The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, he does. With that family, many a road seems to lead to Oz... :oops:
Affairs galore in that family

I know of the Goldsmith rumour, it's also been discussed on tattle, but if we go by looks alone... Why are Peter and William so similar?
Also Diana, her brother Charles and their father all look very very alike. I find the similarity between Charles and Diana for whatever reason particularly now extremly striking, as Charles is older.
The 3 Spencer sisters don't look too alike on the surface, but when you compare them over the years you can also clearly see the family resemblance.
And it has seeped into the next generation, e.g. Diana's niece, Sarah's daughter, Celia McC. looks a lot like Diana.
Everyone talks about Kitty Spencer, as she seeks the limelight, but Kitty takes entirely after her own mother, Victoria.

When you google their pics, esp through the years, a family/DNA link is undeniable and voids the whole Goldsmith rumour.

I don't buy the Goldsmith fantasy for one second. I'd say cuckoos are far more rare than most would think and especially so before an "heir" (Charles is the youngest, the wife was not to "step out" before securing an heir).

Also, if Diana had been a Goldsmith, that would've been used in the divorce. Even Frances's own mother was against her, because John was the one with the title and influence. What better way to prove Frances to be an awful mother and human than throw an affair at her?
I suspect because aristos are so inbred, they all look similar 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I suspect because aristos are so inbred, they all look similar 😄
Literally what I wanted to write as well! 😂 🙈
I mean we do have the historically biological Adam and Eve, i.e. we do all come from the same ancestors, but the English upper class has an even shallower pool of common ancestors than the average person (in more recent generations, too).

Last evening I remembered I hadn't been on celebitchy in ages (not since I read their article on the whole Kate vs Tattler affair) and that I wanted to check out the comments.
The comments were really good, if anyone of you is interested in learning a bit more why people dislike Kate (& Will) and want to catch up a bit on a more realistic and honest history of them, I recommend you head over and read esp the comments.
The comments aren't a hate-cesspool where every single button and seam is taken apart and every single flick of the hand (literally, people would take apart every single coat as "shoddy work" of Kate's and I see the same happen to Meg and it's just too much, it's the type I find is hating for hate's sake), but honest and accurate. I went through the first page of the article linked under "Kate M"

There are also comments about Kate's inappropriate wardrobe, which made me remember when she used to wear jeggings to engagements, for years. So tight you could see everything and I bet they had to cut her out of those things at the end of the day. In particular what's burnt into my memory is this hideous disaster
Why she thought this is appropriate and professional attire, is beyond me.

I also read that Catherine Quinn left them, without a transition period, which is pretty shocking and hints at a bad state of affairs behind closed doors. If anyone thinks the Ssexes are the only ones with a revolving door of staff, I have a bridge to sell you. The Cambs (and the Waleses back in the day) were long famous for ever-changing staff. One gardener and his wife went from one royal household to the Cambs's at Anmer and left after 2 months, asking to be rotated elsewhere. This was a few years ago. Such things speak volumes.
She had their tennis court moved at Anmer, because she wanted "a nicer view". It was moved, cost a fortune and is now encoraching their neighbour's property (with his permission, obvs, but how frikkin selfish and shallow can you be??).

Quinn was fantastic, she also whipped Kate a bit into shape, there was a notable difference in her engagements, so I'm pretty sad that she's left (last year apparently!!).
The noted differences, incl these days, for which Kate gets praise (by me, too) are pretty small though. It's literally baby steps and things that should've happened within 1-2 years of her as royal.

The Ssexes do suck, but M out-worked K by miles. M's projects were good and actually did help some people (capsule collection, cookbook), whereas K has nothing to show for nearly 10 years. The 5 questions thing was pretty naff and useless. Research in that field has been done for ages and they brought nothing new to the table. It is literally to prop up K. KP deperately is trying to give her a longterm project for impact, but nothing works (almost any royal has some lifelong project, the Cambs don't. Charles and the Prince's Trust and organic farming, Camilla domestic abuse, Diana HIV/AIDS and landmines, Harry Invictus, Phil the Edinburgh Awards). She said herself earlier that she only became interested in kids since G came along. She blames "unhappy childhoods" on mental health issues, yet her brother has spoken about being depressed. Will has said earlier this year that quarantine was nice, as he could spend more time with the kids and didn't see them much last year. How? Where was he? He sure as heck isn't killing himself with engagements.

