The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please feel free to tell me f**k off because I'm not British so what right do I have to comment on the Royal Family.

But Kate strikes me as the biggest Stepford Wife around. Too much of a goody-two-shoes for my tastes.
Say what you like about Meghan, at least she appears to have a personality (maybe not one suited to being a member of the RF)

William seems nice, again a bit boring.
Harry looked like great craic, but the whole splitting from the family thing seems to have knocked the craic out of him.

That's the view from this side of the fence, not meant as throwing shade on your RF, just an observation on the personalities !

Reactions: 23
She had one not too long after she'd announced a pregnancy. I think it was Christmas 2016. I'm not 100% sure when she had the second one, but I think it was between then and her second daughter being born :(

Reactions: 4
She had one not too long after she'd announced a pregnancy. I think it was Christmas 2016. I'm not 100% sure when she had the second one, but I think it was between then and her second daughter being born :(
Yes I think she had a late and an early miscarriage. I hope this is her 20 week scan then.

Please feel free to tell me f**k off because I'm not British so what right do I have to comment on the Royal Family.

But Kate strikes me as the biggest Stepford Wife around. Too much of a goody-two-shoes for my tastes.
Say what you like about Meghan, at least she appears to have a personality (maybe not one suited to being a member of the RF)

Harry looked like great craic, but the whole splitting from the family thing seems to have knocked the craic out of him.

That's the view from this side of the fence, not meant as throwing shade on your RF, just an observation on the personalities !
I do live in the UK and I think you're spot on! Stepford wife is exactly right.

Reactions: 9

You have a right to an opinion about anyone, no matter where you are from.

I am not overly attached to the royals, I do not dislike them either. Although, I am guilty of enjoying the royal gossip, along with many others. Kate seems like a nice enough lady, but yes a bit bland. Although I guess bland is what works and it takes a certain type of personality to succeed in the institution.

Reactions: 12
I like Kate and William, I don't really understand the criticism of them being work shy as William will be King one day meaning they will surely be working well past U.K retirement age if he follows in Granny's footsteps. I don't look into it all to much so just my opinion but I just feel why not let them have extra time now while the children are young and the pressure isn't on before their responsibilities intensify when he takes the throne. Yes I know that they have staff help with their children but they do seem quite involved with their care have a nice family bond. Comparing the amount of work they do to older members of the family who's children have flown the nest is in my opinion slightly unfair. If they were out working constantly and leaving the children's care fully to the staff then they would also be criticized for that. That's the joy of being in the public eye i suppose 😂 I don't envy any of them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I like Kate and William, I don't really understand the criticism of them being work shy as William will be King one day meaning they will surely be working well past U.K retirement age if he follows in Granny's footsteps. I don't look into it all to much so just my opinion but I just feel why not let them have extra time now while the children are young and the pressure isn't on before their responsibilities intensify when he takes the throne. Yes I know that they have staff help with their children but they do seem quite involved with their care have a nice family bond. Comparing the amount of work they do to older members of the family who's children have flown the nest is in my opinion slightly unfair. If they were out working constantly and leaving the children's care fully to the staff then they would also be criticized for that. That's the joy of being in the public eye i suppose 😂 I don't envy any of them.
I think peoples problem with them being workshy is the fact that a 94-year-old woman and up until recently a 99-year-old man who is by all accounts not very well are doing a whole lot more than them - I'd hang my head in shame if I was them. I'd agree with your argument if it was actual WORK but cutting a ribbon, waving at people and visiting hospitals etc. isn't work nor do they do any of the hard slog behind it (organising the visit, writing speeches etc.) If William and Kate were that serious about their future roles surely they would want to do stuff?

