The Royal Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only 15 more days until the Oprah special, hang in there Philip! 👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Just an observation but all the BBC News presenters are wearing black obviously just in case of any breaking news.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Just an observation but all the BBC News presenters are wearing black obviously just in case of any breaking news.
No-one's told the newsreader on Sky, then. I assume they'll wheel out the big guns like Dermot Murnaghan if it looks imminent.

Reactions: 10
Just read a tweet suggesting he’s in end of life care.
My FIL who was 92 was in end of life care for almost 6 weeks. Nobody could believe that he kept going that length of time.

It may not be today or tomorrow with Philip, but I can't imagine he'll be around for that much longer anyway. Realistically he is 99.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I honestly don’t think that Charles would visit unless the Duke is on his deathbed and certainly not after the controversy of Captain Toms’ family visiting him.

Im sure they only allow visitors for end of life. It looks very ominous. I was keeping my fingers crossed he’d make it to 100.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Mmm....he’d have said something about what ‘good spirits’ he was in if things looked at all positive surely.

Reactions: 3
Just remembered, The Queen Mother's death got announced early on a Saturday evening.

Reactions: 7
That’s genuinely made me really sad for him.
I lost my Dad, only last month... end of life care diagnosis and he was gone within a matter of hours. I can feel the pain PC is going through and see it in his eyes. Doesnt matter who you are, how old you are and when it happens.. the loss of a parent is immense and my heart is heavy for him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Bit unfair Charles is allowed to visit his Dad *if* he’s not dying. Private hospital are supposed to follow the same guidance of no visitors.

Reactions: 4
Is it maybe the case that Liz is there too, but the press is under strict instructions to keep quiet, and Charlie has either volunteered or let’s face it, been told to as per protocol, been put into the spotlight to help manage the media response?

I definitely think it's happening soon.

The press are drip feeding us as much information as they legally can. The hints are all there.....

Last edited:
Saw this thread was active and immediately thought

1) he’d passed away.
2) oh so other members think that August is a bizarre name for a baby. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Saw this thread was active and immediately thought

1) he’d passed away.
2) oh so other members think that August is a bizarre name for a baby. 😐
I thought it was maybe a nod to Greek name ‘Augustus’, which I thought was a lovely gesture to Prince Phillip if so. I could be completely off track though 😂

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.