The beginning of K was all "she'll have only a handful of patronages, but work will be more concentrated". Cue donations for EACH dipping significantly, one charity shutting down and others complaining that Kate hadn't turnt up in years. Cue also constant press releases, after every childbirth and some inbetween, how "keen" she is "to hit the ground running" (after mat leave, once the new year starts... the goal posts kept being moved). Nothing ever happened. This was KP's literal wording in several press releases, which is why "keen" is kind of a catch-word in relation to Kate and you'll see that often mentioned in Celebitchy's comments. Someone wrote "kween of keen" and I snort-laughed.

Harry's thing was Heads Together, the Cambs latched onto that, his was Invictus and early on Will tried to latch onto that as well. So I do believe the Ssexes are very frustrated with the way things are run in the family. Whilst they are problematic, they don't talk entirely out of their arses.
The Ssexes with their work have made some difference and as their critics say they didn't want to be 2nd fiddle, I do agree, but H's (and then M's) work has been shafted because they can't outwork and outshine the heir, so the frustration is real. Imagine being Harry, having two great ideas and getting to work and your brother (or in the office co-worker) coming along for some credit and praise. That's fcked up.

I have written about this before, so I'm sorry for repeats and boring some of you who've read this, but Kate's "guest editor" stint at HuffPost has me still enraged, all these years later.
HuffPost literally moved their offices (desktop computers and all) for a day to KP to accommodate K, "for security reasons" (except Charles and Anne guest-edited magazines before and security was never an issue when the literal heir had to pop into a paper's offices, but mmmmkay).
Kate showed up late (even though she was at KP and they came to her office!!!) and a stint that was supposed to last all day, she stayed for... wait for it... 50 minutes. Met some kiddies along the way and then pissed-the-fck-off to go.... wait for THAT.. shopping. Yes. Madam was papped that day shopping in the High Street and the pic was released. This is especially huge, as at the time the Cambs sued the press at the drop of a hat and the lawyers wanted to leave the Winds's services because it became so much (I shyte you not, the lawyers would do some "pro bono"(!!!) work for the super rich Windsors (to keep them as clients and use that for their own PR, obvs, no altruism here!) and the Cambs exhausted all the free hours and the firm was about to charge the Windsors their hefty fees, which led to the Cambs receiving a bollocking from higher up to drop their shyte). Pap pics were extremely rare at the time (still are actually), the Cambs even put up signs illegally (!!!!) cutting off public paths declaring them "private property". The press was pissed at Kate for the bs she pulled with HuffPost and the press stuck together, so the pap pics were published.

The press has been pissed at the Cambs many times, but they would have "special events" wherein they'd invite a set press pack to KP and whip out the kids to perform like circus clowns, cue sudden sugary articles the next day. Journos have tweeted when they went to KP for this, it's well documented. This is ironic, considering Will complained so much about being used as kid for PR and how he'd never do that, yet, here we are. These are the people who after all made George meet Obama in his dressing gown for PR points. That was embarrassing and was ridiculed, rightly so.

For ladies who dress well and do well look at Victoria of Sweden, Letizia, Maxima... The little heirs of Europe are really well brought up and hugely accomplished, growing up multi-lingual. Leonor of Spain and Elisabeth of Belgium have given speeches in 3 languages. These two are kids, Elisabeth just turnt 18. Then you look at Britain's heir and his wife.... When teens do better than you, you really have to ask yourself some tough questions. Then K gets praise for the bare minimum and it's mindboggling.

