The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s not really a bar manager! I don’t know why the press ever called him one!

Yes, so you’ve said on previous posts!
No. I can’t find that he ever was a bar manager. So why would they say it? It’s once again click bait. 99.9% of it is… but plenty people believe those lies when it concerns RF members they don’t like.

Considering who their parents are and how they have behaved, the two sisters seem to be doing well. We all remember their Mother having her toes sucked on the front pages of the rags. Both of the girls work. Both keep out of the media spotlight. They must of been devastated by their Fathers behaviour and that bloody interview.

Earlier this year the media were gushing over Eugenie and Prince Harry’s bond stating they’re the best of friends and Eugenie and MM are besties. Now, they’re reporting on the strained relationship between E & PH! Something else for the Markle haters to lap up and blame on her though, isn’t it?

Reactions: 12
Re The Times article on H & M. So many people left their employ in a short period of time, choosing to resign rather than work on what on paper must seem an exciting role. Plus one of them was an American so it wasn’t just that Meghan’s way of doing things was at odds with the British way - her compatriot accused her of being a bully and always had someone in her sights to bully. They were described as a couple of teenagers, stroppy and entitled. The fast turnover of staff is indicative that there is truth in the bullying accusations. I think Meghan’s real face showed when she snapped at the aide trying to take the flowers during the walkabout. Then realised the optics of how it would look and swiftly changed to conciliatory. They seem unpleasant and perhaps will never be happy with their lot, perennial victims. Hopefully they will fade from view. There is a limit to how much whinging about the RF people will be interested in listening to, and they are not over endowed with personality, particularly Harry. They behaved well at the funeral. Shame their behaviour isn’t like that all the time.
Re. the bit in bold. I saw that clip, and don’t think she came across badly. She was basically interrupted while she was in the middle of chatting to people. The aide surely should have realised that her focus was somewhere else, and waited until later to bring the flowers.

Reactions: 13
Re. the bit in bold. I saw that clip, and don’t think she came across badly. She was basically interrupted while she was in the middle of chatting to people. The aide surely should have realised that her focus was somewhere else, and waited until later to bring the flowers.
I'm not her biggest fan but watching it live I got the feeling she said she would place the flowers for them, for the aide to then take them from her would have been insensitive and think she felt embarrassed to let them do so.(if that makes sense 🤷‍♂️)

Reactions: 18
f they don't sue then it will be really telling also. That article paints a nasty picture.
Four of those people -- Samantha Cohen (private secretary), Sara Latham (director of communications), Jason Knauf (former communications secretary) and Christian Jones (former deputy communications secretary) -- were prepared to testify against her in court in the Mail on Sunday case. In short, her whole senior staff.
I. have. no. doubt. they are more than ready for another round.

I think the thing that gets me is that even if that article is 100% true, which it could be, and they’re both horrible bosses, it still doesn’t excuse the obsessed online Meghan haters. A discussion like this critiquing people is fine, it’s generally balanced and realistic, but the thousands of hours of YouTube hate videos that take in loads of ad cash? The conspiracies around the pregnancies? The snarling nicknames and photoshopped devil pics and racist comments? The “Dishonest Duchess”dedicated hate Twitter accounts? Insane. No other crappy boss cops that. I can’t take those people seriously with their critiques, they’re so clouded - like extreme stans but with a much more toxic energy.

Plenty of powerful a-holes in the world, sadly. They all absolutely deserve criticism. But some people out there let it eat them alive in Meghan’s case.

Saying this as someone who’s a fan of Harry, fairly neutral on Meghan.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes, so you’ve said on previous posts!
So when I see the statement that Camilla ignored the press, which, begging your pardon, has been an untruth for 40 years -- two generations -- I am politely going to respond.

I'm not her biggest fan but watching it live I got the feeling she said she would place the flowers for them, for the aide to then take them from her would have been insensitive and think she felt embarrassed to let them do so.(if that makes sense 🤷‍♂️)
Yes! It’s like the aide made it an awkward moment.

I think the thing that gets me is that even if that article is 100% true, which it could be, and they’re both horrible bosses, it still doesn’t excuse the obsessed online Meghan haters.
Just talking today about how the QAnon people make money making stuff up.
Christopher Bouzy, the founder of BotSentinel, is seeking justice for Meghan from coordinated, and possibly paid, Twitter hate campaigns. Apparently there are YT channels making money doing the same.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Just talking today about how the QAnon people make money making stuff up.
Christopher Bouzy, the founder of BotSentinel, is seeking justice for Meghan from coordinated, and possibly paid, Twitter hate campaigns. Apparently there are YT channels making money doing the same.
It makes sense that some are paid, no one with an actual job could invest the time that some of them do! It’s quite scary, really. Will be interesting to see how that develops and what ends up being revealed. I’m sure it’s not the only coordinated hate campaign out there.

