The Radford Family #23 Radfords are escaping one by one, including Millie and her secret son

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
State of this lot of tat .materialistic or what . Plastic rubbish. Why not just be happy with your trip to LAPLAND you all went on 😂 making memories did you say in your many quotes sue . 😂😂😂. Haaa fancied being spotted in LAPLAND.😂😂😂😂😂 back on previous thread on here if anyone cares
That's really annoyed me that she's bought one of those moon lamps. It's actually really good. It has a remote control and you can click through all the phases of the moon. My son has one hung up in his bedroom and now I'm going to be reminded of bloody Sue every time I go in there

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sophie has posted saying she's not going to breed her dogs, she just refuses to fix them as her nans dog died from an infection from having it done (which is very rare by the way). I wonder if she's consulted a vet as there are many, many risks with NOT fixing your dogs, it seems silly for her not to do this because of the slight chance they could catch an infection from surgery. Now she's putting the poor things in nappies and undies which can't be comfortable for them. I actually didn't know she had another dog, all she ever posts about is Narlah (ugh that spelling!).

So many kids and so far none of them seem all that intelligent. Luke and Chloe can string basic sentences together but that's the bare minimum. The apple really doesn't fall far from the Radford tree!

I know this wasn't technically a thread title suggestion but I'm voting for it anyway 😂 It's perfect
I’d take the minute risk of post op complications compared to the risk of pyometra every 6 months for potentially 14+ years

• Heart
Reactions: 10
https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/gcse-results-2017-654532 they're published every year, this is one year I can easily find because one of mine is on there
Wow, I find lists like that really intrusive. Around here they only reveal 'top achievers'. That almost reads like a name and shame for those that don't do so well.

Re Sue, I agree she never seems to celebrate academic achievement. Sadly no surprises there, as we learn from when they're very young that they don't value education at all. The kids don't stand a chance. However, talking generically now, I really don't like lists like this.

It's nobody else's business how many GCSEs someone else achieved. I wonder if any level of permission is needed? I know at primary age parents have to consent to press involvement. That largely refers to photos but printing someone's name, next to the school they attend and the amount of GCSEs they've achieved, seems like quite personal information to me.

Not everyone is academic. How mortifying for someone who tries their best but genuinely struggles.

I couldn't have told you how many GCSEs other kids in my year group achieved, unless they were close friends of mine and we shared that information with each other, as it's nobody else's business. I really don't think things like that need to be public knowledge. Poor kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Wow, I find lists like that really intrusive. Around here they only reveal 'top achievers'. That almost reads like a name and shame for those that don't do so well.
They've been in that paper for years, even mine were in it (I've still got a copy somewhere). They weren't online back then though, and it really was a name and shame because they only did A-C passes.

Reactions: 12
Luke has 11 GCSEs and Millie has 5
So Luke got 11 GCSEs but works in McDonald’s? Even if he did badly in all of them, the school must have felt he was a capable student to pay for 11. So what went wrong there? Can only assume no parental support for his education because as has been said so many times, the kids are only worthy if they’re cute and small or vlog content.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
They've been in that paper for years, even mine were in it (I've still got a copy somewhere). They weren't online back then though, and it really was a name and shame because they only did A-C passes.
See I would say that's much better. It's only obvious to people looking for a specific name if they're not on an A-C list. The general public won't know all the names of kids who haven't achieved well. There are kids on that list that are shown to the rest of the world as only having 1 GCSE at A*-G (I'm going to take a wild guess that 1 GCSE wasn't an A*). That kid may actually have severe learning difficulties, or be seriously ill, or have suffered severe trauma affecting their attendance at school etc, but to the rest of the world their name is in print to make them appear a complete dunce.

I don't agree with mass printing of results at all.

So Luke got 11 GCSEs but works in McDonald’s? Even if he did badly in all of them, the school must have felt he was a capable student to pay for 11. So what went wrong there? Can only assume no parental support for his education because as has been said so many times, the kids are only worthy if they’re cute and small or vlog content.
11 A*-G, he might not have got 5 at C or above (which is the usual requirement for further education, especially in English and maths). 11 is usually the standard amount of GCSEs for a student to be entered for, whatever their predicted grades. 11 GCSEs in that paper list looks the same whether it's 11 As or 11Ds (which makes it all the more pointless imo as it doesn't necessarily celebrate who did exceptionally well, it just highlights who didn't).

