Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
Caring empathetic soft human Meghan who had systematically fell out with every relation and friend she’s ever had…………at some point it’s not everyone else, it’s you.
But she didn’t - she has plenty of friends and the doco features her niece who she’s close with. It’s simply false to say she fell out with every friend and relation.

why not just stick to real things to criticise? I’m sure you can find plenty.

Personally, I liked the doco. The focus on the British media was interesting and I hope that’s the direction they push on in for the next episodes. A few moments were a bit corny, but it’s better than I thought it was going to be. I see why they made it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Yeah I meant the relationship between Harry and William is going to be non existent. I highly doubt their children will ever know each other properly either. They will all be estranged after this (although I think they already are estranged anyways).
I wonder if they'll stop pretending that it's all alright and just not invite them to the coronation. Much loved family members isn't very plausible anymore.
I think William is done with Harry but it must be harder for Charles as a parent to cut ties entirely.

• Heart

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Savannah, like Zara, although not traditional names are at least both visually and audially pleasing, unlike Beatrice and esp Eugenie. But I get that you’re trying to follow Her Maj’s train of thought after she’d vetoed Anabelle and allowed the others.

I actually think Lily/i would have been a much prettier name without the -bet too.
I think Lilibet is a horrible name too! Why call her such an ugly name knowing it would cause ructions then call her Lilli? Lilibet is a stupid name for an adult, and there are so many variations of Elizabeth they could have used! However, I don't think it was the ultimate insult to The Queen by 'taking the one thing that the richest woman in the world has for herself' or whatever the tabloids narrative was.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I think I remember reading something about the Nazi uniform thing that William had egged him on to wear it and had then left him to take the flak. I think it may generally be that the press were given stories about Harry in order to protect William.
I think it’s pretty well known from various biographies of staff that they could go months without talking … I wouldn’t be surprised it the close brothers thing was as much a PR/media construct as anything else

• Wow

coconochanel

VIP Member
If they have something to say stop beating about the bush and come out with it FFS! and is she talking about the press when she says she was fed to the wolves? get a grip woman!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
So within the space of a couple of posts we are now unable to use the words 'thug' and 'niggling'. Two words in common parlance. I'll carry on using them thanks. :rolleyes:
I don’t think it’s a case of don’t use them, is it? just for one be mindful of the context and for the other an acceptance that while it’s not the root or meaning of the word that in the context of that headline, it was used in such a way to elicit a response. Why Was it used in that headline in the way it was? What about someone’s engagement could ‘niggle’ anyone let alone a tabloid paper? Why not use something like ‘bother’ same meaning, same number of letters?
That was my take, anyway.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jen667

VIP Member
For a little bit. They said HG then backed off and just said it was acute morning sickness. HG doesn't abate through-out the pregnancy. It is horrendous.
I don't doubt her on that one. I think she did have it, as it forced them into announcing the pregnancy when she was only about 7 weeks

Multi-21

VIP Member
For someone who is so empathetic, caring and warm why does Meghan seem to say she can’t wrap her head around people behaving differently to how she does? I wouldn’t throw my arms around a siblings new partner at the first meeting, it’s not that odd and she should respect Kate & Will’s boundary on that, not being implying it’s terrible and unwelcoming and didn’t make her feel good.

I’m sure members of the royal family can wear the same colour. I’ve seen them wear shades of blue to the same event. Ok so the Queen always stood out and you couldn’t wear that colour. But equally you could find out what colour they were planning surely. They’re not stood in front of their wardrobe on the morning trying to decide what to pick to wear.

That Liz Jones wearing white article is utter tripe. Meghan was at work in those images, not feeding the chickens, walking the dogs or about to get toddler paint splattered on her. It’s stupid stuff like that which feeds into their narrative of the press treat Meghan differently to Kate and she can never do any right in their eyes.

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
Just up on the daily fail! I think her make up is highlighting it even more too 😑
Her makeup always looks awful imo. Her eye makeup is too heavy and makes her eyes look smaller, and her blusher makes her look like shes been backhanded.

For her wedding she did it herself and was praised her for being relatable. I think it's ridiculous, your marrying a future head of state and your wedding day is being watched by millions around the world, now is not the time to practise what you learnt at the bobbi brown counter at Peter Jones

• Haha

elliebee27

VIP Member
They really should do what the Swedes do - nice photos that are festive or videos with the children baking cookies or decorating the tree. It's such a sterile photo.

• Sad

Miranda13

I would assume you also wouldn’t keep pushing for answers if the person you were talking to was unwilling to answer?

That seems to be what is actually at the heart of it all … the persistence in the face of reluctance in what was … or should have been … nothing more than a bit of putting at ease social chit chat.
She asked 7 times!

For me its the 'but where are your people from' that is the rudest. Who asks that sort of question?

Though has been said before, why is anyone surprised that someone who is part of the 'aristocracy' who believe themselves to be superior to the ordinary person (regardless of colour) should be so arrogant to this lady?

Age is no excuse, most people have learnt basic manners by 83.

If King Charles wants the monarchy to continue he really should dump all the out of touch hangers on and employ those that can relate to ordinary people.

Not impressed by the media ratching up support for Hussey, her behaviour was totally unacceptable. Not just racist but rude too.

• Sick

Popcorn&Peanuts

you have to wonder why she ditches all of her family, friends and spouse's family. Are they the problem or is she?

She literally hasn't though. Off the top of my head, she is still friends with people she met in high school, NWU, the Suits cast, her niece, Eugenie and Jack, Harry's friends (Nacho and his wife for eg) and those are just some examples of 'family, friends and spouse's family'

neroli

VIP Member
It's very easy- and convenient for some- to find "racism" in any context these days. It fits the agenda of outrage.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
This is deranged sorry,the prime example of people reaching... queen had cancer, both her and Phillip were nonagenarians.

Dying of broken hearts - how twee. Yes they were very close and they had deep affection for each other, they had their own version of love but it’s ridiculous to pretend it was this beautiful romance when Philip (and possibly the Queen) had affairs and they only started living together because the pandemic forced them together.
The Queen had cancer, which was conveniently covered up on her death certificate, and Philip was in and out of ill health for many years.
This ‘expert’ is ridiculous.

hannah123

VIP Member
Damn Harry’s finally dropped Williams name in the new trailer

Again I’m questioning the mental state of these two from the opening snippet, that they were basically worried for their lives and had to get out for safety. It’s madness they think their lives are in genuine danger, the lives of MPs in this country are at a greater risk than royalty or celebrities and they don’t get any security

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I predict the marriage will be over in the next two years.
People have been saying this since the wedding! They may well split, mainly because they seem to have over idealised their relationship, and have turned it into an ' us against the world' thing, but they will hardly be the first couple to divorce, particularly not in the Royal Family.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I love how some MPs are up in arms, demanding their titles are stripped but they didn’t say a peep about Andrew having his titles taken away.
Andrew crawled back in the gutter where he belongs and has stayed quiet.
Harry and Meghan trash the Royal Family over and over again for money yet still want and use their titles.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I think she has quite a few talents, she plays the piano, her drawings are quite good, her photographs are also quite good, she plays tennis and is generally sporty, she seems to raise her children well, gets on with people (apart from MM apparently), can cook and bake, seems to be able to put events together and has good taste.
Why did I read that in the voice of Caroline Bingley?
And above all this posses a certain something in her air

• Haha

Jen667

VIP Member
The Compton headline was out of order. Whoever approved that was a disgrace.
I read up about uppity after the Holmes incident.

Harry's gripe with the media seems very UK based when in fact it's a world wide issue. It was international paparazzi that killed his mother.
It was a drunk driver that killed his mother