The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It depends on what value you put on the country’s prestige. It’s hardly Airforce One, and they should never have decommissioned the Royal Yacht.
The countrys prestige should come from things like scientific endeavour like the covid vaccine not from having a couple of Royals going on a covid tour of the country so they can up their appointment rates before the end of the year, so they dont look like they did less than a bunch of 70 year olds and a 94 year old like they usually do.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This "tour" is a total misstep and Wales is not amused either

This would have been great once the pandemic is over or at least a significant amount of the population is vaccinated.
They can travel because it's classed as "work", but in reality they meet so many people, it's frankly irresponsible.
Once this pest is over, it would've been great to do a tour like this to "thank the frontline workers"; they could've then extended it to 2 weeks and really met people across the country.

All their tours have been glorified holidays, which actually fits right into the royal objective of a worthwhile cause. When Diana was meeting people in hospices, lepers etc Liz berated her a couple of times and straight out told her to rather pick "nice causes", wave a bit and leave. Diana stuck with her "ugly causes". The Cambs on tour, esp abroad, only do fun stuff. Sports, cute school kids, galas. There's always an underlying "tourist" vibe there, as they have often said "Oh we wanted to come here and then this tour magically happened!"

I'd like to hear what others think who are members here who've followed them for a long time and are familiar with their shenanigans (many often say they'd love to voice their true opinion (and I've linked to W&K's thread before), but no one does and I feel sometimes a little like I'm the only Cambridge grouch here 🙈 😂).

Anyway, any longtime followers know the good old Cambridge playbook, very reliable since its inception in 2011:
December is always the month when these two come out of hiding from their palaces and do a flurry of engagements, they're suddenly everywhere after dead-silence for eons. It ups their numbers.

And this tour has been concepted with only one thing in mind, I'm certain of it: Prop up Cambridge numbers. As literally every December.
Come January, they're again nowhere to be found (except Mustique, you'll always find them hanging around Basil's).

The way they count one engagement is laughable: arrival at school (1), meet kids in class (2), meet teachers (3), departure (4).
Other royal houses count this as ONE.

Someone wrote on celebitchy it's so Kate can air her coats out. Quite true. I don't know why she's carrying new handbags and wearing any new stuff on this tour, I'm equally baffled at the amount of new clothes she presents on zoom engagements. As if she doesn't have enough.

The new bag yesterday is a classic Kate-style clutch with just enough space for tissue and lipstick (maybe a pen managed to be squeezed in?)

Yesterday also she disembarked from the train in high heeled knee-high boots and then at an engagement later on just changed her shoes into low-heeled knee-high boots. That's why 7 carriages, because Kate brought all her coats, shoes and clutches, whilst Will is always in the same clothes, and nothing wrong with that, it's just two days.
Why wasn't she in sensible footwear from the start? Additionally it would've saved space. But heavens, no!

They also like to pretend like this is longer than it is, initial press release said: 3 days 2 nights tour, first day started with their arrival at 22.30 at Euston and departure at 2300. That's not frikkin 3 days!!

A journo has said in a docu on royal travel that the royals book a good number of seats on flights, one seat was just for Kate's dresses.

Then I read sugar comments in the fail like "Kate walks so well in these killer heels, so much better than the other one" (great, grown woman can walk in self-chosen torture devices) and "Our future Queen recycles clothing on a regular basis, while Harry's wife, doesn't even live here anymore" and I wonder what's up with the world (and why M lives rent-free in all these sugars' heads).

Kate is hands-down the most frivolous and spendy female royal of the house of Windsor. Meghan was very hot on Kate's heels in pursuit of out-spending each other, but she's dropped off into "privacy".

The coat Kate wore to the Sussex wedding? Everyone was marvelling at "thrifty Kate", rewearing the coat from the Christening of her child! With pics of another "rewear". Some more obssesive folks analyzed the pics, turns out it's 3 different coats made near identical. And this isn't unusual with Kate, if you ever look at all her dresses and coats, she has so many in a similar style or sometimes near identical I don't know why TF she has them all made??

Same with all the black coats for Remembrance, esp. the military cosplays. They are barred by protocol (i.e. Liz) to wear black when representing her, except when in mourning. So the opportunity for them to wear black coats to engagements is near 0. Yet, Kate has nearly every year a new black coat and especially the military style ones can after Remembrance only languish in the wardrobe, along with all the other only once-worn coats, hats and dresses, never to see the light of day again.