I think it’s completely possible to feel both sides. You can generally like Wiliam and Kate but point out that they are really not raking in good numbers. ESP now, where they could work so much from home and wouldn’t have to “leave” the kids. I mean none of us knows them personally and they make damn sure it stays that way. So, while I am sure Kate is a nice person and can look very beautiful- I still find her current look horrible. If I wouldn’t believe they are done with children I would place a high bet on another pregnancy. She looks extremely thin now. It’s way past her lean figure and more her, I have lost 5% body weight due to HG look. I find the term Stick Woman very harsh, but I cannot disagree anymore. Fashion wise I wish we would see her nude pumps, wedges and coat dresses again. She could pull them off much better than everything she tried since those days.
Both truly lucked out with Andrew (even though this train wreck might bite them all in the ass) and the Duke and Duchess of Woke. If H&M hadn’t given this stupid interview in SA and got their game together we would read completely different headlines. But they didn’t and people have forgotten about the thousand times Kate has “embarrassed” or “disregarded” the Queen, or “broken protocol”. Or when Wiliam made stupid remarks or broke out of the wholesome family picture.
I just hope they know that they will fall out of favour again and when it happens just get on with it instead of whining and throwing tantrums because they believed their own hype (as someone else).

• Heart
Reactions: 2
like Kate and William, I don't really understand the criticism of them being work shy as William will be King one day meaning they will surely be working well past U.K retirement age if he follows in Granny's footsteps
It could be 30 years until hes King though! As PP have said, it's hardly work, and two of their 3 children are at school. They could do one engagement ( many of which are an hour or 2) a day and triple their workload. I think it was @vikka that said they can count train journey, meeting children, meeting staff as 3 engagements even though they are all part of one trip and took 2 hours in total. They between them do just over 100 of these a YEAR. The older members of the RF rack up 500 each. Many people would love to both spend endless time with their children ( and have nannies and housekeepers so they dont have to spend any time at all on domestic duties) but we have to work to keep a roof over our children's head ( and their children's head) and feed and clean up after them ourselves. It doesn't bode well that neither William or Kate can put the effort in that they will suddenly change their ways when they are King and Queen. Even the engagements they do do are things like going to the cinema or going to Wimbledon.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Handy Randy Andy 's story seems to be unravelling...like he lied in the tv interview with Emily Maitlis... who would ever imagine a royal would lie....:unsure::LOL::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It could be 30 years until hes King though! As PP have said, it's hardly work, and two of their 3 children are at school. They could do one engagement ( many of which are an hour or 2) a day and triple their workload. I think it was @vikka that said they can count train journey, meeting children, meeting staff as 3 engagements even though they are all part of one trip and took 2 hours in total. They between them do just over 100 of these a YEAR. The older members of the RF rack up 500 each. Many people would love to both spend endless time with their children ( and have nannies and housekeepers so they dont have to spend any time at all on domestic duties) but we have to work to keep a roof over our children's head ( and their children's head) and feed and clean up after them ourselves. It doesn't bode well that neither William or Kate can put the effort in that they will suddenly change their ways when they are King and Queen. Even the engagements they do do are things like going to the cinema or going to Wimbledon.
A lot of the points that you make there only re enforce what I have said previously.
He won't take to the throne for maybe another 30 years putting him well into retirement age. Like it or not he will have to step up as monarch his work load will increase, their work goes beyond ribbon cutting at public engagements.
You said most people would love hired help around their house if they could afford to but they have to go out and work, admitting if you were in their privileged position you to would have hired help. They aren't commoners, the are in the highest class position possible within our nation you can't place the expectations of the common man on these kind of people.
Let's send them out to work 500 engagements and leave the care of their young children to the staff full time rather than having parents present, that really worked out well for the children of our current monarch 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They aren't commoners, the are in the highest class position possible within our nation you can't place the expectations of the common man on these kind of people.
This is what is wrong with the system. They pretend to be ' just like us' but they arent where it counts. They have been put in the ' highest position possible by accident of birth. If they want to stay there ' which they do, despite all their complaints, they need to prove their worth, like it or not. They could take it in turns to do engagements and still do far more than they do. I doubt they spend all day playing with Louis. Otherwise what's the point of their nannies? They could step up their workload but they are both trying to do as little as they can for as long as possible.

