Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

scrantonstrangler

Chatty Member
Thread title: TAKE LOLA FOR A BLOODY WALK

Just in case Sue needs it spelled out for her in all caps to get it through her thick noggin 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

TheDuchessx

Chatty Member
Millie doesn’t owe them anything and doesn’t need to tell them if she is pregnant or not. But I do wonder what these crazy people will think when she has a baby in a month or two?

• Haha

AllieBee

VIP Member
These days it might seem to be, but historically it would be considered very young still. Many many men were forced to live in the closet for far too long, many never feeling able to come out at all. Starting families in a straight relationship because it's the done thing. I'm only in my early 30s and nobody would have dared come out as gay at school even back then (yet I know so many who have since, during their late teens or early 20s). We're so lucky times have changed and many kids now feel comfortable to come out while still in school. Being gay or bisexual is often seen as cool these days, thankfulky, as opposed to ridicule worthy. The Radford kids are still at a massive disadvantage to many though, not being able to enjoy that close relationship with their parent to feel able to come out to them sooner.

I've not seen the coming out scene yet as the football took priority for me tonight but it will have definitely been staged for TV (yet more exploitation). I have no doubt he would have told his family beforehand, whatever they want us to believe.
What I don't understand is why ANY of that coming out scene had to be filmed. Its excruciating to watch, knowing that such a personal moment between him and his parents is seen as no more than content to boost their earnings. He probably did tell them beforehand the whole thing was staged (as is the entire programme) but if they wanted to use it, couldn't they just have said we are going to Pride to support Luke as he's come out as bisexuality? No need to make a big deal of it, it just looked awkward and wrong. I hope behind the scenes they are fully supportive of him, and I expect they are, but there seemed very little connection between them - it was like a badly acted scene, with no emotion. If that were my son I would have hugged him, there was no physical contact. Cynically I had to wonder, would they even have gone to pride if the TV cameras hadn't been there, or was that just for content too.

mammywhite

Chatty Member
Jesus Christ on a bike she looks like she’s wearing someone else’s clothes they look huge on her,and again the bag on show she can’t help herself it’s all look at meeeeee the daft mare, the tide wouldn’t take her out

• Haha

emmawhu

VIP Member
I dunno I have seen the messages she has sent to people who dared to disagree with her parents.
Oh she comes across as a complete and utter bitch (unsurprising given the example Sue sets) but at least she has a respectable job and stands on her own two feet, bringing her own family up independent of the Radford brand. Of course she still has a lot to do with her family, which you would expect, but she doesn't appear to rely on them which is definitely a positive for a Radford.

I don't like Sophie, but she appears to be a decent mum. Considering the example set, that's nothing short of a miracle.

lokencrepis

I wouldn't be at all shocked if she knew the pup was a girl the whole time and has had Cookie picked out for ages. She probably thought if she pretended she wanted a male dog then we wouldn't say she wanted to breed puppies again. I thought it was weird she used up her boy name when they apparently aren't preventing and could POSSIBLY have another child.

These people have bred puppies before, surely SOMEONE in that house would've seen the dog had no willy before now? And if the pup has been known as Arlo this whole time then why would Sue be so set on changing the name when Arlo is fairly unisex? She made up that story about wanting to swap for a boy pup to make it seem like she really wanted a boy. Instead it just made her look dumb for being unable to tell the difference despite breeding dogs before. And it made her look heartless for being willing to swap dogs, proving she hadn't bonded with Cookie enough to want to keep her. AND it made her look clueless for bringing a male puppy into her pack of probably unspayed female dogs.

Cookie is still a better name than Ayprill or Narlah 😂 Sophie is a better mum than Sue but I can't get over poor Ayprills name
I cant get over how she spelled it either... I have a feeling that Ayprill will be changing her name when she can. Even if she just goes for the very standard 'April' which is a lovely name? April doesn't look like its a name for a medicated cream.... Ayprill on the other hand...

• Haha

Hyacinthsquash

VIP Member
Im not defending Millie at all but they’ve mugged her right off. The radford holiday wasn’t cut short to come back for Ophelia- that’s quite clear. In the clip when they return home and Noel says ‘oh she doesn’t feel too hot’ Millie says ‘yeah she seems better now she’s not had ibuprofen today’- listen back. It’s not too clear because of the rabble of kids but that’s what she says so they obviously didn’t come back on the day she ‘phoned them to come home early’. Again staged for the camera. I’d be fuming if I was Millie and been made to look like a shoddy mum who relies 100% on mummy and daddy.

• Heart

spilleroftea

VIP Member
Mum and Dad dining at a restaurant, probably 3 course.

Kids eating chicken soup slop with mash followed by a Barney bear!

• Haha
  • Sad

guineapig71

Sometimes i can't get my head around the fact Sue and Noel had so very many babies, because i remember when i had my 4 babies, although luckily i had generally 2 year gaps or more amongst them, but the sheer enormity of making sure everyone was ok, at each and every stage; they frequently needed to be held, comforted, listened to, attention paid to them, played with, fed until they could feed themselves, individual needs met. The list goes on of the requirements. I just shudder thinking about the kids in the Radford family that haven't received their fair share of parenting. Because sometimes some individuals need more in terms of attention than others. I can't see how authorities have not been alerted due to possible lack of parenting. I know the kids aren't physically abused or anything like that, i mean on more of an emotional level. And i mean proper parenting, not just being given too many excess material things, but a real connection, that can only be achieved by TIME spent on a child. It's got to be literally impossible to meet everyone's needs fully? I mean, things would have to have been missed or neglected for some of those children? Sue is so often on her phone filming or obviously on social media a heck of a lot. Then there's all the washing, cleaning, cooking, ferrying everyone about, the nitty gritty of life like dental and medical appointments, filling out forms etc etc. And they have so many pets on top of it all! Makes me want to tear my hair out or lie on the floor crying just thinking about the load. Glad it isn't my life though 😐

Reactions: 25

Kingbin

VIP Member
Sue this isn't a good look at all... she looked so aged
WTF is with the baggy knitwear?
Sorry I just don’t get it. A blouse, blazer and jeans would of been a better look. She looks like she’s off to B&M

• Haha

WhoGivesAPenny

VIP Member
Millie doesn’t owe them anything and doesn’t need to tell them if she is pregnant or not. But I do wonder what these crazy people will think when she has a baby in a month or two?
They will probably try and turn it around and say that they always knew and how nice it was that Millie kept it hidden.

How can you be so deluded that you can't see that Millie's pregnant.

Ellerose

Do they have any help/intervention from outside agencies- Heath visitors, home helps, social workers etc? Because honestly, I just can’t comprehend how they can meet the needs adequately of that many children by themselves.
Also, the state of the kids - unhealthy looking and unkempt, and the amount the appear to eat, much surely raise red flags with someone in authority, be it the gp, school, midwife, hv etc?!

Little me.

VIP Member
Just a bunch of scruffs
I was just thinking to myself, why do they all always look scruffy. It doesn’t matter how much the clothes cost as long as they look nice. They never do!
They all look either scruffy or tarty and over made up. No happy medium.

Dd29

VIP Member
So 111 told her to alternate the medicine but she decided to ignore that and phone mum and dad who were 7 hours away.
They didn't cut holiday short that was so staged

Posy Parker

I never understand why a waster like Millie doesn't get a job there? She wouldn't need to even apply? She could fix her working hours so it wouldn't interfere with all here benefit dosh and play the system and also earn her own money, not just rely on handouts that my taxes pay for.

spilleroftea

VIP Member
So absolutely no mention of sexuality when the kids asked what pride is about then? It would have been so much easier to tell a youngster that a man can love a man than throwing words like equality at them. Seemed like they were beating around the bush.
Personally we have always taught kids that boys can love boys and girls can love girls and that’s ok. Do small kids need the word equality? Sounds to me very scripted again for the show and to put the Radfords in a good light.
And just in general why do people have to announce they are gay? Will the rest of the children going to be announcing they are straight for the next series?

• Heart

ah123

Did anyone else notice in the programme when millie was in the random house and the “power went out” , that the tv was still playing in the background? I’m not good with electrics but surely if the power went off like she said it did then everything would? Or was it another cringe staged scene

• Haha