Kate has indeed had work recently done, her cheeks are noticeably fuller and in one video they were quite a bit protruding.
With all the lockdowns and bans I wonder how Kate managed to constantly have a smooth, wrinkle-free and plump face, her colour always done and hair that frequently varied in length and thickness 🤔🙄

This spiralled into another rant and I'm not even sorry 😂

Edit: Anyone remember the many KP/BP sanctioned propaganda articles how Kate doesn't want to be (just) a clothes-horse, but be known for her work? Aaahhh the good old days, full of hope, ignorance and lies 🤩

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
YES TO ALL OF THIS!!!

Just wanted to comment that I feel the same - her deranged smile in photos from tours and functions drives me insane! Also, it was reported in the Daily Fail that they didn't know what they were doing for Christmas now Balmoral is a no-go, heaven forbid she'd cook Christmas dinner herself....

For all the money she spends on clothes she always wheels out the dowdiest clothes I've ever seen a woman her age wear, I'm five years younger and I wouldn't dream of wearing any of it for another 20 years! I understand that she has to dress conservative but can she not be a little stylish? Queen Letizia of Spain is a great example of someone who gets the balance right, even Megan dressed better than her (even if most of the clothes were badly fitted)

This "tour" is a total misstep and Wales is not amused either

This would have been great once the pandemic is over or at least a significant amount of the population is vaccinated.
They can travel because it's classed as "work", but in reality they meet so many people, it's frankly irresponsible.
Once this pest is over, it would've been great to do a tour like this to "thank the frontline workers"; they could've then extended it to 2 weeks and really met people across the country.

All their tours have been glorified holidays, which actually fits right into the royal objective of a worthwhile cause. When Diana was meeting people in hospices, lepers etc Liz berated her a couple of times and straight out told her to rather pick "nice causes", wave a bit and leave. Diana stuck with her "ugly causes". The Cambs on tour, esp abroad, only do fun stuff. Sports, cute school kids, galas. There's always an underlying "tourist" vibe there, as they have often said "Oh we wanted to come here and then this tour magically happened!"

I'd like to hear what others think who are members here who've followed them for a long time and are familiar with their shenanigans (many often say they'd love to voice their true opinion (and I've linked to W&K's thread before), but no one does and I feel sometimes a little like I'm the only Cambridge grouch here 🙈 😂).

Anyway, any longtime followers know the good old Cambridge playbook, very reliable since its inception in 2011:
December is always the month when these two come out of hiding from their palaces and do a flurry of engagements, they're suddenly everywhere after dead-silence for eons. It ups their numbers.

And this tour has been concepted with only one thing in mind, I'm certain of it: Prop up Cambridge numbers. As literally every December.
Come January, they're again nowhere to be found (except Mustique, you'll always find them hanging around Basil's).

The way they count one engagement is laughable: arrival at school (1), meet kids in class (2), meet teachers (3), departure (4).
Other royal houses count this as ONE.

Someone wrote on celebitchy it's so Kate can air her coats out. Quite true. I don't know why she's carrying new handbags and wearing any new stuff on this tour, I'm equally baffled at the amount of new clothes she presents on zoom engagements. As if she doesn't have enough.

The new bag yesterday is a classic Kate-style clutch with just enough space for tissue and lipstick (maybe a pen managed to be squeezed in?)

Yesterday also she disembarked from the train in high heeled knee-high boots and then at an engagement later on just changed her shoes into low-heeled knee-high boots. That's why 7 carriages, because Kate brought all her coats, shoes and clutches, whilst Will is always in the same clothes, and nothing wrong with that, it's just two days.
Why wasn't she in sensible footwear from the start? Additionally it would've saved space. But heavens, no!

They also like to pretend like this is longer than it is, initial press release said: 3 days 2 nights tour, first day started with their arrival at 22.30 at Euston and departure at 2300. That's not frikkin 3 days!!

A journo has said in a docu on royal travel that the royals book a good number of seats on flights, one seat was just for Kate's dresses.

Then I read sugar comments in the fail like "Kate walks so well in these killer heels, so much better than the other one" (great, grown woman can walk in self-chosen torture devices) and "Our future Queen recycles clothing on a regular basis, while Harry's wife, doesn't even live here anymore" and I wonder what's up with the world (and why M lives rent-free in all these sugars' heads).

Kate is hands-down the most frivolous and spendy female royal of the house of Windsor. Meghan was very hot on Kate's heels in pursuit of out-spending each other, but she's dropped off into "privacy".

