The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is demeaning. She doesn't even look white, she looks mixed race. Criticised for not being black enough and being too sad about dead parents. Honestly I could criticise loads about them but never that.
Agree with this entirely, but, as much as “white passing” may be offensive terminology, (and she has indeed suffered public and I assume private racism), MM’s acting bio stated she was caucasian IIRC. If someone (or someone’s agent) describes them as caucasian when they are mixed race, surely the purpose is to pass them as white (for roles, not necessarily in life of course)? I may be wrong and haven’t searched the H&M thread for receipts as there’s too much mental to wade through. I don’t have a dislike for her in particular, I dislike most of the royals equally. (Randy Andy is another category altogether).

Q for those of you better informed, would PP normally have been treated at his residence for as long as possible / until it wasn’t possible to do so any longer?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
[

Harry’s image needed rehabilitating and the government and army needed some positive spin for the very unpopular war in Iraq. It was a wonderful piece of PR that clearly worked.

My brother was a couple of years above Harry at Sandringham and also served in Afghanistan. He paints a very different picture of Harry’s army career than your relative. According to him he was in no way treated like any other officer nor did he act like one. Aside from the team of SAS trained officers assigned to shadow and protect him at all times, he was cosseted and fawned over and promoted far and above his capabilities. He had privileges and access to facilities that no officer of his rank did and he made full use of the privilege. It could be advantageous for other soldiers to hang around with Harry as they benefited from being his pal. I can’t repeat how my brother describes the “hangers on” as I would likely be kicked off tattle. Harry was known to have an inconsistent work ethic. He could be very hard working when he wanted to be but could also be incredibly lazy. He was said to lack focus and often gave up when things became challenging for him. This type of behaviour isn’t typical in the army as officers don’t get to pick and choose when they put in the graft.

The British press can be total c*nts but they are not the reason Harry had to return from Afghanistan. They had actually stuck to their agreement to keep his location secret. His location was outed by a US website and the army immediately shipped home. This had already happened before it was reported in the British newspapers.
Thank you for your direct knowledge. I think we are all a bit fed-up of JCMH as a war hero. We know he did nothing and is a pompous privileged ass. He is incapable of sticking at anything except laziness.

Reactions: 9
My understanding of the term 'white passing' (not meant to offend or speak over the opinions of those who are mixed race) was that it is used as a sympathetic term, describing those who were lighter skin mixed race (I think predominantly in America in the earlier 20th century) who denied their black ancestry as a survival technique, and as a result had to struggle with a loss of part of their identity and place in the world and their own history. If people are now using it to suggest 'oh she's white passing so she hasn't experienced racism' then that's disgusting.

Reactions: 5
Why is the independent doing a live from outside the hospital? I’m sure they haven’t done this in the past?!
Has he died? Awaiting news?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I immediately came here after seeing the news, someone deffo said a few days ago that they’ve put on alert for a death in the RF

Reactions: 6
I immediately came here after seeing the news, someone deffo said a few days ago that they’ve put on alert for a death in the RF
I immediately thought of the poster who said that when I saw the breaking news 😬

Reactions: 7
As soon as I saw the headline about PP going into hospital, I came straight here.
I’m a ghoul and not even sorry 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think the announcement has to come from the palace so not sure why they’re reporting from outside the hospital

I think the announcement has to come from the palace so not sure why they’re reporting from outside the hospital
They did the same when Kate was in labour, I think it’s probably to drive clicks and make people think the worst.

Reactions: 4
It's just an excuse to jazz it up to say "behind me" and have a change from reporting outside the palace or castle.

Praying it makes it through to see the Oprah special

Reactions: 8
There's always a rumour he's dead. We've had the rule that he can't be on anyone's death prediction list for the last 5 years.

I'll be shocked when he does pass.

Reactions: 8
Am really hoping Prince Philip makes his 100th birthday. He’s Said he doesn’t want a big funeral but he deserves a great send off. 70 years +service to the UK.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I‘m sorry if I offended you. I wasn’t accusing you of being dishonest just giving an alternative viewpoint on the “just like everyone else” narrative from soldiers who were stationed in the same army bases as Harry during the conflict. My brother spent a considerable time in Afghanistan and was stationed in Bastion at the same time as a Harry, although he wasn‘t friends with him (obviously) 😬.
No offence taken, it's not my story to tell, just second hand info from someone who was wit him in Sandringham and Afghanistan. Im not a fan of the royals at all but id certainly take Harry over the rest of them, there's no getting away from the fact he's extremely privileged though and has recieved special treatment his whole life, im just recalling a relatives personal take on time spent with him in response to the original post about how he never did his share of meet and greets etc.

Anyways, im thinking Prince Philip has popped his clogs...

Reactions: 4
I think he is stubborn enough not to die yet (or if you believe the other side, stubborn enough to die to steal H&Ms thunder). But, my experience, with very old people is that at one point they are fine with it. It must be extremely strange to be the last ones standing. He and the Queen come from a very different live. They adapted well, but they must feel like aliens sometimes.
The Dubai headlines will be interesting to watch. Dubai’s ruler is extremely friendly with most governments and holds significant parts in infrastructure in other countries. They have also driven a massive PR strategy. Just look at all the Influencers who have been on a gifted holiday there (it seems every uk influencer was). And from other countries they actually got people to move there to post only positive stuff about Dubai (GER and CAN are the ones I definitely know of). I wish we could be sure that HMQ is only “friendly” with him as it is her job (same with Trump or Orban) but there is no way to know. Honestly, though as she holds no real power I am more concerned about the behaviour of our elected governments.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.