It's only usually students with SEN or extenuating circumstances who get entered for less. A student achieving less than 11 GCSEs doesn't necessarily mean they weren't entered for that many. I'd be highly surprised if Millie was only entered for 5 GCSEs. It's most likely she failed some. For some students, sadly, a 'fail' is the result of not even attending the exam. Some feel an E grade(for example) is as much use to them as a fail, (sadly they're probably right, in terms of how poorly grades lower than a C are valued) so don't even bother sitting it if they know they're not predicted to do well.

Last edited:
My gcse grades were listed when I did mine.
Ie .. worms - English lit A, English language A*, Science D,D etc!

• Wow
  • Sad
Luke has 11 GCSEs and Millie has 5
Thanks! Oh it means how many GCSEs someone has! I thought it was grades or something.

Actually that's so weird! So someone could get 11 Fs and it would look the same as someone who got 11 As? What is the point of printing that??? So if a child has 2 (which could be As or Fs) it means you know they failed the other 9??

Last edited:
Thanks! Oh it means how many GCSEs someone has! I thought it was grades or something.

Actually that's so weird! So someone could get 11 Fs and it would look the same as someone who got 11 As? What is the point of printing that??? So if a child has 2 (which could be As or Fs) it means you know they failed the other 9??
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the lowest passing grade 4? I think there are 5 core GCSEs but you can have up to 12. It seems so unnecessary to print them either way. That could result in bullying, stress and anxiety for those who didn't do as well as others. I'm glad that my academic results weren't published for the world to see!

Reactions: 14
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the lowest passing grade 4? I think there are 5 core GCSEs but you can have up to 12. It seems so unnecessary to print them either way. That could result in bullying, stress and anxiety for those who didn't do as well as others. I'm glad that my academic results weren't published for the world to see!
Yeah, I find it a bit weird how they printed how many GCSEs every child got. Surely it’s confidential. Even adding first names to some of the list. My school did publish a couple but only those who got all A*. I wouldn’t want mine printing in a newspaper for sure

Yeah 4 is the lowest pass grade now, but anything up to a G or a 1/2 is classed as a “grade”. I sat mine when they were still letter grades, so don’t know what a G is an equivalent of, but is G is still technically a grade, as U obviously is “ungraded”

Reactions: 6
Grading has changed now from letters to numbers (in England at least). I'm not sure of exact conversions but I think either a 4 or 5 is like a C, what they all need to strive to get. The higher the number (up to 9) the better.

Millie and Luke would have done the old system of letters, so the number is simply stating how many GCSEs they got and bears no relation to what those grades actually were. Luke could have got 11 A*-Cs, or he may have got none. We just know he passed 11 at A*-G and Millie passed 5.

The more I think of it the more an invasion of privacy I feel this weird tradition of posting such information is. I notice some schools at least only gave the student's first initial. Their school printed full names. Some people might not even want the public to know where their kids go to school. I mean, Sue's lax with such information so we already all know which secondary and primaries her kids attend/attended but if she was careful and it wasn't information already out there that would be a major privacy invasion for a family who are in the public eye.

Reactions: 11
The more I think of it the more an invasion of privacy I feel this weird tradition of posting such information is. I notice some schools at least only gave the student's first initial. Their school printed full names. Some people might not even want the public to know where their kids go to school. I mean, Sue's lax with such information so we already all know which secondary and primaries her kids attend/attended but if she was careful and it wasn't information already out there that would be a major privacy invasion for a family who are in the public eye.
Yes so dangerous especially for kids in the public eye or kids in care who come from abusive homes!

Sue and Noel are terribly irresponsible with privacy and safety. Any creep or stalker fan could go to their kids schools and pretend to know them because all their info is so easily accessible. And they don't exactly promote stranger danger, letting them accept sweets and gifts sent by total strangers.

Like when that person sent Tillie a nintendo switch. Sorry but spending hundreds on a strangers child is past the point of generous, it's just weird. Sue shouldn't have encouraged it by making a vlog about it and letting her kids think that it's normal to accept gifts from strangers, especially when you're making bank and not in need of charity

Reactions: 22
Now they’re gazillionaires maybe they can put the rest of their kids through fee paying schools to show us they do genuinely care about their education and futures, rather than just what they can sell them out for 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
That GSCE results list is weird, in my part of the country I’m not aware of any lists like. Maybe the paper has a long running agreement with certain schools, but even so, I’d be informing I’d be opting my kids out of having their names published.

I don’t think it’s necessary for Sue and Noel to announce the kids grades, but it’s odd how little we hear about for example having to get certain kids peace and quiet for revision, or things like what courses or career paths they are taking post-16. It’s literally they finish school and fall into a job or apprenticeship…there’s no discussion about it or pride from Noel and Sue, we don’t for example hear anything about Katie’s childcare college course, what she is learning, what the qualifications are, how she is getting on with her work placement….it’s just matter of fact ‘she’s at college today’ etc, there’s literally no pride in their voices when they speak of anything their kids are achieving.