Has this photo been shared here? It’s the Queen at Balmoral in 2010, taken by Julian Calder. It’s so different to a typical modern royal portrait.
In my eyes, whatever you think of the monarchy, this is just a brilliant photograph.

View attachment 1601060
That is a stunning picture!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Yes! It’s like the aide made it an awkward moment.
It pokes a stick at the whole “look how difficult she is” scenario! It engages the haters and ensures William remains whiter than white. There was a program on BBC iPlayer a while ago, which discussed PW & Kate and their control over certain media articles! It may still be on there! Again, I highly doubt it’s 100% factual but it doesn’t go down the I hate Markle route so I suppose it’s not much interest to many people!

@watermelon sugar I completely agree with you. It’s very much a return to old isn’t it? The family have, for generations, allowed this media narrative of good royal/bad royal to continue. They have encouraged this bullying of her. Meghan could be everything they say and more. We just don’t know. But why not speak up and say look this is inexcusable behaviour from the press. Whatever our feelings we don’t condone this kind of bullying etc! The reality of it is, PH is right in one of his claims and that is the firm are very much in bed with the media. They use it to their advantage as and when it suits them. I know people admired The Queen for her never complain, never explain, no nonsense attitude but I didn’t and I still don’t. I feel like that was a flaw in her. Yes, she was born privileged and yes she was rich and in power etc but it didn’t mean she couldn’t have admitted, at times, she was unhappy with how people trashed her family. She could of spoken up in their defence, whenever it was necessary. She was quick to fork out £12 million to clear Andrew, or rather spare him anymore humiliation. She saw what media intrusion and the mockery of Margaret’s life did to her. Again, they never learn.

One of the worst for me, out of these royal biographers is Angela Levin. That woman is 100% an old school up her own bum hole racist.

I am indifferent towards Meghan. I saw that clip with the aide and I honestly don't think she did anything wrong. If anything at first she seemed a bit flustered about being interrupted and wasn't expecting it.

@watermelon sugar I completely agree with you. It’s very much a return to old isn’t it? The family have, for generations, allowed this media narrative of good royal/bad royal to continue. They have encouraged this bullying of her. Meghan could be everything they say and more. We just don’t know. But why not speak up and say look this is inexcusable behaviour from the press. Whatever our feelings we don’t condone this kind of bullying etc! The reality of it is, PH is right in one of his claims and that is the firm are very much in bed with the media. They use it to their advantage as and when it suits them. I know people admired The Queen for her never complain, never explain, no nonsense attitude but I didn’t and I still don’t. I feel like that was a flaw in her. Yes, she was born privileged and yes she was rich and in power etc but it didn’t mean she couldn’t have admitted, at times, she was unhappy with how people trashed her family. She could of spoken up in their defence, whenever it was necessary. She was quick to fork out £12 million to clear Andrew, or rather spare him anymore humiliation. She saw what media intrusion and the mockery of Margaret’s life did to her. Again, they never learn.

One of the worst for me, out of these royal biographers is Angela Levin. That woman is 100% an old school up her own bum hole racist.
BIB - she didn’t speak out verbally about Diana but her Private Secretary did invite the press to BP to discuss her being harassed and how bad she was being treated. During the meeting TQ showed up which gave a clear indication that they had over stepped. So I don’t think she did speak out but certainly did things ‘behind the scenes’ so to speak.
Edit - spelling

Reactions: 7
Interesting video. The Queen talking about life as a royal. Not sure how old that is.

Wow, that was so interesting. I’m not a monarchist, but it’s clear that she took her role very seriously, when she didn’t really have to. And it’s funny to hear that even the Queen had her best glasses and plates for guests.

Reactions: 5
The documentary of her 40th anniversary i rewatched recently and the Royal Family documentary from 1969. They’re both very enjoyable and interesting

Reactions: 2
It pokes a stick at the whole “look how difficult she is” scenario! It engages the haters and ensures William remains whiter than white. There was a program on BBC iPlayer a while ago, which discussed PW & Kate and their control over certain media articles! It may still be on there! Again, I highly doubt it’s 100% factual but it doesn’t go down the I hate Markle route so I suppose it’s not much interest to many people!

I don’t think she gave Andrew money to clear his name to spare him. Andrew hasn’t been spared. He’s guilty without a trail.

She helped Andrew pay off Virginia to stop it destroying the Royal Families reputation entirely.

Andrew is finished. He will be kicked out of the Royal Lodge in no time and he knows it. He is going to have his ability to step in for Charles removed too. If he’s at the coronation it will be in a cheap seat. And good.

But I think it’s very simplistic when tonnes of people say it was to save Andrew. I reckon Andrew was very happy to go to court tbh but the family forced him to settle.

