The Receipts Podcast

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was a very ‘sorry you were offended’ apology. Why couldn’t they have just said ‘sorry, it was bang out of order and it won’t happen again’?

At least Milena said that listening back, it sounded distasteful - I guess that’s something…

Didn’t like Audrey comparing it to doing Irish accents and imitating Pooja - that was weird. The issue was that the caricature accent they gave Jay Sean was nothing like his accent in those songs?? He sounded very american, as a lot of people do when they sing sooo… why the accent, girls?

Overall a disappointing apology and I’m now giving them all huge side eye.
Audrey actually said "we move" 🙃🙃🙃

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I just knew it would be a sorry you were offended apology. Don’t know why I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Guaranteed if it was the other way round they would all be kicking off

Also find it strange that Tolly remained silent throughout the whole apology. Although she didn’t mimic the accent she still joined in with the laughing and then went on to edit it and thought it was fine to keep in

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I just knew it would be a sorry you were offended apology. Don’t know why I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Guaranteed if it was the other way round they would all be kicking off

Also find it strange that Tolly remained silent throughout the whole apology. Although she didn’t mimic the accent she still joined in with the laughing and then went on to edit it and thought it was fine to keep in
The only time she spoke was to crack a joke at the end if it (to Milena). Honestly, I'm quite disappointed too. Thought they'd handle it better, considering they act 'woke'. And considering they have a book out that needs to sell.

They clearly think they are untouchable now, with the success of the podcast and their book.

They have always been a bit rough (in early episodes of the pod I’m sure they spoke about how they would steal food at uni, and shoplift food through supermarket self-scanner).

The nasty racist accent incident makes no sense. Why would Jay Sean (who is as British as any of them)? And the complete non-apology adds insult to injury. These are their true colours and they have shown themselves to be absolute pricks.

Reactions: 5
Literally this, I agree. They come off so arrogant now and think they can do and say anything they want without any repercussions. Really makes me sick. They are all absolute pricks, can't stand them.

The worst part is there are actually people sticking up for them on Twitter

Reactions: 4
Started listening to the first episodes of the podcast with pheobe and am wondering what happened with her? Also was she well liked? Because I find her really stuck up and I don’t like listening to her

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Started listening to the first episodes of the podcast with pheobe and am wondering what happened with her? Also was she well liked? Because I find her really stuck up and I don’t like listening to her
I’ve been listening since the first few episodes & I really liked her, but I’m stuck up too lool. She explains why she left on the podcast, can’t 100% remember her exact reasonings but I feel like the direction of the podcast wasn’t really aligning with her personal brand of serious journo / god and church / etc? This was a good while in and iirc after they’d done the first few live shows so maybe that made her realise how many people were actually listening to it and spooked her? She kept the episodes on her personal portfolio so she can’t have been too ashamed of them tho…

I’ve been listening since the first few episodes & I really liked her, but I’m stuck up too lool. She explains why she left on the podcast, can’t 100% remember her exact reasonings but I feel like the direction of the podcast wasn’t really aligning with her personal brand of serious journo / god and church / etc? This was a good while in and iirc after they’d done the first few live shows so maybe that made her realise how many people were actually listening to it and spooked her? She kept the episodes on her personal portfolio so she can’t have been too ashamed of them tho…
Yeah it was to do with her religion. I don't think she was ashamed of the show, but I do think she felt a bit uncomfortable talking about sexual stuff which doesn't take up a lot of the show but the others are more comfortable talking about. She would often just sit there quietly, especially through some of the dilemmas and there was an episode where she doesn't even want to share when she last had sex (which she was within her rights not to disclose, of course) but I remember that whole section being a bit awkward.
It wouldn't have worked in the long run.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Their book is out tomorrow 👀 I don't read (dyslexia, adhd etc) but will be interested to see what people think when they read it! Anyone on here planning on reading? The section at the beginning of this weeks episode makes it sound like it will be a very open and honest book, especially about Audrey's marriage.

Their book is out tomorrow 👀 I don't read (dyslexia, adhd etc) but will be interested to see what people think when they read it! Anyone on here planning on reading? The section at the beginning of this weeks episode makes it sound like it will be a very open and honest book, especially about Audrey's marriage.
I was SO excited for this book, but ngl when they started canvassing Twitter for dilemmas I did wonder if it was just going to be filler? I love the your receipts episode but I don’t rly wanna spend £16.99 (I’m guessing as it’s hardback?) to read about someone’s MIL doing a poo in the bath. For me it’s not the format. Then the weird Indian / Irish thing made me think double yikes.

I have it on pre order so expect it to arrive tomorrow! I’ll let you know!

• Heart
I just received my copy of the book in the post. Like it so far. The illustrations remind me of Jacqueline Wilson books I used to read when I was young 😇🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
The book is good, Audrey's chapters read the best. Slightly underwhelmed by Tolly's, I felt like her chapters were the most regurgitated information, a lot of it we knew. But Audrey & Milena's chapters do them so much justice. I would recommend getting the audiobook though, It's even better hearing them read their stories.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The book is good, Audrey's chapters read the best. Slightly underwhelmed by Tolly's, I felt like her chapters were the most regurgitated information, a lot of it we knew. But Audrey & Milena's chapters do them so much justice. I would recommend getting the audiobook though, It's even better hearing them read their stories.
oooo I forgot it would be them reading their own bits - will definitely consider buying that then! Will be like on long podcast haha

Thanks for the review!!

Reactions: 2
Did anyone go to the shows yday? I was there and it was actually really good! Main takeaway from it was that Audrey and Nick are back together!! she is back wearing her wedding ring and said they're 'working things out'!!! So happy for her.

I haven't got to the chapter where she discusses her divorce yet but will be an interesting experience, knowing that they're now back together.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Did anyone go to the shows yday? I was there and it was actually really good! Main takeaway from it was that Audrey and Nick are back together!! she is back wearing her wedding ring and said they're 'working things out'!!! So happy for her.

I haven't got to the chapter where she discusses her divorce yet but will be an interesting experience, knowing that they're now back together.
omg this is amazing news! i hope it works out for them :) glad you had a good time at the show

Wait, what?! I’ve not listened to the main podcast in ages - since Skepta/Julie/JME’s mum was on - can someone please explain this?!

Glad you had fun - the venue looked amazing! x

Reactions: 3
I haven’t got very far in the book because reading makes me so tired 🤣 so far I agree with the above. I feel with Tolly there’s nothing I didn’t know ?! Im considering watching the stream of the live show yesterday I think it’s still available to watch until Sunday but I’m not sure if it’ll be a waste of a tenner 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1