This has been a long rant basically, but the discussions here and me heading over to celebitchy after a long time have really got me going. Haven't ever followed the Cambs as closely as many others did and way less in the recent few years, so my info has become shallower, but I see that little has in fact changed. Some things I wrote in this long-ass post are mentioned in the Celebitchy comments, but I wanted to mention some stuff extra.

At the beginning when Kate & Will became engaged I started following them a bit and was a bit of a sugar (though I just read articles and followed the pics) and couldn't understand the negative comments. After George was born I started to look closer and learn a bit about why people complained so much, started following some critical blogs etc and saw they had a point. That was the turning point for me, from (very shallow) admirer to critic. Been pretty critical of all of them, incl the Cambs ever since bothering to actually see what the nay-sayers were all about. In recent years I've pretty much only paid attention to Kate's outfits, because there's literally nothing else to talk about. :cautious:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Literally what I wanted to write as well! 😂 🙈
I mean we do have the historically biological Adam and Eve, i.e. we do all come from the same ancestors, but the English upper class has an even shallower pool of common ancestors than the average person (in more recent generations, too).

Last evening I remembered I hadn't been on celebitchy in ages (not since I read their article on the whole Kate vs Tattler affair) and that I wanted to check out the comments.
The comments were really good, if anyone of you is interested in learning a bit more why people dislike Kate (& Will) and want to catch up a bit on a more realistic and honest history of them, I recommend you head over and read esp the comments.
The comments aren't a hate-cesspool where every single button and seam is taken apart and every single flick of the hand (literally, people would take apart every single coat as "shoddy work" of Kate's and I see the same happen to Meg and it's just too much, it's the type I find is hating for hate's sake), but honest and accurate. I went through the first page of the article linked under "Kate M"

There are also comments about Kate's inappropriate wardrobe, which made me remember when she used to wear jeggings to engagements, for years. So tight you could see everything and I bet they had to cut her out of those things at the end of the day. In particular what's burnt into my memory is this hideous disaster
Why she thought this is appropriate and professional attire, is beyond me.

I also read that Catherine Quinn left them, without a transition period, which is pretty shocking and hints at a bad state of affairs behind closed doors. If anyone thinks the Ssexes are the only ones with a revolving door of staff, I have a bridge to sell you. The Cambs (and the Waleses back in the day) were long famous for ever-changing staff. One gardener and his wife went from one royal household to the Cambs's at Anmer and left after 2 months, asking to be rotated elsewhere. This was a few years ago. Such things speak volumes.
She had their tennis court moved at Anmer, because she wanted "a nicer view". It was moved, cost a fortune and is now encoraching their neighbour's property (with his permission, obvs, but how frikkin selfish and shallow can you be??).

Quinn was fantastic, she also whipped Kate a bit into shape, there was a notable difference in her engagements, so I'm pretty sad that she's left (last year apparently!!).
The noted differences, incl these days, for which Kate gets praise (by me, too) are pretty small though. It's literally baby steps and things that should've happened within 1-2 years of her as royal.

The Ssexes do suck, but M out-worked K by miles. M's projects were good and actually did help some people (capsule collection, cookbook), whereas K has nothing to show for nearly 10 years. The 5 questions thing was pretty naff and useless. Research in that field has been done for ages and they brought nothing new to the table. It is literally to prop up K. KP deperately is trying to give her a longterm project for impact, but nothing works (almost any royal has some lifelong project, the Cambs don't. Charles and the Prince's Trust and organic farming, Camilla domestic abuse, Diana HIV/AIDS and landmines, Harry Invictus, Phil the Edinburgh Awards). She said herself earlier that she only became interested in kids since G came along. She blames "unhappy childhoods" on mental health issues, yet her brother has spoken about being depressed. Will has said earlier this year that quarantine was nice, as he could spend more time with the kids and didn't see them much last year. How? Where was he? He sure as heck isn't killing himself with engagements.

