The Pethericks Free Gwendoline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He'd better not use his grandmother as an excuse. He's been idle for months. Kids his age live on their phones, so a quick update is absolutely no sweat. He is so thick that he can't even see how easy it would be for him to keep his supporters on his side, and the money rolling in. Lots of messages and responses to comments would probably create a closer feeling of connection to some, even more than long vlogs.
But he's not a kid so that's no excuse. He's nearly middle-aged (34 I believe) and needs to grow up and provide for himself. If he has mental health issues he shouldn't be using Youtube etc.. I'm saying this as the mother of someone who has mental health issues and I would certainly warn her to stay away from VLOGING etc. In fact, she has given up social media and finds that her mental health is far better for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It was suggested that we keep Michael, Billy and Ryan comments on this section. So here goes.....Michael’s last video was not bad but had a few parts that we had issues with. The personal trainer for starters.
As someone mentioned, personal trainers are expensive. He could have found YouTube videos and done it himself....isn’t that his byline. “Doing It Ourselves” ?

The cameraman I could kind of get....it’s hard to film yourself sometimes and it’s always giving me fits to see people try to things one handed...awkward! I’ve suggested to other YouTubers to get a tripod....anyway, I sidetracked myself...Michael filmed almost as much of that video as the cameraman did.

And why did they try to chase that deer...you know, the one we didn’t see? I almost had a panic attack when they were tearing around those trees and things. I’m not a fan of speeding.

The greenhouse part was ok. I enjoyed that. It looked so much better even though the windows still needed cleaning and the broken one fixed. I did get antsy when I kept seeing that mess on the ‘roof’ of the greenhouse. I’m sure he has a ladder around there somewhere...but I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded getting on the new guy’s shoulders...but, no, the cameraman is a little too frail looking for that.

The cooking part was ok except he continuously kept saying “tomAHtoes...it grates on my nerves just thinking about it. As I said on the SJ section, I love a British accent but not when you repeat words a hundred times. To be fair, anybody who does that gets on my nerves....like fingernails on a chalkboard!!!! I enjoyed learning how to make chutney but it didn’t look appetizing to me....maybe if I tried it I might like it.

Ok...on to Ryan....

Ryan....I actually liked him at first...and I don’t dislike him now but he really is a little boring. I liked his vlogs when he included his Uncle Lee and Aunty Om...they are a sweet couple....hard workers and down to earth. I don’t recall seeing their youngest son but the oldest boy is very polite.

His last video was awkward and cringe....why mention “stalkers” and “haters” and “bullies” and “racists“ if, as you say, they don’t bother you. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad you’re not bothered by them. But you didn’t actually see any comments yourself...you just took Michael’s word for it. Why didn’t he screenshot the comments so he could show them to you before they were supposedly deleted? Kind of suspicious, hmmm?

I’m glad you got a car. It’s great that you make enough from YouTube to afford it. The drone is nice and, as you said, you need it for your vlogs. I guess some people like all the aerial shots but it’s not for me. To me it’s just a very expensive toy. Your friends got one so you wanted one too. Fair enough.

l’m glad you help your uncle around their house and you do a lot of work for your friends at their homes. You’re a big help to Mick and that’s great. He’s a hard worker and I like Billy’s videos of Mick working. So kudos to you for that.

On to Billy....

Billy isn’t bad at filming his content. He can be quite entertaining sometimes. I like it when he films Baby Ernest (I hope I spelled his name right!) and Gwen. She’s a very pretty girl but I understand that she doesn’t like being filmed. You have a very nice family.

l’ve seen just glimpses of your mom but your dad features well in your vlogs. He’s a powerhouse and puts some over-70’s to shame. I especially liked that video of just him chopping wood. Was that to symbolize something?

I don’t like being critical and I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don’t dare post comments on your vlogs because they would be deleted before you could read them....DO you read your comments?

Anyway, it’s very late and my stylus is just about smoking from overuse right now. I’ll continue to watch and hope to be entertained.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Ryan genuinely made me laugh in that new video. "It's all a dream. We live in caravans Billy!" Nice touch making Phil keep his mouth shut and carry the baby. Amazing chateau, and everyone still looked cold.

Why isn't there art on any of the walls? I feel like they need something to offset all that gargantuan bedroom furniture.
Their entire chateau looks like a bad movie set made for a B horror Vincent Price movie. They have the WORST taste in everything. Michael appears to be aiming less for Beatrix Potter cottage, and more towards inside an old travelers caravan. Gwen, get good lawyers and run.