The coat Kate wore to the Sussex wedding? Everyone was marvelling at "thrifty Kate", rewearing the coat from the Christening of her child! With pics of another "rewear". Some more obssesive folks analyzed the pics, turns out it's 3 different coats made near identical. And this isn't unusual with Kate, if you ever look at all her dresses and coats, she has so many in a similar style or sometimes near identical I don't know why TF she has them all made??

Same with all the black coats for Remembrance, esp. the military cosplays. They are barred by protocol (i.e. Liz) to wear black when representing her, except when in mourning. So the opportunity for them to wear black coats to engagements is near 0. Yet, Kate has nearly every year a new black coat and especially the military style ones can after Remembrance only languish in the wardrobe, along with all the other only once-worn coats, hats and dresses, never to see the light of day again.

Kate has indeed had work recently done, her cheeks are noticeably fuller and in one video they were quite a bit protruding.
With all the lockdowns and bans I wonder how Kate managed to constantly have a smooth, wrinkle-free and plump face, her colour always done and hair that frequently varied in length and thickness 🤔🙄

This spiralled into another rant and I'm not even sorry 😂

Edit: Anyone remember the many KP/BP sanctioned propaganda articles how Kate doesn't want to be (just) a clothes-horse, but be known for her work? Aaahhh the good old days, full of hope, ignorance and lies 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The photo shoot they’re apparently having with Charles/Camilla/Queen/Prince Philip will be interesting considering they’ve got to adhere to social distancing. Then again they broke rules by entering Scotland, but still.

Reactions: 5
YES TO ALL OF THIS!!!

Just wanted to comment that I feel the same - her deranged smile in photos from tours and functions drives me insane! Also, it was reported in the Daily Fail that they didn't know what they were doing for Christmas now Balmoral is a no-go, heaven forbid she'd cook Christmas dinner herself....

For all the money she spends on clothes she always wheels out the dowdiest clothes I've ever seen a woman her age wear, I'm five years younger and I wouldn't dream of wearing any of it for another 20 years! I understand that she has to dress conservative but can she not be a little stylish? Queen Letizia of Spain is a great example of someone who gets the balance right, even Megan dressed better than her (even if most of the clothes were badly fitted)
Ah yes, the good old gurning!!
That was one of the things that back when I was on the sugary side of the Cambs I couldn't understand why people said she's gurning and thought how unkind they were.... Once I paid more attention to the pics (by following the comments) and saw videos it was a different story altogether.

In pics you have to "zoom out" and look at the people standing around Kate.. Kate is grinning and laughing like she's having the time of her life, but people around her either have the resting witch face going (i.e. neutral face) or aren't engaging with her, talking with others (still not laughing their heads off).
In videos this is way more noticeable, because then you see clearly how out of place she is compared to her surroundings (i.e. other people) and how she's playing it up for the cameras, so the pics turn out "well". I'll never forget when the Tour de France started in Britain and the famous trio was trotted out there, I think someone crashed? Anyway, Will & Harry behaved normally, looked around etc, in contrast Kate: Standing frozen, mouth wide open, hand frozen in place held in an unnatural position and this for several seconds, whilst W&H had already looked all around several times. Embarrassing. Turnt me right off her. That video is still up on YouTube.

I'm writing this for people who haven't followed or who maybe want to check this out or watch out for in the future, so y'all know what to look for.

And OMG when I read the headline that they "don't know what they'll do for Xmas"!! The rage. Seriously.
What an utter stupid thing to say. They could've said "just us 5, very small this year" or maybe added "depending on the government guidelines we'll maybe have parents/siblings over", something along those lines, but no! Poor lambs straight up don't know what to do with themselves! Spend Xmas at the mansion? Or the palace? Give the staff time off? The horror!

In the comments people wrote they should give all their staff the days off and I agree. They can handle a few days, even a week by themselves. But that's impossible, no nannies and cook and cleaners...

In terms of clothing to me the worst offenders are the crazy prints she loves to wear, the nude heels, the platforms (not seen for a while now), the jeggings and wedges (all also not seen for a while, thank goodness).
I berate her clutches, they look good, but they are just so impractical that I don't understand why she bothers with them at all. Her assistant carries her bigger bag for her or it's left in the car.

Letizia really dresses super well, I love her business outfits especially.
Anyone can say what they want, but Meghan's style has rubbed off on Kate, for the better. Meg wore some fantastic outfits (and some disasters, this is true of pretty much any public person!).