The beginning of K was all "she'll have only a handful of patronages, but work will be more concentrated". Cue donations for EACH dipping significantly, one charity shutting down and others complaining that Kate hadn't turnt up in years. Cue also constant press releases, after every childbirth and some inbetween, how "keen" she is "to hit the ground running" (after mat leave, once the new year starts... the goal posts kept being moved). Nothing ever happened. This was KP's literal wording in several press releases, which is why "keen" is kind of a catch-word in relation to Kate and you'll see that often mentioned in Celebitchy's comments. Someone wrote "kween of keen" and I snort-laughed.

Harry's thing was Heads Together, the Cambs latched onto that, his was Invictus and early on Will tried to latch onto that as well. So I do believe the Ssexes are very frustrated with the way things are run in the family. Whilst they are problematic, they don't talk entirely out of their arses.
The Ssexes with their work have made some difference and as their critics say they didn't want to be 2nd fiddle, I do agree, but H's (and then M's) work has been shafted because they can't outwork and outshine the heir, so the frustration is real. Imagine being Harry, having two great ideas and getting to work and your brother (or in the office co-worker) coming along for some credit and praise. That's fcked up.

I have written about this before, so I'm sorry for repeats and boring some of you who've read this, but Kate's "guest editor" stint at HuffPost has me still enraged, all these years later.
HuffPost literally moved their offices (desktop computers and all) for a day to KP to accommodate K, "for security reasons" (except Charles and Anne guest-edited magazines before and security was never an issue when the literal heir had to pop into a paper's offices, but mmmmkay).
Kate showed up late (even though she was at KP and they came to her office!!!) and a stint that was supposed to last all day, she stayed for... wait for it... 50 minutes. Met some kiddies along the way and then pissed-the-fck-off to go.... wait for THAT.. shopping. Yes. Madam was papped that day shopping in the High Street and the pic was released. This is especially huge, as at the time the Cambs sued the press at the drop of a hat and the lawyers wanted to leave the Winds's services because it became so much (I shyte you not, the lawyers would do some "pro bono"(!!!) work for the super rich Windsors (to keep them as clients and use that for their own PR, obvs, no altruism here!) and the Cambs exhausted all the free hours and the firm was about to charge the Windsors their hefty fees, which led to the Cambs receiving a bollocking from higher up to drop their shyte). Pap pics were extremely rare at the time (still are actually), the Cambs even put up signs illegally (!!!!) cutting off public paths declaring them "private property". The press was pissed at Kate for the bs she pulled with HuffPost and the press stuck together, so the pap pics were published.

The press has been pissed at the Cambs many times, but they would have "special events" wherein they'd invite a set press pack to KP and whip out the kids to perform like circus clowns, cue sudden sugary articles the next day. Journos have tweeted when they went to KP for this, it's well documented. This is ironic, considering Will complained so much about being used as kid for PR and how he'd never do that, yet, here we are. These are the people who after all made George meet Obama in his dressing gown for PR points. That was embarrassing and was ridiculed, rightly so.

For ladies who dress well and do well look at Victoria of Sweden, Letizia, Maxima... The little heirs of Europe are really well brought up and hugely accomplished, growing up multi-lingual. Leonor of Spain and Elisabeth of Belgium have given speeches in 3 languages. These two are kids, Elisabeth just turnt 18. Then you look at Britain's heir and his wife.... When teens do better than you, you really have to ask yourself some tough questions. Then K gets praise for the bare minimum and it's mindboggling.

This has been a long rant basically, but the discussions here and me heading over to celebitchy after a long time have really got me going. Haven't ever followed the Cambs as closely as many others did and way less in the recent few years, so my info has become shallower, but I see that little has in fact changed. Some things I wrote in this long-ass post are mentioned in the Celebitchy comments, but I wanted to mention some stuff extra.

