The R Family

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know exactly what you mean. I've tried to navigate this whole debacle very carefully, so as not to see things that I can't unsee, which definitely should come with a warning and spoilers IMHO. Like you, I am not personally connected to this man at all but I have one of those minds that retains disturbing images and replays them, so it bothers me. I cannot imagine how this man's poor children will manage with this being thrust upon them, to be replayed in their minds forevermore.

My Mum died unexpectedly and suddenly, many years ago (at a similar age to Dave R). All of my adult life I have struggled with the idea that I might've coped with the bereavement better if I had seen my Mum after she had passed away.

The last time any of her children saw her she was gravely ill in hospital. We weren't asked if we wanted to visit her after she'd died. It wasn't ever mentioned. At the time I was young, naive and completely in shock and it didn't really occur to me that that might even be a thing.

As I've got older, I've grappled with the idea that seeing her body might've helped with accepting the situation, giving some closure by seeing for myself that she really was gone, not least of all because it happened so suddenly.

Whenever I think of my Mum though, straight away my mind goes to her lying in ICU. Before I remember her as she was, when vibrant and so full of life, my mind pictures how she looked near the end, in a coma, hooked up to machines. This is the reason that I now feel fortunate that I never saw her after she died, because I just know for sure that those memories would forever haunt me.

On a personal note, if one positive thing has come out of this awful situation with the R Family, it's the sensible discussion it's prompted here. I'm grateful to my fellow Tattlers for sharing their own personal opinions and experiences on this subject (here and on the Ingham Family thread) which has unexpectedly helped me to overcome my own feelings of regret.

For so long I resented the fact that I wasn't really given the opportunity (to see my mum) but I now know that it would've done me more harm than good and I've finally come to terms with that decision being made for me. In my family's case though, it would've been a completely respectful and dignified affair, shortly after death, but even so, it still wouldn't have been right for me to see. I understand that everyone is different but I think it's potentially more problematic (emotionally) to see what you can't later unsee, rather than to not see it at all in the first place.

I just can't comprehend how the Ravenscrofts are being allowed to carry on as they are. As time rolls on, it just gets more and more grotesque. Regardless of anyone's opinions about whether or not children should see their loved ones after death, as a general rule, this case here is just shockingly over the top and extreme. I find it very disturbing.
When my husband was taken to the undertakers I was so sure I didn’t want to see him in his coffin.
For me when R took his last breath what was left of him was just a shell his earthly body.
Two years later I have no regrets about the decision I made.
i am appalled by how the Dave scenario is playing out on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I know exactly what you mean. I've tried to navigate this whole debacle very carefully, so as not to see things that I can't unsee, which definitely should come with a warning and spoilers IMHO. Like you, I am not personally connected to this man at all but I have one of those minds that retains disturbing images and replays them, so it bothers me. I cannot imagine how this man's poor children will manage with this being thrust upon them, to be replayed in their minds forevermore.

My Mum died unexpectedly and suddenly, many years ago (at a similar age to Dave R). All of my adult life I have struggled with the idea that I might've coped with the bereavement better if I had seen my Mum after she had passed away.

The last time any of her children saw her she was gravely ill in hospital. We weren't asked if we wanted to visit her after she'd died. It wasn't ever mentioned. At the time I was young, naive and completely in shock and it didn't really occur to me that that might even be a thing.

As I've got older, I've grappled with the idea that seeing her body might've helped with accepting the situation, giving some closure by seeing for myself that she really was gone, not least of all because it happened so suddenly.

Whenever I think of my Mum though, straight away my mind goes to her lying in ICU. Before I remember her as she was, when vibrant and so full of life, my mind pictures how she looked near the end, in a coma, hooked up to machines. This is the reason that I now feel fortunate that I never saw her after she died, because I just know for sure that those memories would forever haunt me.

On a personal note, if one positive thing has come out of this awful situation with the R Family, it's the sensible discussion it's prompted here. I'm grateful to my fellow Tattlers for sharing their own personal opinions and experiences on this subject (here and on the Ingham Family thread) which has unexpectedly helped me to overcome my own feelings of regret.