I am curious about the photoshoot as well! Looking forward to it.

Reactions: 9
Just out of curiosity, why do you think that?
Because it’s about the Royal Family as a cipher for the United Kingdom. They are figureheads representing us and our worth as a nation.

The countrys prestige should come from things like scientific endeavour like the covid vaccine not from having a couple of Royals going on a covid tour of the country so they can up their appointment rates before the end of the year, so they dont look like they did less than a bunch of 70 year olds and a 94 year old like they usually do.
The country’s prestige does come from our scientific and other endeavours, but it also comes from the value we place on our Head of State. A Royal train and a Royal yacht reflects our status as a nation. I’d far rather a constitutional monarchy than an elected presidency, and, let’s face it, presidents don’t come cheap either.

YES TO ALL OF THIS!!!

She really didn’t. Whilst Kate can dress a little frumpishly, she does at least have a sense of the shapes that suit her. Meghan before, during and after her time in the Royal Family has no idea of what suits her, wears ill-fitting underwear that is visible beneath her clothes and generally looks il-groomed and unkempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm not sure owning a yacht and a train really reflects status nowadays, maybe 50 years ago where the monarchy was a lot more respected and accepted. But nowadays I think the general perception is that they really do not need a train or a yacht or any other relic and it makes them look a bit knobbish. Considering the UK has a national debt of trillions of £, I'm sure they'll live without and I don't think the taxpayer should have to foot the bill for either.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm not sure owning a yacht and a train really reflects status nowadays, maybe 50 years ago where the monarchy was a lot more respected and accepted. But nowadays I think the general perception is that they really do not need a train or a yacht or any other relic and it makes them look a bit knobbish. Considering the UK has a national debt of trillions of £, I'm sure they'll live without and I don't think the taxpayer should have to foot the bill for either.
But that’s confusing the people with the institution. The Monarch deserves a train and a yacht, whether or not people think Elizabeth Windsor does. Might as well argue that 10 Downing Street should be sold and the PM housed in a council flat.

Reactions: 2
but it also comes from the value we place on our Head of State. A Royal train and a Royal yacht reflects our status as a nation. I’d far rather a constitutional monarchy than an elected presidency, and, let’s face it, presidents don’t come cheap either.
William isnt the Head of State. Hes two off the Head of State. If we had a President, his or her grandchildren wouldnt be prancing around the country using the Royal train! I dont have a problem with the Head of State having 2 houses ( city and country) and their own transport but its hardly used, and causes loads of problems for other rail services when it is.
Kate couldnt even write a message on a board without a cue card. Thats not really demonstrating to the world the value in the Institution of the monarchy If the mother of the person we are expected to accept as HoS without question cant write a heartfelt sentence on a whiteboard!

Reactions: 12
William isnt the Head of State. Hes two off the Head of State. If we had a President, his or her grandchildren wouldnt be prancing around the country using the Royal train! I dont have a problem with the Head of State having 2 houses ( city and country) and their own transport but its hardly used, and causes loads of problems for other rail services when it is.
Kate couldnt even write a message on a board without a cue card. Thats not really demonstrating to the world the value in the Institution of the monarchy If the mother of the person we are expected to accept as HoS without question cant write a heartfelt sentence on a whiteboard!
But his or her grandchildren wouldn’t be working for ‘the firm’. Kate has a degree, I’m sure she’s perfectly literate and at least she wasn’t writing clichés on bananas.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
But that’s confusing the people with the institution. The Monarch deserves a train and a yacht, whether or not people think Elizabeth Windsor does. Might as well argue that 10 Downing Street should be sold and the PM housed in a council flat.
I don't think the Monarch does either. I'm all for her having all of her castles/palaces/halls so on and so fourth, as well as the PM 'living' in Downing Street but real estate and trains and yachts are a totally different kettle of fish. They're both so unnecessary.

Reactions: 5
Prince Phillip never uses the royal train these days. I expect he would find it difficult to board it. When he went to Balmoral he was taken by helicopter from Sandringham.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I found the little tour a bit strange.

If they wanted to thank people they could have done more stops. Or they could have held off until spring because of Covid.

But now they visited a handful places and face the Covid criticism.

My guess is that they wanted to get up to Scotland as Nicola S was so vocal about wanting an otter referendum to vote on independence and the other stops were add-ons.
Maybe Number 10 asked them to do something about Scotland, similar to when TQ commented on the referendum in 2014.
What do you think?