At the beginning when Kate & Will became engaged I started following them a bit and was a bit of a sugar (though I just read articles and followed the pics) and couldn't understand the negative comments. After George was born I started to look closer and learn a bit about why people complained so much, started following some critical blogs etc and saw they had a point. That was the turning point for me, from (very shallow) admirer to critic. Been pretty critical of all of them, incl the Cambs ever since bothering to actually see what the nay-sayers were all about. In recent years I've pretty much only paid attention to Kate's outfits, because there's literally nothing else to talk about. :cautious:
Great read @vikka 😄I'll have a read of that celebitchy article! Nobody seems to point out the main difference between the Cambridges and the Sussexes is that William and George are destined to be Heads of State. Harry is nowhere near the Throne. Nothing that he does will have any constitutional significance at all. Having workshy layabouts as future Heads of State and parents of head of state will have constitutional significance if people question what the point of the Monarchy is. As you pointed out, money to charities drops when Royals get involved in patronage, possibly because people dont like charities wasting money repainting their premises every time theres a Royal visit! Added to that, young people dont give a stuff about them so the 'work' they do will diminish as they get asked to do less and less. The Cambridges are the ones that gain from keeping the Monarchy alive. They should be putting in the lions share of the hard graft, but they dont.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think WIlliam looks like a younger Zac Goldsmith but that opens up another can of worms entirely...

Also, re Australia - doesn’t Captain Mark Phillips have a child there who was conceived whilst he was still married to Anne?
New Zealand. Felicity Tonkin who he has never publicly acknowledged (DNA test and support court case) and his other children have never contacted. She's an equine vet and married a polo player; they have a child, who again has never been acknowledged as a grandchild. There's another daughter by his second wife before he dumped her for yet another woman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I hardly EVER post but while we are still sort of on the subject of illegitimate children, I have something to offer.

Years back my grandmother told me that she knew of someone living on the Gower (near Swansea) who is known as the Duke because he is rumoured to be the offspring of Prince Phillip. I never thought to quiz her on it at the time (she was born in 1912) as I was so young but I really wish I had!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Ive been watching ' Diana in her own words' in snippets because its quite long. Its quite a hard watch. That poor woman was driven half mad by both the Royals and the Press. Im not surprised Harry buggered off. She doesn't sound mentally unstable at all. She sounds very clear remembers specific details of what happened to her and how she felt. I wonder if any of the journalists who hassled her constantly asking her questions feel their behaviour wad inappropriate or whether any of the people shouting and screaming outside a hospital waiting for a 20 year old girl to give birth feel that was an appropriate way to behave? She said she was bulimic throughout the pregnancy as well as having morning sickness but the Royals just thought she was a ' problem' Daisy Goodwin ( who wrote 'Victoria') said about the Netflix story that maybe there should be a ' fiction' warning on any Royal Wedding coverage from Charles and Di's wedding and other publicity puff the Royals do. They are the ones passing off a fantasy as reality. The Cambridges pretending they are ordinary parents juggling work and home when they have an army of nannies and servants should probably also carry a ' fiction' warning 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Catherine Quinn is still Kate's private secretary

Reactions: 3
Ive been watching ' Diana in her own words' in snippets because its quite long. Its quite a hard watch. That poor woman was driven half mad by both the Royals and the Press. Im not surprised Harry buggered off. She doesn't sound mentally unstable at all. She sounds very clear remembers specific details of what happened to her and how she felt. I wonder if any of the journalists who hassled her constantly asking her questions feel their behaviour wad inappropriate or whether any of the people shouting and screaming outside a hospital waiting for a 20 year old girl to give birth feel that was an appropriate way to behave? She said she was bulimic throughout the pregnancy as well as having morning sickness but the Royals just thought she was a ' problem' Daisy Goodwin ( who wrote 'Victoria') said about the Netflix story that maybe there should be a ' fiction' warning on any Royal Wedding coverage from Charles and Di's wedding and other publicity puff the Royals do. They are the ones passing off a fantasy as reality. The Cambridges pretending they are ordinary parents juggling work and home when they have an army of nannies and servants should probably also carry a ' fiction' warning 😂
What does ‘mentally unstable’ sound like?

What does ‘mentally unstable’ sound like?
I don't know. I think that's what Penny Junor needs to be asked. She was the one who's been saying it for 20 + years in her dogged defence of Charles.