Reactions: 12
A lot of the points that you make there only re enforce what I have said previously.
He won't take to the throne for maybe another 30 years putting him well into retirement age. Like it or not he will have to step up as monarch his work load will increase, their work goes beyond ribbon cutting at public engagements.
You said most people would love hired help around their house if they could afford to but they have to go out and work, admitting if you were in their privileged position you to would have hired help. They aren't commoners, the are in the highest class position possible within our nation you can't place the expectations of the common man on these kind of people.
Let's send them out to work 500 engagements and leave the care of their young children to the staff full time rather than having parents present, that really worked out well for the children of our current monarch 🙄
The problem of the current monarch and her children wasn't the upbringing in the sense that they worked and the kids had nannies, the Cambs already have as many (possibly more) nannies as the Waleses had for instance (one fulltime, one part-time and the rumour of another part-time). Meaning they already have as many nannies as any "full time working senior royal" were to need. Charles and Diana only had one fulltime nanny and for the earlier years an additional part time nanny and they have outworked the Cambs every year. There's no lack of hired help.

The problem was the emotional distance between Liz and her kids and that Charles was ridiculed when he was a child for crying when saying goodbye to his parents (he was never again present at send-offs) and bowed when they came back after months on tour (in private!!), basically not recognizing his own mother but knowing she's the queen and hugs (in public!) would've been intolerable.
They could've easily taken the kids with them when they were for 4 months away on tour.

Let's not pretend like Liz's kids are scarred because their parents worked or that the Camb kids would be scarred because their parents were to work. What about the literal billions of people on this earth, where parents have to work and don't have time for their kids. Anyone here scarred because mummy and daddy were not always home at all hours because of work?

Charles's complaints on his upringing were always emotional distance and his horrid years at boarding school, his parents' lack of emotions and stiff upper lip and "toughening" him up through school. He never complained about his parents' physical absence due to work and even that was stiff upper class style (pawn the kids off to the nannies and boarding school till 18). The physical distance certainly was not necessary and the emotional distance was damaging.

Kate and Will could schedule some "work" during school hours, even part-time (in the traditional sense), say 3 days a week during school hours go someplace and even one event (as seen by any normal person) would count as 2 or more (because waving is a seperate event to walking!).

Are we to expect them to step up in 30 years???

Everyone would hire help, the problem isn't the hired help. It's they have hired help and yet can't work because the kids need them 24/7 (lol as if), but neither watch the kids all the time (nannies are there with cief nanny Maria who supposedly teaches the kids Spanish, which is excellent if true), nor do they do the cooking (that does their Italian chef), nor the ironing or gardening or vacuuming or anything else.

They don't even do the heavy lifting in their work, others plan everything and write the speeches and put together outfits, all they have to do is prepare to give a speech, get dressed and meet some people. Yet Will can't even be arsed to read his briefs (and he'll laughingly tell the press, as he did just a year ago and many times before that), but Meg haters drag her for carrying a folder in Oz. At least she read her notes.

If they are so busy with their kids, why has it been said multiple times (by Will and Kate on various occasions over the years) that particularly Will doesn't see them all that much?

It's an insult (to working parents) to say the Cambs can't work (more) because of their children.
And it is an insult to every adult to say Will and Kate can coast because Will is "only the heir's heir".
Dude's almost 40 for cyring out loud, the teenage heirs in Europe out-do the Cambs!
It's embarrassing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
This is what is wrong with the system. They pretend to be ' just like us' but they arent where it counts. They have been put in the ' highest position possible by accident of birth. If they want to stay there ' which they do, despite all their complaints, they need to prove their worth, like it or not. They could take it in turns to do engagements and still do far more than they do. I doubt they spend all day playing with Louis. Otherwise what's the point of their nannies? They could step up their workload but they are both trying to do as little as they can for as long as possible.
I wouldn't say that they pretend to be like us nor do they need to, they're not like us and never will be. The fact is they don't really need to prove anything to stay in their position as of yet. It seems like their position of privilege is what is riling people up more than anything. As you stated if you were in their position you would act the same so why judge?
I agree, I very much doubt that they are sat around playing with Louis all day but they are certainly there for their children more the Liz and Phillip were.
I would say that the hired help are there to manage morning and bed time routines, look after the children while they are at engagements etc. If you are a parent yourself I'm sure you are aware of how stressful it is trying to get your family up, ready and out of the door in the morning, do you honestly expect members of the royal family to lead that lifestyle? Again you are measuring your expectations of them against those of people in the working or middle class of society and that's far from where they are.
Like I said they will have to step up to their roles when the time comes and will be working far longer into their lives than you or I.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.