The Pethericks Free Gwendoline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The boo hoo poor me act didn’t sit well with me. He said the final straw was tattlers checking family cars legality. Most of us get no money given, I am on fixed pension but still pay my taxes including for the car and I make sure it is safe on the road with an MOT. It is a complete disregard for the laws in France and he seem shocked that someone had called them out on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Interesting posts on here, but there's one issue that hasn't been addressed and that's French income tax. Don't get distracted by the latest sob act. All that counts for the Pethericks is getting as much dosh as possible! And it's worked ... at least one of the patreons has said she's now doubled her monthly donation to MPK, who seems to be unable/unwilling to work.

No doubt Michael has generated enough money from the latest act to buy yet another gold coin (via Paypal, hence avoiding French income tax or impôts) to add to his collection. The word gold comes up frequently in his videos...

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Interesting posts on here, but there's one issue that hasn't been addressed and that's French income tax. Don't get distracted by the latest sob act. All that counts for the Pethericks is getting as much dosh as possible! And it's worked ... at least one of the patreons has said she's now doubled her monthly donation to MPK, who seems to be unable/unwilling to work.

No doubt Michael has generated enough money from the latest act to buy yet another gold coin (via Paypal, hence avoiding French income tax or impôts) to add to his collection. The word gold comes up frequently in his videos...
I suggest you look at different threads here (chateau in search)

Reactions: 2
Does he collect gold coins ? Not bears that one bit wouldn’t surprise me ! Who else in the real world asks for donations to renovate their own home 🙄

Reactions: 3
Does he collect gold coins ? Not bears that one bit wouldn’t surprise me ! Who else in the real world asks for donations to renovate their own home 🙄
But it's not even his home. Unless the gardener's cottage has also been given to him.

Reactions: 5
Yes I had deff read the Gardner’s cottage is to be his home - now others have to work and save and such to restore their homes not get given donations

Reactions: 4
What’s the point of a group if you can’t have open conversations I agree to no nastiness of course but everyone has different view points and it’s good to listen to others

Reactions: 6
I was really surprised that their channels became so popular I have always found the content dry , apart from the chateau diaries which I enjoy

Reactions: 1
Listen carefully, gold is mentioned twice in the latest Pethericks video entitled 'Holes'. Almost in jest, almost...

Did you hear that everyone? In Michael's latest sob blog he say's his spirits haven't been dampened and that he's going to continue making more mundane blogs with overdramatic music and boring intros that go on for ages: "Doing it Ourselves", or should I say "Bodging it Ourselves", or even "The Life of a Lazy Bum". Of course he is! It's a very lucrative business - he receives up to several thousand euros for some of the videos and that's on top of the Patreon dosh, all tax-free of course. The money's channeled through PayPal and not declared to the tax authorities.

Stephanie, who regularly produces mundane schlock in her chateau in the middle of nowhere in the Indre region (one of the poorest regions in France with the lowest house prices), immediately ran to his aid today, bringing with her hundreds of swooning fans, who did everything they could to comfort the "depressed" but very "talented" Michael. He's probably depressed because he'd like to grab as much as the grasping Stephanie. She's raking in 20,000 euros a month tax-free plus the money she gets from her videos. No end to the greed, is there? You're supposed to watch their videos and give them money after paying tax and just accept that don't pay any... le monde à l'envers! I once raised the issue of tax under one of Stephanie's videos and it led to a suspension in vlog/schlock production... On another occasion, Michael and Stephanie were doing a live chat and someone raised the question of tax. She looked ill at ease, touched her nose (a sure sign someone's lying), and turned to Michael and mumbled something about keeping money aside... They then quickly moved on to another question.

TheTaxInspector is becoming increasingly concerned about this and may have to look into the situation in more detail... TheTaxInspector works and pays tax like everyone else and does not see why they should no do so too!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Everyone pays personal tax & business tax plus income tax & 2 different property taxes. All the money donated is taxable and obviously there are deductibles for costs & materials. Not sure why everyone thinks anything is tax free???? Even PayPal, YouTube & Patreon etc. are connected with banking so there there is no bypassing taxes. She is Renovating a historic site --which is saving the French government money from having to pay to save it. She has no children to leave it to.
Also-- giving "charity" is tax deductible to the giver.. if you do your taxes correctly. Its a win- win situation!