Reactions: 2
I don't know. I think that's what Penny Junor needs to be asked. She was the one who's been saying it for 20 + years in her dogged defence of Charles.
But you seem to think you know what it doesn’t sound like, so surely by extension you must have an idea what it does sound like. FWIW, I think Diana was mentally unstable, but I base that on her reported actions such as throwing herself downstairs attention.

But you seem to think you know what it doesn’t sound like, so surely by extension you must have an idea what it does sound like. FWIW, I think Diana was mentally unstable, but I base that on her reported actions such as throwing herself downstairs attention.
I believe she had mental health problems and clearly depression. She was bullimic and as you said threw herself down the stairs while pregnant. But I believe that she was driven to it by the Royal Family and Charles' treatment of her. Before she married there was no history of any mental illness. Royal arselickers have dismissed her words about how badly she was treated by saying she was lying and was a fantasist. Textbook gaslighting. As I said, she spoke clearly, gave evidence of dates and times, explained very clearly what was happened to her and why she felt the way she did. It didnt sound like a fantastical story. It sounded like a woman explaining how badly she was treated by her husband and his family.

Reactions: 12
Catherine Quinn is still Kate's private secretary

No, she quit, I checked. She might be in a government role, but she quit working for the Cambs Nov 2019 and left after that Xmas.
She was with them for just 2 years. Seems she isn't working for any Windsor. Her qualifications and experience were fantastic, a shame she left.

Quinn quit/gave notice in Nov 2019, left Dec '19 and another woman was hired in Jan 2020.
Quinn might now be working for the gov (still/again), hence this profile page.

If I'm not mistaken, no Windsor staff is listed on the gov page. I think they are, if at all, listed on the Windsor's site(s).
Not entirely sure though.

Last edited:
I believe she had mental health problems and clearly depression. She was bullimic and as you said threw herself down the stairs while pregnant. But I believe that she was driven to it by the Royal Family and Charles' treatment of her. Before she married there was no history of any mental illness. Royal arselickers have dismissed her words about how badly she was treated by saying she was lying and was a fantasist. Textbook gaslighting. As I said, she spoke clearly, gave evidence of dates and times, explained very clearly what was happened to her and why she felt the way she did. It didnt sound like a fantastical story. It sounded like a woman explaining how badly she was treated by her husband and his family.
Diana's MH issues predated her joining the Royal Family. She had a history of bulimia long before she met Charles and was deeply traumatised by the breakdown of her parents marriage and a childhood which was, at times, terribly unhappy. She thought that by marrying Charles she would find the stability she craved and she was wrong. They, in turn, had no idea how to deal with someone who was so open about her emotional needs. Ultimately it was a recipe for disaster.

There's no question she was treated very badly by the Royal Family but she very quickly grew to understand the power her position and popularity gave her and used it to her advantage at every given opportunity. I have watched that documentary too and it's very compelling but you have to remember that is only one side of a very complex story - no programme called "Diana in her own words" is going to give you the full story. There was fault on both sides and in the end they were both as bad as each other.

Reactions: 11
Working for the Windsors is not the same as working for the government. Working for the Windsors just means you work for one branch of the establishment, but you're not a government worker.

The Establishment ("grey men" as Diana called them, or as some say "the powers that be") is made up of:
The Windsors/royals (incl. the crown/monarch; i.e. the currently ruling dynasty and its head)
The government/Westminster/politicians
The peerage/members of the realm
The Church of England
Civilians hired by any of the above (esp. those in admin roles).

The Windsors's courtiers are made up of various branches of the Establishment + civilians/direct hires (e.g. private secretaries).

