The Pethericks Free Gwendoline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that they were older too as Angelina's clothing is "stuck in the early 2000's" ( lol I'm old so I recognized them ;) ).

Have Phil and Angelina actually purchased the chateau they live in? They are always very evasive when asked on FB groups.
Is Phil and Angelina the couple who rented their chateau before buying it. I something in the threads, but I'm not sure, it was about them.

Reactions: 3
Is Phil and Angelina the couple who rented their chateau before buying it. I something in the threads, but I'm not sure, it was about them.
Yes they were the "rent before buying" couple and are buddies with Bille P. ( working with Billy on new vlog ) . I really don't think that they own it as the pandemic happened and they could host their local money making concerts at the chateau, so he had to go back to London at some point to work while she stayed alone without a job at the chateau.

Yes I had deff read the Gardner’s cottage is to be his home - now others have to work and save and such to restore their homes not get given donations
The cottage has been given to him to let him live in and renovate, but there would need to be a land survey and a deed if it is even possible to sever land in France, for him to actually own it. Everything is still Gwendoline's otherwise non?

The Strawbridges, otherwise known as The Two Fatties, don't, as far as I know, receive Patreon or GFM money, so it's difficult to say. That said, I've often suspected that there may be something dodgy going on there as well... . I certainly hope so as I can't stand the sight of them!

Self-obsessed, work-shy Michael Petherdick, who thinks he's a much misunderstood multitalented creative genius (a sort of latter-day van Gogh), and who's starting to look like something out of a Tolkien novel (all he needs is some big pointy ears), has reinvented himself in his videos as Lord Petherdick of Beatrix Potter Cottage (she must be turning in her grave!). Unable to cope with the ever-widening gap between reality and fantasy, Michael's now becoming extremely depressed. He cannot reconcile the character with the posh accent he's created in his videos with the person he sees in the mirror everyday - the real attention-seeking Michael who suffers from low self-esteem, shows no interest in the opposite sex (indeed, one wonders what his sexual inclinations are), and who feels inadequate and ashamed of his family with its low East End origins. Michael Petherdick, who lives in the middle of nowhere in a sort of anglophone bubble cut off from French society, cannot speak a word of French after living in France for five years (he's probably never even had a conversation with a French person) and cannot even drive. Prevented from seeking gainful employment due to these handicaps (and the fact that he doesn't want to work and thinks the world owes him a living), he's now been reduced to begging for money on the Internet, money that he will now have to pay tax on. He is no doubt busy acquiring gold coins so that he can buy his own château...
I'm new to this forum too, thank you for the Coles notes. Is there The Two Fatties threads too? I'm off to look!

Last edited:
Looks like the proverbial is about to hit the fan. Brenda of chateau diaries FB is dealing with a nasty post by one of the clan 10 years ago but can't ignore. More details on another thread......

Reactions: 2
Whats all the fuss about the Facebook post? I missed out? Something about n old comment by the little sister?

I'm new to this site. Does anyone know how they got that chateau? I don't think they ever said how or for how much

Last edited:
Looks like the proverbial is about to hit the fan. Brenda of chateau diaries FB is dealing with a nasty post by one of the clan 10 years ago but can't ignore. More details on another thread......
Where can I find out wtf is going on?

Whats all the fuss about the Facebook post? I missed out? Something about n old comment by the little sister?

I'm new to this site. Does anyone know how they got that chateau? I don't think they ever said how or for how much
Hi. Sister Sadie wrote a racist anti-Muslim post and used the c word. As for the chateau, it actually belongs to Gwendoline, and she used her inheritance to buy it. She comes from a very wealthy family.

Reactions: 1
His latest video has just popped up on my YouTube....whats going on with the kitchen, I thought he wanted a vintage kitchen, it looks brand new!

Reactions: 4
Hi. Sister Sadie wrote a racist anti-Muslim post and used the c word. As for the chateau, it actually belongs to Gwendoline, and she used her inheritance to buy it. She comes from a very wealthy family.
Bet her family were really impressed when she arrived back with the Petherick clan.

What's the story with the new Chateau Rescue YouTube channel. We were teased with a trailer and on a live on 31 Dec they said the first series was complete. The trailer showed Chateau de Lalacelle but they have now put out their own YouTube vlog. Looks like the Petherick empire on YouTube is crumbling, anyone vaguely connected should cut the umbilical now.
The lack of self censorship definitely the cause - Sadie's racist comments and Michael's poor me accompanied by the begging for funding is all too much.

Reactions: 5
Bet her family were really impressed when she arrived back with the Petherick clan.

What's the story with the new Chateau Rescue YouTube channel. We were teased with a trailer and on a live on 31 Dec they said the first series was complete. The trailer showed Chateau de Lalacelle but they have now put out their own YouTube vlog. Looks like the Petherick empire on YouTube is crumbling, anyone vaguely connected should cut the umbilical now.
The lack of self censorship definitely the cause - Sadie's racist comments and Michael's poor me accompanied by the begging for funding is all too much.
Exactly, I posted the same question on the other main Chateau thread. It was hyped up by Angelina, Philly and Billy at New Year. We got the trailer/intro vlog with voice over by Michael and since then absolutely nothing, no updates ...something is a bit odd. The Chateau Lalacelle has released it's first vlog today, so at least they're cracking on regardless.

@emay Agreed about the kitchen. Nothing that Beatrix Potter would have recognised! The whole cottage renovation has been one bodge after another, and none of them have any knowledge of vernacular architectural details, French or English.

Reactions: 6
Exactly, I posted the same question on the other main Chateau thread. It was hyped up by Angelina, Philly and Billy at New Year. We got the trailer/intro vlog with voice over by Michael and since then absolutely nothing, no updates ...something is a bit odd. The Chateau Lalacelle has released it's first vlog today, so at least they're cracking on regardless.
It was pretty poor though.

I thought that they were older too as Angelina's clothing is "stuck in the early 2000's" ( lol I'm old so I recognized them ;) ).

Have Phil and Angelina actually purchased the chateau they live in? They are always very evasive when asked on FB groups.
Phil and Angelina ('Château Strife') rent the château, they don't own it.

Shato Basmania? A big life insurance payment, I suppose.

Phil and Angelina ('Château Strife') rent the château, they don't own it.

Shato Basmania? A big life insurance payment, I suppose.
Gwen got an inheritance when her mother died. I'm not sure how much the chateau cost her but I think I remember them saying somewhere around a million (?) more or less...

some info

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gmouchel

some info

Last edited:
some info

Doesn't help me. I can't read it.

Reactions: 1
When they were on the Chateau DIY on TV in the UK, I seem to remember Billy saying that they'd got the chateau when Gwen was left an inheritance and it cost her over 1m Euros to buy. When I watched those programmes it seemed to be just him and Gwen, she was pregnant, and then Michael was around and helping with the repairs. There was no sign of the rest of the family, now when I watch the vlogs there seems to be family all over the place. I tried to watch Sadie's channel but I can't stand it. I keep getting put off by all the constant fundraising that goes on. I'd really like a new kitchen and a garden shed but I don't start a GoFundMe, I save like everyone else. Same as when I needed a new laptop, I didn't expect for someone else to buy it for me. That expectation is just plain rude to my mind.

Reactions: 8