The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another holiday coming for them! I like that they’ve let Tillie decide where to go but I can’t imagine the cost of taking so many away as often as they do!

Reactions: 4
Another holiday coming for them! I like that they’ve let Tillie decide where to go but I can’t imagine the cost of taking so many away as often as they do!

I’ve often wondered about this! Evening having their own successful business surely the financial strain of 21 children would be enough to limit your holidays to a tent in the back garden for the weekend 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I would take what they say with a pinch of salt, Tillie will be told what to say. Do they ever actually pay out of their own pocket?

Is that food they gave Bonnie really classed as 'solids'. Surely some baby rice would of helped her to sleep better or even one bottle of night time milk (I'm guessing she's breast fed?)

Reactions: 1
Is that food they gave Bonnie really classed as 'solids'. Surely some baby rice would of helped her to sleep better or even one bottle of night time milk (I'm guessing she's breast fed?)
‘Solid’ food just means not milk....most babies are started on purées when they start weaning (unless you do BLW like we did, even then they hardly eat anything)

Reactions: 3
My goodness, I've had two children and my flaps are destroyed. I'd hate to think what Hers looks like after 21 children 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I remember in 16 kids and counting she said Dr’s had told her it was dangerous for her to have anymore. Yet she did. Plus they lost Alfie. I just find it strange as a mother of so many she would continue to put possibly her own life or that of her unborn child at risk.

Reactions: 5
I remember in 16 kids and counting she said Dr’s had told her it was dangerous for her to have anymore. Yet she did. Plus they lost Alfie. I just find it strange as a mother of so many she would continue to put possibly her own life or that of her unborn child at risk.
Yes I remember this they said her labours lasted minutes and it was dangerous!!

• Wow
The thing is that it genuinely seems like an addiction so they aren't thinking rationally about deciding to have another one, it seems to be a need. They won't stop until it isn't possible to have more.

Yes I remember this they said her labours lasted minutes and it was dangerous!!
The Drs handle this by admitting her at 38 weeks and inducing. Induction after so many pregnancies is not without risk either. It is an addiction.

I’ve always got the impression it’s Noel that wants baby after baby, it’s usually him leading the interviews and Sue just giggling and agreeing.

Reactions: 2
I think Sue readily agrees to keep getting pregnant because it’s the only life she knows, literally since she was a child. And when you’re pregnant, people are so nice to you, and you get some individual attention in the form of midwife appointments etc. You feel special. She must love that.

Plus, I think she has mild learning difficulties so I don’t think the risks of 20+ pregnancies are much of a consideration.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
All I'm going to comment on is the fact that they seem to just have one 4 slice toaster, one kettle, one microwave and one oven.....How?? Meal times must take forever!

I would have gone industrial kitchen size when renovating!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think Sue readily agrees to keep getting pregnant because it’s the only life she knows, literally since she was a child. And when you’re pregnant, people are so nice to you, and you get some individual attention in the form of midwife appointments etc. You feel special. She must love that.

Plus, I think she has mild learning difficulties so I don’t think the risks of 20+ pregnancies are much of a consideration.
She must also have had free prescriptions and dental for life 😂

Reactions: 6
All I'm going to comment on is the fact that they seem to just have one 4 slice toaster, one kettle, one microwave and one oven.....How?? Meal times must take forever!

I know they have 2 ovens and 2 fridges now was part of their new kitchen 😂

Reactions: 3

Their tap gives out boiling water,so not much need for a kettle now!

I agree that I think Sue’s ‘not all there’! She just seems to laugh at anything and everything!

This is what I don't get. I think its incredibly selfish to keep going and potentially risk your life for another one...as it'd be the older kids having to do a lot of the raising then I imagine. I'm sure theres been woman who only have one or two kids and would love another, but maybe had a horrible pregnancy/birth/complications, and thought you know what, i'm lucky to have the kids I'll have so I'll leave it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.