The Establishment is at the end who made David/EdVIII abdicate. No, not because of his Nazi sympathies, as most of the Upper Class (i.e. establishment) were Nazi sympathisers. It was his "radical thinking", like caring for working class people, visiting slums and shaking their hands, dressing "inappropriately" (e.g. dressing for golf similarly like people dress for golf today, back then it was "egocentric" and not the dress code), wanting positive change for the poor, not inviting the Archbishop of Canterbury to his private hols at Sandringham/Balmoral (his reasoning was it was his private holiday, why should he entertain his work colleague/s? But work colleagues were always traditionally invited and hosted at that time of year in that place, so David was "out of line" and the Yorks (Liz queen mum & Albert/GeorgeVI) then hosted the Archbishop and effectively created, with the help of the Establishment, a shadow court, which is a massive no-no in any period!).
What then finally broke Dave's neck was that he was ok with the plan for the Nazis to invade Britain and he be the king of that "government".
I somewhat assume Dave didn't think his willingness for that plan was too bad, since the majority of his peers was pro-N anyway, but the Establishment didn't want to lose independence under any circumstances, so Dave had to go, which solved the other pesky problems, like Dave's fantasy of improving the quality of life of the working class.

Diana's mental health..... I think that's a mix of: 1. actually needing help (childhood trauma) 2. being driven crazy by the Windsors and 3. Charles's friends spreading rumours about her having mental health issues, which wasn't really true anywhere near that extent (if at all frankly), but it was part of the Walses's war and Chuck's propaganda.
Amazingly, Charles & Diana had made up towards the end of her life and she even said she'd marry him again if he asked.
I also think that the whole Bashir revelations prove why Diana was so paranoid and believed so many bad things. Charles and his friends were actively leaking to the press as did courtiers babble to Charles about her, then Bashir with "proof" of pay-offs, leaked phone calls in the press, blatant lies by Charles's camp, the law that any children belong to the crown/monarch and honestly, who wouldn't crack and think the phones were bugged and spies everywhere? I know it would drive me mad.

And profile pages tend to not be updated regularly (whether that's the gov's or a company's), so the gov profile page saying she works still for the Cambs is not surprising. I've seen a lot worse in terms of "hasn't been updated in what seems decades".

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
What's everyone's thoughts on Kate & Wills doing the tour of the UK on the Royal train? I think it's a bit unnecessary to be travelling around with rising covid rates, especially in central Scotland and Wales.

Apparently Nicola Sturgeon warned Kensington Palace against coming (I can't stand that woman, she hates anything English, and I am actually Scottish) but she is one to talk going from different tiers every day...

Reactions: 7
What's everyone's thoughts on Kate & Wills doing the tour of the UK on the Royal train? I think it's a bit unnecessary to be travelling around with rising covid rates, especially in central Scotland and Wales.

Apparently Nicola Sturgeon warned Kensington Palace against coming (I can't stand that woman, she hates anything English, and I am actually Scottish) but she is one to talk going from different tiers every day...

Dumb dumb dumb. Wasn’t enough when Brian brought covid with him up to Balmoral earlier this year?

I wonder if the Cambridge’s loser PR is reading sites like this that have little patience for the lazy pair. So they have stuck them out on a ”tour” / closest thing the pair can get to working that also doubles as a holiday.

Also, they seem to be directly competing with the Sussexes for attention. I mean, stick Cambridge lady has now got some proper plastic surgery done and a new wig that she’s showing off from her zoom calls from her palace. I bet she wouldn’t have bothered if her sister in law hadn’t.

I’m not a sugar - but it’s not an either / or. They are all awful.

Reactions: 8
Nothing like having an entire train to yourselves up and down the country to help the environment eh.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Nothing like having an entire train to yourselves up and down the country to help the environment eh.
It's just absurd isn't it. It was used 3 times between 2019/2020 at a cost of £63,000 and it costs an extra £300,000 a year in service costs.

Why do 2 people need 7 carriages? I know they'll have their staff on board but it truly is ridiculous.

It's just absurd isn't it. It was used 3 times between 2019/2020 at a cost of £63,000 and it costs an extra £300,000 a year in service costs.

Why do 2 people need 7 carriages? I know they'll have their staff on board but it truly is ridiculous.
It depends on what value you put on the country’s prestige. It’s hardly Airforce One, and they should never have decommissioned the Royal Yacht.

• Haha
It depends on what value you put on the country’s prestige. It’s hardly Airforce One, and they should never have decommissioned the Royal Yacht.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think that?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.