Everyone pays personal tax & business tax plus income tax & 2 different property taxes. All the money donated is taxable and obviously there are deductibles for costs & materials. Not sure why everyone thinks anything is tax free???? Even PayPal, YouTube & Patreon etc. are connected with banking so there there is no bypassing taxes. She is Renovating a historic site --which is saving the French government money from having to pay to save it. She has no children to leave it to.
Also-- giving "charity" is tax deductible to the giver.. if you do your taxes correctly. Its a win- win situation!
It's not a registered business (he doesn't have a siret number (company registration number) and doesn't pay any social charges either, and neither does she) and PayPal, YouTube, and Patreon are completely unregulated. Don't try and pull the wool over my eyes, I know what I'm talking about. And it's not a monument historique , so I don't know what the French government's got to do with it. The whole thing's a scam!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
But it's not even his home. Unless the gardener's cottage has also been given to him.
Yes, Billy and Gwen gave him the cottage as payment for all his help on the reno of the chateau.

And, whatever else that is said about the Pethericks, Mick Petherick is a veritable WORKHORSE! For a man in his 70's, he is always working on something around that chateau and/or cottage. Whatever his credentials or lack thereof, he does a ton of work around there...something his children need to learn from!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Like a few on this page, I came here after watching his vlog. I think I've come to the right place! I've never been a fan of Michael's vlogs or (lack of vlogs!), I watched them but more to see the chateau.
So, what was the racist stuff Sadie posted? I've never been a fan of hers, especially her moody kid! I did an eye roll when Sadie was promoted, but nodded in agreement when someone posted a comment on FB, "another hanger-on-er"!

Hi. New here, I actually spend a lot of time on tattle but it had never crossed my mind that this type of youtubers had threads here (I always read about beauty bloggers). So thank you Michael for letting me now, I've had a lovely weekend reading about all of these people here.

I am so glad that so many of the things that were bothering me about this family have been talked about by a lot of people.

I just hate the constant asking for things for free. I get getting a patreon or setting up a go fund me for an individual project, but there is constant complaining and begging for everything for free and crying about not having money while they live in a castle.

I also always finds it super annoying that none of the kids ever does any work, it's always her elderly father doing the manual labor. I get that he probably knows more, but he can tell her adult children how to do something and just supervise. A few months ago there was a video where he was digging a trench while both her sons just looked and filmed him.

I also hate how bad they are at acting. In the recent hole video, the whole begging was so fake and unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Like a few on this page, I came here after watching his vlog. I think I've come to the right place! I've never been a fan of Michael's vlogs or (lack of vlogs!), I watched them but more to see the chateau.
So, what was the racist stuff Sadie posted? I've never been a fan of hers, especially her moody kid! I did an eye roll when Sadie was promoted, but nodded in agreement when someone posted a comment on FB, "another hanger-on-er"!
Hi, you will find a lot of Petherick related posts on the Chateau diary threads
I recall 2 different posts contains Sadies awful Facebook comments.

• Heart
Hi. New here, I actually spend a lot of time on tattle but it had never crossed my mind that this type of youtubers had threads here (I always read about beauty bloggers). So thank you Michael for letting me now, I've had a lovely weekend reading about all of these people here.

I am so glad that so many of the things that were bothering me about this family have been talked about by a lot of people.

I just hate the constant asking for things for free. I get getting a patreon or setting up a go fund me for an individual project, but there is constant complaining and begging for everything for free and crying about not having money while they live in a castle.

I also always finds it super annoying that none of the kids ever does any work, it's always her elderly father doing the manual labor. I get that he probably knows more, but he can tell her adult children how to do something and just supervise. A few months ago there was a video where he was digging a trench while both her sons just looked and filmed him.

I also hate how bad they are at acting. In the recent hole video, the whole begging was so fake and unnecessary.

I didn't notice any begging in that video...I'll have to go watch it again to see what I missed. Plus it's always satisfactory to watch a real man (Mick) do some actual real work!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hi, you will find a lot of Petherick related posts on the Chateau diary threads
I recall 2 different posts contains Sadies awful Facebook comments.
Found it. It's disgusting.

It's disgusting? She is disgusting. I will not watch, or have anything to do with a person with such vile views, or such a crass and revolting way of expressing themselves.

GO AWAY.

• Heart
Reactions: 3