For so long I resented the fact that I wasn't really given the opportunity (to see my mum) but I now know that it would've done me more harm than good and I've finally come to terms with that decision being made for me. In my family's case though, it would've been a completely respectful and dignified affair, shortly after death, but even so, it still wouldn't have been right for me to see. I understand that everyone is different but I think it's potentially more problematic (emotionally) to see what you can't later unsee, rather than to not see it at all in the first place.

I just can't comprehend how the Ravenscrofts are being allowed to carry on as they are. As time rolls on, it just gets more and more grotesque. Regardless of anyone's opinions about whether or not children should see their loved ones after death, as a general rule, this case here is just shockingly over the top and extreme. I find it very disturbing.
I watched my dad take his final breath and I almost watched his soul leave his body.
What was left was just a shell and I chose not to see him in the funeral home.
I get comfort and feel close to him knowing I am a good person that he brought up and I can see him in my own eyes and that of my children.
Always remember them as they were healthy vibrant and happy xxx♥😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
H9w many more times is she going to repost the photo of her husband in his coffin with his baby daughter. It's awful, his nails are turning blue. Why is it taking so long to have the funeral? Is she worried that once he's laid to rest, the go fund me contributions will dry up? Has she hung on thinking its payday for many people this weekend so there might be some more donations. It's coming across as totally disrespectful to her late husband and what her older kids must think God only knows. Someone close to her should intervene. If it helps her to write down her feelings, then start a journal and don't plaster it all over Instagram.

Reactions: 14
why's it taking so long? it's not like there's suspicious circumstances....or is there lol

Reactions: 5
Funeral not for another 3 weeks according to Sarah's post on IG!
Is that the norm? It's a week where I'm from which I'm ok with, it's just dragging out what has to happen in my opinion, almost two months is like losing their dad twice for the young kids

Reactions: 4
She's definitely hoping to go to Orlando off the back of all this. The giveaway to me is that Sarah's the one promoting the GFM when usually it's just friends or family. I don't doubt she's grieving but I don't think that precludes her from trying to profit off the situation.

Reactions: 6
Is that the norm? It's a week where I'm from which I'm ok with, it's just dragging out what has to happen in my opinion, almost two months is like losing their dad twice for the young kids
It’s the norm where I live in the East Midlands. Sometimes it can be even longer.

Reactions: 2
She's definitely hoping to go to Orlando off the back of all this. The giveaway to me is that Sarah's the one promoting the GFM when usually it's just friends or family. I don't doubt she's grieving but I don't think that precludes her from trying to profit off the situation.
The go fund me went up for the funeral before Dave died.
That tells you Orlando was in the plan.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Just seen this thread, blimey, I remember watching them years ago, they were always arguing with another couple on you tube? Cant believe what's she's posting, pics with her dead husband, if that's what you want to do, fair enough, but keep it private, not post on sm, that's awful, and frankly quite disturbing..

Reactions: 5
Just seen this thread, blimey, I remember watching them years ago, they were always arguing with another couple on you tube? Cant believe what's she's posting, pics with her dead husband, if that's what you want to do, fair enough, but keep it private, not post on sm, that's awful, and frankly quite disturbing..
I remember that. He was always getting into a rage with someone, can’t remember who and spent the whole vlog slagging them off.

I remember that. He was always getting into a rage with someone, can’t remember who and spent the whole vlog slagging them off.
I think it was the Ingham family. They are another vile example of a YouTube family

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can't remember their name either, but there was a lot of arguing! And wasn't there another one who pretended to be an American but was actually someone in Scotland?
---
I think it was the Ingham family. They are another vile example of a YouTube family
No wasn't them

Reactions: 2
@Maid22
The Rees family, another pair of dole scroungers.
The Rees family are disgusting. Neither work, both say they've got health problems but manage to vlog almost daily (Mrs R), they spend money like its going out of fashion, have cars, holidays and dogs. Both are fat and lazy, she had gastric surgery a few years ago (probably on the NHS), she lost loads of weight but has put it all and more back on.

The Rees family are disgusting. Neither work, both say they've got health problems but manage to vlog almost daily (Mrs R), they spend money like its going out of fashion, have cars, holidays and dogs. Both are fat and lazy, she had gastric surgery a few years ago (probably on the NHS), she lost loads of weight but has put it all and more back on.
Are they on YouTube? Only Rees family I can find don't really fit this description 🤣

Reactions: 1