Keeping Phil quiet is #1 on my list of requirements to watch their show. Loved how badly he wanted a drink after they toured the house, and wasn't it still morning? 🤣

So they just released a Chateau Rescue video and I feel like I'm watching a whole family try to figure out their role in cashing in on Michael's sudden success. I think they've got the perfect recipe with that channel if they can keep it up. The contrast to Dick Strawbridge yuk yuk, finger-guns plan a wedding bullshit (or whatever, a Wine Mom party) narration, and Michael's earnest narration is huge. Maybe not huge, but I have always hated ETTC because of that chuckly crap and the reality tv set up. I like the documentary tone they're setting with the previews. I don't know if they need to get their tit together and consolidate so they have time for this, or if all their channels will help to promote whichever one ends up coming out on top. I like being around for the beginning of something and hope they don't duck it up.

I wonder whose idea it was.
Dick would never make it on American Television.

Attachments

Their entire chateau looks like a bad movie set made for a B horror Vincent Price movie. They have the WORST taste in everything. Michael appears to be aiming less for Beatrix Potter cottage, and more towards inside an old travelers caravan. Gwen, get good lawyers and run.

Dick would never make it on American Television.
I like that caravan! I'd gladly live in it. I no longer like to move from state to state but I'd still like to live in one.

Reactions: 2
All I learned from "Muddy Puddles" is that the driveway is full of potholes which will damage vehicle car suspension.
A few wheelbarrows of gravel and a couple of hours input would resolve them.

All I learned from "Muddy Puddles" is that the driveway is full of potholes which will damage vehicle car suspension.
A few wheelbarrows of gravel and a couple of hours input would resolve them.
Maybe for awhile but they would have to keep doing it. My experience with gravel is that it doesn’t want to stay in the potholes for long. If they graded the drive first though.....

Reactions: 5
Their entire chateau looks like a bad movie set made for a B horror Vincent Price movie. They have the WORST taste in everything. Michael appears to be aiming less for Beatrix Potter cottage, and more towards inside an old travelers caravan
Really? I said earlier (on the other thread) Basmaignée is the only chateau I would want as a home.
As for Michael's cottage, I agree. Instead of pushing for a deadline, he should have taken his time, researched Beatrix Potter's cottage interior.
However, it's not my cottage, as long as he is happy with it, then the GoFundMe money haven't been all nothing...

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The question I would ask of all of the Trotter Vlogs...
If you are so against anything to do with the Escape to The Chateau series after being kicked off- Why then do you continue to advertise the vlogs/Chateau on the fan club sites?

Just watched the new video...it's short but sweet....Ernest is so adorable! Too bad comments were turned off on this one.....
I am a bit against children being filmed for content on YouTube. It's a personal choice and I understand people want to see the family. I personally would be very protective of them and not show them at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
We haven't seen any more videos from The Pethericks lately (except the adorable one with Baby Ernest!).....wonder what kind of content they'll come up with next....personally I'd love to see more inside the chateau. Is it really closed up for the winter? I know it was said that they'll sand the floors so as long as they're in there...maybe show us any progress on those rooms that were shown, the ones full of old chairs and things that needed to be refurbished....Those rooms would have been like a heaven to me when I could get around better. I'd have been reupholstering, sanding, varnishing and placing all those sad looking but beautiful pieces in rooms where they could be appreciated. Such a rare opportunity to have so much wonderful material to work with!!!...a crafter's dream!

As for Michael...I think we'd love to see more work being done to the cottage. Maybe finish the stairs, work on a bathroom, work on a bedroom....have you changed your mind about living in the cottage???

Billy, I do think you have a rare talent and some of your vlogs show that talent. I, for one, would love to see more!

• Heart
I'm just wondering what Billy's rate talent is?
I think he is ok at videoing but IMO lacks content and enough interest. I couldn't make it through any of the vlogs.

Same with their friend Ryan.

Dan the chap with the drones had some interesting content on his vlogs.

Someone above mentioned comments turned off for Ernest jumping in puddles, that is recommended when having children on vlogs according to YouTube safety rules.

As for talent rate I have no idea. I don't rate it but everyone has different tastes. That's the beauty of YT and social media. Something for everyone.