The only one who got anything resembling pride directed at him was Daniel in his preparation to join the RAF, which was ill thought out, they let him fail on screen, the pride in him was possibly only for channel 5…otherwise his career maybe would have attracted the same apathy as do the careers of the rest of the kids.

Do we know if Daniel ever did anything in his life that would make his parents think he would last in the RAF? It seems really irresponsible to have filmed his lead up to applying if not, his likelihood of failure to complete the training was high if not. Was he ever an Air Cadet? Did he have interests such as rugged training such as muddy assault courses? Did he do an earlier apprenticeship as a mechanic or electrician? It seemed to me all he did was sit in his bedroom playing video games, then work in the pie factory as a men’s to an ends, then from that he went to a gym and did some basic exercise and suddenly he was ready for the RAF…I really don’t know why they filmed him, it must have been quite damaging for him to return home knowing that his joining would be shown on channel 5.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Now they’re gazillionaires maybe they can put the rest of their kids through fee paying schools to show us they do genuinely care about their education and futures, rather than just what they can sell them out for 🤷‍♀️
What, you mean spend their money wisely on something that might actually enrich their kids lives and help them in the future?! Unfortunately anythingvthat doesn't give Sue that instant gratification (ie mountains of Xmas presents) is way down on her list of priorities. I don't see her praising the kids achievements at all tbh, it's all spend, brag, spend, brag, rinse and repeat :rolleyes:
Just saw you posted same time as me @Eye_Spy and I totally agree.

I'm new to these threads and came here after they were mentioned on a Mumsnet thread a few weeks ago. This whole family are nauseating but the one thing that really annoyed and saddened me was Max's first day at high school. Dropping him off that morning, Noel told him that one of them would be there to pick him up, then it showed him walking home by himself. My son is autistic too and he would have been distraught that no one was there to meet him at the end of the school day. He would have panicked and not known what he should do. I remember thinking that it was evil of them to do that

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
[/QUOTE]
Grading has changed now from letters to numbers (in England at least). I'm not sure of exact conversions but I think either a 4 or 5 is like a C, what they all need to strive to get. The higher the number (up to 9) the better.

Millie and Luke would have done the old system of letters, so the number is simply stating how many GCSEs they got and bears no relation to what those grades actually were. Luke could have got 11 A*-Cs, or he may have got none. We just know he passed 11 at A*-G and Millie passed 5.

Millie and Luke may well of been numbers my son is 20 and his was the first year to do numbers instead of letters but any way I think it’s wrong to publicly out the grades of kids

Reactions: 6
That GSCE results list is weird, in my part of the country I’m not aware of any lists like. Maybe the paper has a long running agreement with certain schools, but even so, I’d be informing I’d be opting my kids out of having their names published.

I don’t think it’s necessary for Sue and Noel to announce the kids grades, but it’s odd how little we hear about for example having to get certain kids peace and quiet for revision, or things like what courses or career paths they are taking post-16. It’s literally they finish school and fall into a job or apprenticeship…there’s no discussion about it or pride from Noel and Sue, we don’t for example hear anything about Katie’s childcare college course, what she is learning, what the qualifications are, how she is getting on with her work placement….it’s just matter of fact ‘she’s at college today’ etc, there’s literally no pride in their voices when they speak of anything their kids are achieving.

The only one who got anything resembling pride directed at him was Daniel in his preparation to join the RAF, which was ill thought out, they let him fail on screen, the pride in him was possibly only for channel 5…otherwise his career maybe would have attracted the same apathy as do the careers of the rest of the kids.

Do we know if Daniel ever did anything in his life that would make his parents think he would last in the RAF? It seems really irresponsible to have filmed his lead up to applying if not, his likelihood of failure to complete the training was high if not. Was he ever an Air Cadet? Did he have interests such as rugged training such as muddy assault courses? Did he do an earlier apprenticeship as a mechanic or electrician? It seemed to me all he did was sit in his bedroom playing video games, then work in the pie factory as a men’s to an ends, then from that he went to a gym and did some basic exercise and suddenly he was ready for the RAF…I really don’t know why they filmed him, it must have been quite damaging for him to return home knowing that his joining would be shown on channel 5.
I would have put money on Daniel not completing his basic training. The older boys are all wet behind the ears. No wonder really with Crusty as a role model. Crusty in his Christmas pjs was enough to make you throw up, he needs to man up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.