard?

I don’t think it’s any big PR move on Kate’s part. I think she’s just a very bland person. She’s never done anything exciting in her life, including before she married William. Even in spare, the main thing of note Harry had to say about her was that she “liked fashion”.

the woman likes shopping for pretty clothes and getting blowouts and chilling at home. It’s what she did the entire time she was dating William. It’s what she does mostly now. She’s shown us her personality, it’s bland and insipid. White bread. Unassuming, Inoffensive and palatable to the masses.

it’s not that she’s taking this approach as a reaction to her role, but rather she was chosen by William precisely because a bland Unassuming personality is the only type that works for the archaic role of Princess of wales.

• Sad
  • Angry
Catherine the second royal racist? I'm sorry but I don't see it. Sounds like a smear.

Clearly Scobie is getting his information from Marcus Anderson (his ex and Meghans best friend) and other surrounding friends of Meghan. It may be 2 people removed from H+M but it sure smells like them.

• Heart

Honeystar

VIP Member
Omid knows he is in way too over his head and he’s got a huge issue now. He’s either going to get sued by one of the biggest institutions in the world or he’s going to find it increasingly hard to find work because no credible publication or channel will risk having him on in case another stunt like this is pulled and they find themselves in their own law suit

wkdlass

If Lady Louise meets her future husband at uni (like a lot of people do), will it be decided his Mother had engineered it?

• Haha

cee-bee

VIP Member
Apart from the tabloid sting she fell victim to 😉
she learned her lesson from that and keeps her head down! Out of all of them, Sophie seems the warmest and kindest though. she’s like the older, capable woman at work who is no nonsense but is the first to notice when someone is feeling low or going through something and suggest they take the afternoon off
---
Certain tabloids did criticise Meghan in a totally ridiculous fashion. There was a side by side comparison of Kate and Meghan coverage showing Meghan getting slated for doing or wearing things that Kate was praised for. No doubt though the pendulum would have swung the other way at some point. Many people think that Kate (and William) is lazy but there's no longer anyone to big up and compare so she seems to be getting away with it in the media at the moment.
that was a buzzfeed article which, at first inspection looks like insanely unfair treatment.

It’s an oft-quoted article which seems to encapsulate the double standard applied to Meghan. It’s the type of “gotcha” journalism which is low brow and unintelligent though.

It doesn’t really think through, just superficially compares headlines. Plus it contributes to the problem of Kate V meghan. In Spare, Harry pretty much references this same article, while simultaneously complaining about how Meghan and Kate were pitted against each other.

it’s also comparing press coverage with Meghan over a year or so compared to Kate’s press coverage across a decade. And the comparisons don’t bear much scrutiny. If someone wanted to check every single article written about Kate, the negative and critical ones would far outnumber meghans.

for example, the first one references Kate cradling her bump. The Meghan article asks if it’s a new age thing. The daily Mail have form for making subtle, indirect criticisms for sure. But it draws from the reality that Meghan was seen constantly holding her bump, drawing attention to it and angle it towards the camera. It’s not especially toxic behaviour but it’s very Hollywood, disingenuous and it’s not what’s expected from a monarchy. Meghan was using her pregnancy to garner sympathy, positive press for herself instead of just embracing the role out of genuine altruism. People just didn’t like that.

the article linking avocados with poverty and deforestation was ridiculous. But the stories bear very little similarity. William was gifted one, then there’s an article making obscure links with meghan eating them. The comparison doesn’t really hold and the article is so ridiculous it is barely worth noticing (but again, Harry brings it up in Spare)

conparing William and Kate setting up a company to protect their trademark v the sussexes… doesn’t hold up to the test of time. Because we now know H&M had most likely been planning to leave the royal family from early 2019, and setting up companies for trademarking their titles was a step towards monetising them. Kate and Wills - to my knowledge - have not done this. The actions were the same but the motives were not. I suspect the daily Mail probably had an inkling that this is what the sussexes were intending (to monetise their brand) from pretty early on.

the comparison between William and Kate being encouraging about talking about emotions vs meghan and Harry airing their grievances publicly isn’t a fair comparison at all. Neither have anything in common. Airing dirty laundry and complaining to reporters isn’t the same as having healthy conversations in trust.

etc etc etc.

When you go through the comparisons, a lot are either plain ridiculous or don’t stand up to much scrutiny at all. And none of these articles are particularly vicious or hugely critical. Critiquing meghans choice of flowers for her bridesmaids (while also pointing out others used them) is more ridiculous and silly than personal and scathing. Hardly the vicious mob Harry portrays.

if the sussexes weren’t so obsessed (and competitive) with the reporting on them, they’d have laughed that crap off and gotten on with their lives. But they are a couple obsessed with branding and personal image. They badly want to be seen as good and best, without actually trying to be fundamentally good or the best.

Last edited:

hannah123

VIP Member
It must be difficult for William and Harry because you don’t want to blame your mum, but the thought must have gone through their head once of wishing she’d worn a seat belt, or thinking she was stupid for not putting it on. She had 2 kids and got in a car with a drunk driver without wearing a seat belt, it’d be difficult to push away the feelings she was being stupid and selfish. It’s one of those stories where you just think god what a waste of a life from such a reckless decision.

cee-bee

VIP Member
Then Harry told Tom Bradby nobody ever said anyone in the family was racist!

Even Bradby, their cheerleader, looked confused.
tHe mEDiA mIsQuOtEd uS

he’s living on a different planet to the rest of us, and can’t accept that 1. His wife willingly lies and misrepresents the truth and 2. She was willing to throw his family under the bus as part of her quest for attention and praise.

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
Well I ❤ William and Kate!

Never liked Diana, never liked Harry. Couldn’t stand Meghan!

I also like Camilla. Both her and Kate never explain and don’t complain just like the Queen.
I'm in the same camp as you! William and Catherine will make an amazing King and Queen

Honeystar

VIP Member
It would also make sense why Kate was apparently the one who pushed for the “recollections may vary” line because she was probably sat their thinking wtf that is not how it went down

stardust21

VIP Member
IMG_2003.jpeg

I genuinely can’t believe how much of a glow up this woman has had. She looks so good!

Red is definitely her colour.