I agree that the clutches were somewhat ridiculous. She was only out for a few minutes at each stop, she didn’t need a bag nor a clutch.
It is even more ridiculous that the little black clutch sold out immediately. Who would need such a small bag at the moment?

Reactions: 6
I found the little tour a bit strange.

If they wanted to thank people they could have done more stops. Or they could have held off until spring because of Covid.

But now they visited a handful places and face the Covid criticism.

My guess is that they wanted to get up to Scotland as Nicola S was so vocal about wanting an otter referendum to vote on independence and the other stops were add-ons.
Maybe Number 10 asked them to do something about Scotland, similar to when TQ commented on the referendum in 2014.
What do you think?

I agree that the clutches were somewhat ridiculous. She was only out for a few minutes at each stop, she didn’t need a bag nor a clutch.
It is even more ridiculous that the little black clutch sold out immediately. Who would need such a small bag at the moment?
They only went to Edinburgh so if they were trying to do something to do with Scotland, they didn't do very well. 3 hours later they were in Leeds :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6
Intrigued to see this video of Kate at the Tour de France, tried Googling it but couldn’t find it...can someone post a link pls x

Intrigued to see this video of Kate at the Tour de France, tried Googling it but couldn’t find it...can someone post a link pls x
I think this might be it but I don't see anything strange about her reaction tbh

Reactions: 2
But his or her grandchildren wouldn’t be working for ‘the firm’. Kate has a degree, I’m sure she’s perfectly literate and at least she wasn’t writing clichés on bananas.
It's not about whether shes literate or not, it's that when asked to write a sentence of thanks on a board she couldnt do it without a prompt card. It shows a complete lack of sincerity.

Reactions: 8
Several problems transpiring with the tour now that the circus is over:

It feels like the "thanking frontline workers" bit was an add-on later, to sell it better and tie it with them being named co-patrons of the NHS Charities Trust. What was there about frontline workers in the tour? It was the usual: meet the public, elderly, school kids, unis, the odd hospital thrown in.
Besides, frontline workers are up to their eyeballs drowning in work, they don't have the time or use of going to a superspreader event.
Let's not forget essential workers, who's going to thank the baker, teachers, supermarket staff, post- and delivery people etc etc?

Looked like they wore masks for pics: wore them when few people were around, but were maskless when meeting a group of school kids and the teachers (and parents?) as well as some elderly.
There's no room here for one bad pic: they should've been masked up the whole time.

Should also change the masks as often as possible.

Instead, Kate changed earrings, bags, coats and shoes as often as possible. At least she's wearing real coats these days and isn't stuck in coat dresses 24/7.
Two coats, one bag and one pair of shoes would've been enough. Blue for Scotland, red for Wales and England or green.
No new items at all would've been best. Alas.

Post-pandemic they could've visited all I mentioned above plus small businesses and make it big, over two weeks or so, to really meet many people and towns and cities. That would've been too exhausting...

The tour must've been sanctioned by N°10, but N°10 was adamant to distance themselves from this hot mess, as criticism came in fast (as someone wrote, "before the train even left the station").

"The Prime Minister’s official spokesman repeatedly directed journalists towards the palace when questioned about William and Kate’s railway tour."
He literally said at least 5 times to direct all questions at the palace as answer to any question asked about it today, seemingly N°10 trying to distance themselves.

Liz must've thrown a fit, because a bit later they backpedaled and claimed support
"‘The PM is delighted to see the warm reception the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have received on their hugely valuable train tour of England, Scotland and Wales. "
(" their hugely valuable train tour " LOL are ya kiddin me?? it's either n10 snark or classic KP hyperbole)

The optics are no good on any front here, and optics is all they're really ever going for.
This tour is a hot mess on all counts and now it's time for blame shifting. I do think heads will roll behind the scenes.

Kate is really coming in with the handwritten messages and letters, I wonder where she got the inspiration for that, after only ever seeing her signature and typed letters for nearly 10 years 🤔
It's nice and more personal, I'll only say she should make her handwriting more legible when writing for an audience.

I also think everyone (i.e. n10 + the Winds) hoped that this would bring some positive spin, with all the flaming garbage around (pandemic, Brexit, bad press due to the Crown, lack of Cambs's numbers and work etc) I think both N10 and the Windsors were hoping for fawning press and people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
A third baby for Zara and Mike , hope all goes well for them and the pregnancy is a healthy and safe one.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.