The Real Housewives #12 Money can’t buy you class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RHO Cheshire missed the mark so badly, it had potential to be one of the best franchises ever given the money and the calibre of the footballers wives in the area however instead we got gobby Wardy and her rented mansion and trashy Tanya.

Just finished SLC, I personally loved Sydney - less screaming, more spending which is why I love the show, BH is not hitting this year its background noise for me, Miami is grating on me thanks to Lisa - is UGT 4 worth watching?

Reactions: 6
RHO Cheshire missed the mark so badly, it had potential to be one of the best franchises ever given the money and the calibre of the footballers wives in the area however instead we got gobby Wardy and her rented mansion and trashy Tanya.

Just finished SLC, I personally loved Sydney - less screaming, more spending which is why I love the show, BH is not hitting this year its background noise for me, Miami is grating on me thanks to Lisa - is UGT 4 worth watching?
I'm watching the second UGT, has never seen any of them and I chose it solely because its at bluestone Manor, only 3eps in so far but brandy is a mess which I love. The two camera clips annoy me though they're so overly set up you can basically see them reading from a script

Reactions: 2
Watching Potomac and so bored I decided to see what Mia looked like pre surgery

189071_516077035687_2773_n.jpg

This was 2005

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh wow. She looks like a completely different woman. You would never put the two as the same person.

I’m team Teresa purely for being the original and Theo my reason Melissa wanted on the show was for money and to outdo Tre!

Oh wow. She looks like a completely different woman. You would never put the two as the same person.

I’m team Teresa purely for being the original and Theo my reason Melissa wanted on the show was for money and to outdo Tre!
Call me crazy, but I truly believe if the gorgas were to split up, Joey would want to reconcile with Tre. I don't believe if Tre were to break up with louie, she'd want to reconcile with Joey.

The fact that nonna and nonno never cared for Joey and Melissa speaks volumes to me. Joe giudice was a terrible husband/ father for what he put tre through, but his good relationship with his parents in law post conviction shows that he at least established good relationships with them before shot hit the fan. I don't believe if Joey had a good relationship with his parent tre and joe would be able to poison them against them. When Tre was in prison, the giudice girls said the gorgas only showed up to help when cameras were running, and watching Joey bad mouth Joe giudice directly to gias face was uncalled for. I don't trust the gorgas and I believe Joey is a crook too, he just better at it than joe giudice.

I hope the gorga/ giudice cousins are able to have a good relationship even if their parents don't. From the looks of it, the laurita siblings and their kids are estranged too. No seems to have gone to albies recent wedding, and dina/chris/Caroline's dad has refused to speak to Caroline since she wrote that letter defending her abusive brother in law

Reactions: 5
Call me crazy, but I truly believe if the gorgas were to split up, Joey would want to reconcile with Tre. I don't believe if Tre were to break up with louie, she'd want to reconcile with Joey.

The fact that nonna and nonno never cared for Joey and Melissa speaks volumes to me. Joe giudice was a terrible husband/ father for what he put tre through, but his good relationship with his parents in law post conviction shows that he at least established good relationships with them before shot hit the fan. I don't believe if Joey had a good relationship with his parent tre and joe would be able to poison them against them. When Tre was in prison, the giudice girls said the gorgas only showed up to help when cameras were running, and watching Joey bad mouth Joe giudice directly to gias face was uncalled for. I don't trust the gorgas and I believe Joey is a crook too, he just better at it than joe giudice.

I hope the gorga/ giudice cousins are able to have a good relationship even if their parents don't. From the looks of it, the laurita siblings and their kids are estranged too. No seems to have gone to albies recent wedding, and dina/chris/Caroline's dad has refused to speak to Caroline since she wrote that letter defending her abusive brother in law
Inthink part of the fact they didn't like Melissa was the fact she wasn't Italian though(just my idea) I don't understand how you could like someone like Joe giuduce who treated your daughter so awfully

Reactions: 4
Inthink part of the fact they didn't like Melissa was the fact she wasn't Italian though(just my idea) I don't understand how you could like someone like Joe giuduce who treated your daughter so awfully
Yes. They all got on fine until Joe got engaged to Melissa and Tre took a dislike to her. Melissa didn’t “need” Tre as she had her own sisters and was unable to be controlled by Tre. That’s was the catalyst of the downfall. I fully believe Tre turned their parents against Melissa. Her attitude was that Joe / Melissa should have been running about and helping out with the parents (before they took ill) because she chose to.