Seems like a credible article to me. Harry and Meghan seem like demanding nightmares and a lot of staff seem like old curmudgeons stuck in their ways. I think both things can be true. It seems to keep going back to Meghan not understanding what it is to be a member of the royal family. She keeps mistaking it for being a celebrity. That anecdote about the PR gifts being sent to Kensington Palace is very telling of what she thought her 'role' would be.
The PR gifts stuck out to me. Expectations were not set, which is not that surprising as there have been many reports of a lack of leadership at the palace over the last few years as the queen's health deteriorated. The car crash Andrew interview is said to have happened as the palace let them get on with it rather than trying to manage it. I guess it's not that surprising this mess happens when someone holds onto a job for life. As much as they project the image of the Queen working hard in her 90s, realistically her workload had been rapidly reducing (quite understandably!) for a long time.

Meghan probably had unrealistic expectations and sounds like she wasn't made aware of the cons that came with the benefits. Going from TV actor fame to royalty could be a difficult change. I can see how she would be angry at someone giving away what she believed was her property. There's a big difference between celebs and royalty, even though the media level could be the same.

Harry has had a very tricky life and I have a lot of empathy for the awful situation he's been put in. I'm not surprised he holds lots of resentment. The two of them together probably don't bring out the best in each other. I imagine they would rial each other up, sharpening corners rather than rounding them.

Who really knows. Meghan now has the celeb life without the royal trappings. Harry is probably not too complex of a person, but I'm not sure if he's got what he wanted.

Reactions: 20
It’s so cool isn’t it. You can understand why the Queen liked Balmoral, the scenery looks amazing.
There’s an interview or comment I’ve seen this week where the Queen is slightly grumpy with the photographer as she doesn’t want the robes to get dirty. It’s an amazing photo. The green robes and tiara are fantastic against the scenery.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The PR gifts stuck out to me. Expectations were not set, which is not that surprising as there have been many reports of a lack of leadership at the palace over the last few years as the queen's health deteriorated. The car crash Andrew interview is said to have happened as the palace let them get on with it rather than trying to manage it. I guess it's not that surprising this mess happens when someone holds onto a job for life. As much as they project the image of the Queen working hard in her 90s, realistically her workload had been rapidly reducing (quite understandably!) for a long time.

Meghan probably had unrealistic expectations and sounds like she wasn't made aware of the cons that came with the benefits. Going from TV actor fame to royalty could be a difficult change. I can see how she would be angry at someone giving away what she believed was her property. There's a big difference between celebs and royalty, even though the media level could be the same.

Harry has had a very tricky life and I have a lot of empathy for the awful situation he's been put in. I'm not surprised he holds lots of resentment. The two of them together probably don't bring out the best in each other. I imagine they would rial each other up, sharpening corners rather than rounding them.

Who really knows. Meghan now has the celeb life without the royal trappings. Harry is probably not too complex of a person, but I'm not sure if he's got what he wanted.
The bit in bold is essentially what me and Mr Stardust said after we read that article. It sounds like it’s just two toxic people egging each other on, when really they could both do with a life partner willing to calm them down.

You can easily see this happening without having to think they’re bad people.

Harry has always hated the press and been paranoid. He had his phone hacked and his Mum died while being chased by photographers…

He finally meets someone who says they’re willing to take on the pressure to be with him. Meghan expects to be received like she’s Obama because she doesn’t fully understand the RF. she doesn’t get that there are rules and more importantly a hierarchy.

William gets worried about Harry so says he thinks it’s moving too fast, Harry takes this as an attack. Tells Meghan. She takes it as racism. Harry then goes “duck, yeah it is.”

And we end up as we are… the thing is I doubt any of them are particularly happy though. I don’t think Harry will ever be happy. I think William is probably absolutely gutted he’s lost the one person he thought he would always be able to rely on. And Meghan is still stifled in what she can do, because if she really does want to go into politics she has a link that will definitely be seen as negative in America.

Reactions: 24
Wasn't meant to be sexist it was meant in the sense that Kate knows what is expected being in The Royal family and Meghan didn't care and wanted to do it her way.
The Royal Family itself is incredibly sexist. Its an institution wedded to the past.

The bit in bold is essentially what me and Mr Stardust said after we read that article. It sounds like it’s just two toxic people egging each other on, when really they could both do with a life partner willing to calm them down.

You can easily see this happening without having to think they’re bad people.

Harry has always hated the press and been paranoid. He had his phone hacked and his Mum died while being chased by photographers…

He finally meets someone who says they’re willing to take on the pressure to be with him. Meghan expects to be received like she’s Obama because she doesn’t fully understand the RF. she doesn’t get that there are rules and more importantly a hierarchy.

William gets worried about Harry so says he thinks it’s moving too fast, Harry takes this as an attack. Tells Meghan. She takes it as racism. Harry then goes “duck, yeah it is.”

And we end up as we are… the thing is I doubt any of them are particularly happy though. I don’t think Harry will ever be happy. I think William is probably absolutely gutted he’s lost the one person he thought he would always be able to rely on. And Meghan is still stifled in what she can do, because if she really does want to go into politics she has a link that will definitely be seen as negative in America.
I think this is exactly how they have ended up where they have.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.