The Receipts Podcast

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone on lipstick alley is claiming to have heard from a source that Milena didn’t renew her 2 year Spotify contract so she can pursue music so was basically forced to leave. This is why they had to scrap the pre recorded episodes and why she wasn’t allowed to come to the studio to announce her leave
I don’t think this is true, firstly I doubt someone from lipstick alley would have read their contract, secondly doesn’t explain why she didn’t announce it herself, why the didn’t thank her, the lack of social media interaction when normally they go all out for each others birthday, the posts about outgrowing a situation/blaming other people for your problems and most importantly Tolly’s attitude to Milena in the past few episodes

Reactions: 7
I don’t think this is true, firstly I doubt someone from lipstick alley would have read their contract, secondly doesn’t explain why she didn’t announce it herself, why the didn’t thank her, the lack of social media interaction when normally they go all out for each others birthday, the posts about outgrowing a situation/blaming other people for your problems and most importantly Tolly’s attitude to Milena in the past few episodes
Could have been going on for months - the awkwardness could have been due to T/A agreeing to the contract and M holding it back? Stopping them from collecting their bag

Reactions: 1
Waiting for her new reality to sink in… it’s all fun and games when all they do is sleep, eat and need changing. Wait a few months and she’ll know all about it. I still think if they were on good terms why couldn’t they have a decent send off for Milena, they didn’t even say thanks for all the years etc which was really strange. Kinda acted like she died or left in disgrace, not she’s going on to other things and we’ll miss her. I don’t understand that part. A part of me thought it was down to friendship rifts outside the pod too. Audrey had a big thank you post to Tolly on twitter about getting her a Gucci changing bag for her baby. Didn’t make a post about Milena for her birthday just some weird behaviours like that seems to indicate more than some contract issues but it’s another story I guess.
She must be still in the that newborn “bubble” I remember it well 😅
I also thought Audrey becoming a mum would make Milena and her a bit closer?

Reactions: 3
I kept meaning to listen to their podcast during lockdown - I still haven't. You'd never think the trio worked together or were close friends as I never see Audrey or Tolly @ Milena or RT her tweets. Strange dynamic.

The lack of sincerity in the announcement Milena is leaving, says a lot tbh.

Reactions: 4
She must be still in the that newborn “bubble” I remember it well 😅
I also thought Audrey becoming a mum would make Milena and her a bit closer?
Oh I had my own life changing experience when my son was born. He’s still only a toddler and life really changed so much I’m a completely different person now. I thought so too. She didn’t talk about her pregnancy or anything much either which kinda disappointed me at the time, I like to hear that stuff now that I’m a mum too but I guess the receipts audience may not be the same as pregnancy chat/mum life so I totally get it and she was prob trying to hang on to that fun part of her life. Lol for now 🤣

Reactions: 2
Could have been going on for months - the awkwardness could have been due to T/A agreeing to the contract and M holding it back? Stopping them from collecting their bag
the awkwardness has been going on for years though and probably was what was caused Milena to leave rather than the other way around. It’s not like everything was great prior to this, they’d even mentioned the rumours about Tolly disliking milena at the beginning of the pod.

also, apparently Tollys attitude towards Milena practising tarot in last weeks episode got her a sub tweet from Kelechi who read tarot for them in a recent episode. Kelechi made a little dig about it in her pod this week so the tension may be more obvious than we think to their peers

Reactions: 6
People are going in on A&T hard, on Twitter. Don't be surprised if their podcast doesn't continue and they rebrand completely.

Reactions: 10
Same cos why would she choose not to?
Exactly it just is totally out of character for Milena not to. She’s very soft and wears her heart on her sleeve it’s so obvious.

One thing I will say, regardless of anything, Audrey is a new mum & her hormones will be all over the place, I know from experience and I don’t think coming down on her too hard is the right approach either. I think she shouldn’t have said anything and maybe address it in the future. The internet never forgets sigh.

Reactions: 6
Someone on lipstick alley is claiming to have heard from a source that Milena didn’t renew her 2 year Spotify contract so she can pursue music so was basically forced to leave. This is why they had to scrap the pre recorded episodes and why she wasn’t allowed to come to the studio to announce her leave
I went over and apparently that "Source" Pretends to know everybody in the business

But onto Audrey tweet. Why is she forever Tollys bodyguard. Girl. You a new mum

And I don't buy it ONE BIT
---
I'm sorry but from page 1 of this thread
Page 1 of lipstick Alley

People have said Tolly especially has bullied Milena. It's not a new phenomenon

Reactions: 11
I don’t believe this at all.
Shade borough posted the tweet and Audrey’s sister is going to war in the comments 😬

she shouldn’t have said anything, it would’ve all died down. Don’t they always say ‘don’t take paracetamol for someone else’s headache’?? I would say 5% of the negativity mentioned Audrey as well as Tolly. The rest was all directed at Tolly. Audrey should’ve sat there and ate her food I’m sorry

Reactions: 14
shame to hear this, hope Milena is ok, she seems like a nice girl and has been through a lot. wish her nothing but success and happiness

Reactions: 5
If nothing has gone on between them, Milena would have said something to defend them.

Reactions: 12
I thought this too. Milena has come out in the past to dispel rumours but hasn’t said anything this time. The language used in the statements & Audrey’s tweets are extremely coded. A lot of the story lies in what they haven’t said and they’ve made it blatantly obvious.

Especially Audrey replying “believe what you want”. Sorry but her tweet basically throws Milena under the bus too and confirms they haven’t ended on good terms.

Reactions: 11
Milena was on Instagram live earlier and a few people asked what happened. She said she will never talk about it, that she’s happy and ‘choose peace guys’

• Wow
Reactions: 13
They're teasing new branding! I like it but am still hoping for a new permenant 43rd host. It can't just be the two of them blowing smoke up each others arses for an hour every week but it equally can't be a rotation of guests because we all know how unlistenable it is when a guest is in the studio.

All the above is said with love obviously 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oooo idk about this new look! Looks a bit too much like all the other podcasts out there. I liked the Spotify studio, idk. Maybe it’s just something we’ll have to get used to. Still curious if they’re going to have rotating guests or just the pair of them… that will make or break it for me.

I really want them to dedicate a section of the first episode to Milena, out of respect if not anything else! It’s not gonna happen but one can hope! I think I remember Audrey saying somewhere that she’s saving her birth story for the podcast, so I hope we get to hear more about that too!!

think it’s starting up again 3rd January…

1702903190707.png

Reactions: 3