Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
A friend of mine has a daughter who knows Lady Louise from school. Apparently she is going to be a working royal after St Andrews. I think this is an excellent idea. Not sure how the York princesses see it…
She would be a lovely addition to the working royals
---
I don’t think you understand the position that royal family are in though.

sure, most of us wouldn’t give a crap about the in-laws and their projects/events. We’d maybe not bother to attend and shrug it off. Or we’d go to keep the peace.

but it’s not like that within the royal family.

1. they’ve been brought up and conditioned to venerate the monarchy and the monarch. Not the individual, but the office itself. They’ve been conditioned to want to stay as close to it as possible. It’s the source of their individual identity, their wealth and their status. If they decide not to bother to turn up to these events, they risk becoming irrelevant, or forgotten. They risk being pulled away furthur from the monarch. That’s something theyve been conditioned to see as unacceptable.

2. putting on a united front isn’t just for appearances sake. It’s a matter of security, safety and protection for them as a family.

in the past 100 years, monarchies that existed for centuries were ended. Sometimes violently. They’ve been made redundant, they’ve been banished. The royal family are walking on very thin ice. They can’t afford to not be the ideal, because that’s the only real way they are relevant now, amidst a torrent of reasons they are no longer viable.
I understand completely but I think some of them are trying to stay relevant / maintain or show their royal connection - and are entitled to do so.

Last edited:

cee-bee

VIP Member
We must run in very different circles but it’s not that uncommon where I’m from for the groom to go out on the lash the night before the wedding.
we must do. All of the grooms I’ve known have been good friends and/or good friends of my partner.

not one ever got drunk the night before, or drunk the morning of to the extent someone claimed they reeked of booze.

a drink or two to ease the nerves, sure.

but reeking of booze and a night on the lash the night before? I couldn’t imagine anything more disrespectful.

a wedding day is one of the biggest life events a person can have. It’s supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life. It’s a solemn vow before friends and family. I can’t imagine how disrespectful it would feel, to have your fiancé rock up drunk and stinking of alcohol.

all the grooms I’ve known have been emotional and in love and very happy to be getting married though.

if I walked up to the Walter and my other half was hungover and smelled bad, I’d be so hurt. I’d honestly question if he wanted the marriage at all. I’d feel a little humiliated that he couldn’t hold it together.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
what’s the point though? She seems like a nice, relatively quiet girl. What will she really add? Why do we need them to add more “working members” to the ranks?

surely she’d be better at following some sort of career path? She’s studying English at one of the best universities in the world. so, presumbably could be interested in education, or writing, or journalism.

she’s never used HRH titles at the decision of her parents, who have previously acknowledged it’s unlikely she’ll ever be a working royal and who have apparently encouraged her to find work.
She was very close to Philip and the Queen so maybe she will be interested in being a working royal? Sophie said this.

Attachments

wkdlass

New thread here ⬇

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Those bangs or ultra short layers in the front of her face are truly dreadful. A really terrible haircut for such lovely hair.
I agree - she has great hair and I think it looks best when it is shorter or straight. I wonder what she’d look like with a full fringe

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Of course they were involved, even the one excerpt that’s been released has the intricate details of a private conversation between Meghan and Harry… I’m not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch but Scobie did jet off first class to California earlier this year that’s all I’m saying…

His book also states that he has spoken to “family members” I mean, WHO would ever speak to him?
Eugenie?