I admired earlier content when repairing the Chateau. In some respects it's a shame a lot of it was for the TV programme and they couldn't show it as I definitely think that would have been good. Now it's a bit meh!

I think he is ok at videoing but IMO lacks content and enough interest. I couldn't make it through any of the vlogs.

Someone above mentioned comments turned off for Ernest jumping in puddles, that is recommended when having children on vlogs according to YouTube safety rules.

As for talent rate I have no idea. I don't rate it but everyone has different tastes. That's the beauty of YT and social media. Something for everyone.

I admired earlier content when repairing the Chateau. In some respects it's a shame a lot of it was for the TV programme and they couldn't show it as I definitely think that would have been good. Now it's a bit meh!
Sorry that's a typo. I was quoting the other person's comments and they said he had a RARE talent. I certainly can't see RARE talent. Even I could produce some videos, especially if I had all the kit.

Sorry that's a typo. I was quoting the other person's comments and they said he had a RARE talent. I certainly can't see RARE talent. Even I could produce some videos, especially if I had all the kit.
Ah, totally understand. I was going to be sarcastic myself and then thought you may have been referring to a stats discussion.
(they have been rife in the other thread)

I agree on the kit. I'm quite envious of what is considered necessary these days and of course the quality (or lack of it)

My offspring inform me, I have the capabilities on my phone. One day I will get with it all...:)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We haven't seen any more videos from The Pethericks lately (except the adorable one with Baby Ernest!).....wonder what kind of content they'll come up with next....personally I'd love to see more inside the chateau. Is it really closed up for the winter? I know it was said that they'll sand the floors so as long as they're in there...maybe show us any progress on those rooms that were shown, the ones full of old chairs and things that needed to be refurbished....Those rooms would have been like a heaven to me when I could get around better. I'd have been reupholstering, sanding, varnishing and placing all those sad looking but beautiful pieces in rooms where they could be appreciated. Such a rare opportunity to have so much wonderful material to work with!!!...a crafter's dream!

As for Michael...I think we'd love to see more work being done to the cottage. Maybe finish the stairs, work on a bathroom, work on a bedroom....have you changed your mind about living in the cottage???

Billy, I do think you have a rare talent and some of your vlogs show that talent. I, for one, would love to see more!
He’s not nicknamed billy speilberg for nothing
he’s a great eye and sence of continuity

let’s be fair - restoration in the middle of winter ❄ isn’t A go ... maby the upholstery

id love to see the under the patio kitchen
start - even if he’s to start a go fund me

for that project I’m sure heaps would help 🍸💫🙌

• Haha
I enjoyed his vlogs on Mick and Ernest...the music was, in my opinion, very catchy and the videos were put together pretty expertly, for an amateur videographer. It’s all in the eye of the beholder.

I’m enjoying all the banter and agree with everyone about the ebegging but I still enjoy most of the vlogs. I’m torn between the good and the bad. I would love to see them succeed but not be dependent on Patreon or buy me a coffee.

Oh, yes! I would love to see that old kitchen brought back to life!!!! Isn’t that a fantastic area? That will be such a great large kitchen to cook in. I would love it.

And to Gibson....maybe you would have the capability but I can’t even take a decent picture so I could never put together videos like that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1

The only ... lol thing I’ll give em is at leaste they were brave in ETTC diy 1
nor for all the tea in China would I do
the cherry picker -
n billy just got on with it - 30 mts up
couldn’t
didnt always appreciate major dicks .. commentary - but look what they did achieve
It is beautiful

agree about drone Dan ( his vlog was kinda sad other night bk in uk 🇬🇧)

As for content - prehaps I’m into long with COVID lockdown -
but his car journeys I actually appreciate / guess different strokes for different folks

I enjoyed his vlogs on Mick and Ernest...the music was, in my opinion, very catchy and the videos were put together pretty expertly, for an amateur videographer. It’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Oh, yes! I would love to see that old kitchen brought back to life!!!! Isn’t that a fantastic area? That will be such a great large kitchen to cook in. I would love it.

And to Gibson....maybe you would have the capability but I can’t even take a decent picture so I could never put together videos like that.
I adore 🥰 pa Petherick
PILF - he’s some worker can only imagine the plans they have for the big kitchen
exciting times

his video was epic - it had a subliminal message ( got it billy ... )
but what a reminder of his dad

baby Earnest cutie - You can understand their delight in him 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart