The Pact - BBC1

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have one episode to go. i think I have guessed the twist, but I am resisting the spoilers for once, just to see if Im correct!
Think I guessed the twist by episode 3 but still wasn’t sure until the very end. I thought it was good.

I can’t remember series 1 but did watch it.

Reactions: 1
Did anyone else get confused because the actress who played Christine, the mother, was in series 1 as a different character?
At the start I thought it was continuing from series 1 and something had happened so that she was no longer working for the police and was now a social worker.

Reactions: 3
Did anyone else get confused because the actress who played Christine, the mother, was in series 1 as a different character?
Nah. We didn't see her eating crisps all the time (in S2) so it was obviously a different character. 😂

That actress was also the Exec Producer. I hope she doesn't appear in any more series (if there are any)....that would get a bit daft!

I've just realised that Beth from Series 2 (Christine's colleague/family friend) was played by the actress who was Cynthia in Sex Education (Maeve's landlady at the caravan park, married to Joe Wilkinson's character). I completely missed that! 😀

I guessed the twist, but I thought Kate was the mother of all of, them, and she just kept having babies that Christine just collected.

I've just realised that Beth from Series 2 (Christine's colleague/family friend) was played by the actress who was Cynthia in Sex Education (Maeve's landlady at the caravan park, married to Joe Wilkinson's character). I completely missed that! 😀
Beth was really annoying. Why did she need to know everything? That went way beyond colleagues into nosy Parker territory! When she said to the kids ' you need to tell me everything' we went ' no they bloody don't need to tell you anything!'

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Finished series 1, pretty good. The son Ryan looked way too old for a school kid though 😁
Watched 1st episode of series 2, it seems a little bit slower in pace.

I'm only onto episode 3 so haven't read any of the comments yet.

It's a really really hard watch because Connor is just so unlikeable as a character, I just want him to leave the family alone and in peace!

Reactions: 2
3 episodes into series 2, think I preferred the 1st series, most of the characters are really unlikeable in the 2nd 😁

Well that was a waste of time, characters very very unlikeable and the plotline was literally a repeated episode of Waking the Dead.

Stuck with series 2, was going to give up after 3 episodes but a couple of twists kept us viewing until the end.

Oh wow. Good twist

did not expect that? Was baby Liam, Liam's? Would liked to have known how she came to have the other three.

I thought it was a load of crap , too many plot holes and not one likable character

Reactions: 2
I guessed the twist, but I thought Kate was the mother of all of, them, and she just kept having babies that Christine just collected.

Beth was really annoying. Why did she need to know everything? That went way beyond colleagues into nosy Parker territory! When she said to the kids ' you need to tell me everything' we went ' no they bloody don't need to tell you anything!'
I found Beth a repellent character. So damn nosey and entitled. I hated the way she just stared at people.
The scene where she was trying to seduce her morbidly obese husband was revolting 🤢