Reactions: 8
Lord forgive me for laughing😩

---
Her surname was Marco so I'm pretty sure she's Italian. She also though melissa was a stripper, but again that wouldve been easy to find out too. Amber marchese was friends with melissa pre marriage, she qould have happily exposed melissa if she was. Maybe melissa isn't fully Italian and remember Teresa looked down her nose on caroline because she couldn't speak the language 🤦🏾‍♀️

Teresa is soo stoopid sometimes, it's hard to defend her

Reactions: 10
Potomac needs to be axed, it’s such a snooze fest. When I see the ‘previously’ part at the start of the episode, I genuinely can’t remember what has happened. I’m even feeling the same about Miami, it’s actually boring atm.

Reactions: 7
Melissa's of Italian origin but her ancestors immigrated such a long time ago that she has no real connection to the country. Thats why Teresa looked down on her and people like her (Caroline). Teresa's viewpoint is pretty common amongst most immigrant communities in the US. Since Teresa's 1st gen she's seen as more Italian. Plus she still has family she talks to in Italy and a hometown/family home in Italy, so she's seen as Italian. Whereas, ppl like Melissa and Caroline who don't have that, are seen as Americans who have Italian ancestry.

Reactions: 9
Lord forgive me for laughing😩

---

Her surname was Marco so I'm pretty sure she's Italian. She also though melissa was a stripper, but again that wouldve been easy to find out too. Amber marchese was friends with melissa pre marriage, she qould have happily exposed melissa if she was. Maybe melissa isn't fully Italian and remember Teresa looked down her nose on caroline because she couldn't speak the language 🤦🏾‍♀️

Teresa is soo stoopid sometimes, it's hard to defend her
Err Teresa can't speak Italian. She can do a few words but not a conversation and her pronunciation/accent is terrible. Every time she tries to say 'sempre insieme' I think a random in my local would be able to do a better accent.

Err Teresa can't speak Italian. She can do a few words but not a conversation and her pronunciation/accent is terrible. Every time she tries to say 'sempre insieme' I think a random in my local would be able to do a better accent.
Really? I remember Teresa speaking Italian throughout the show - especially to her parents
Melissa's of Italian origin but her ancestors immigrated such a long time ago that she has no real connection to the country. Thats why Teresa looked down on her and people like her (Caroline). Teresa's viewpoint is pretty common amongst most immigrant communities in the US. Since Teresa's 1st gen she's seen as more Italian. Plus she still has family she talks to in Italy and a hometown/family home in Italy, so she's seen as Italian. Whereas, ppl like Melissa and Caroline who don't have that, are seen as Americans who have Italian ancestry.
Yes, this is exactly it, and as you mentioned - it is very common amongst immigrants.

Like when Teresa sneered at Caroline for being about 'as Italian as Olive Garden' and 'one-sixteenth Italian.'
Her surname was Marco so I'm pretty sure she's Italian. She also though melissa was a stripper, but again that wouldve been easy to find out too.
Yeah, she is of Italian descent.
Teresa always tried to push the narrative that Melissa was trashy and not immersed in the Italian culture the way she was - calling her a stripper, saying that her parents feel she makes no effort with the family, and saying that she copied her way of doing events to be more Italian, and less American.

Reactions: 8
I thought Teresa spoke Italian too. In fact when they went to Italy I’m sure she was chatting to the guide in Italian*. That made me think that English was her second language and explained a lot. Her parents were not very fluent English speakers. She also speaks to Joey in Italian when she doesn’t want Melissa to understand. I’m pretty sure when she fell out with Kathy and Rosie, her cousins, insults were traded in Italian 😂

*She may well have been speaking gibberish and the guide may have been making the best of it. I can’t speak Italian!

Last edited:
I thought Teresa spoke Italian too. In fact when they went to Italy I’m sure she was chatting to the guide in Italian*. That made me think that English was her second language and explained a lot. Her parents were not very fluent English speakers. She also speaks to Joey in Italian when she doesn’t want Melissa to understand. I’m pretty sure when she fell out with Kathy and Rosie, her cousins, insults were traded in Italian 😂

*She may well have been speaking gibberish and the guide may have been making the best of it. I can’t speak Italian!

Yes, her Italian is very poor. Her accent, grammar and construction of sentences is terrible. Not quite gibberish but not even half fluent Italian.

• Heart
Yes, her Italian is very poor. Her accent, grammar and construction of sentences is terrible. Not quite gibberish but not even half fluent Italian.
To be fair, you’ve also described her English 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19

She said English was her second language but I imagine she forgot a lot as she grew up , went to school in English etc (she speaks the dialect of where she is from not standard italian)

Miami was good, loved Kiki calling out Lisa, saying everything we all think about her, especially ' I didn't just lay on my back and get fucked by a plastic surgeon '!!! Lisa was a witch in her reply, can she go on pause, or come back as a friend and let's have Kiki full time (there's so much we don't know about her)

Also, Adriana is 58, she looks absolutely amazing!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.