Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’ll bite. I was the ‘other woman’ - he was married and had three kids. I knew this. I was also married. We entered into an emotional affair willingly and knowingly. It was some of the best times of my life, but the fallout from it was bad for me and not for him (he ‘got away’ with it). I don’t blame him, It was what it was and we both knew what the consequences could be
Would you mind to share more about the fallout?

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Yes I have. I don’t remember how old I was but I just finished college and he was a lot older than me (embarrassed to say the least but for some reason older men are my thanggg - sorry not sorry)

I didn’t know he had a girlfriend until he ghosted me for two weeks and came back to me saying his girlfriend found a text from me and they had a massive argument. I’m guessing they stayed together as it was long distance so who knows. He said that he had checked out long ago, they weren’t having sex but he wanted me bla bla bla. Stupidly I continued to see him for a bit longer because I was bored, probably lonely and life at home was pretty shocking so I would’ve done anything not to feel like shit. This story is a lot more interesting but I can’t be arsed to elaborate 😅

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
It was the other man, in my family. Then aged seventeen, I was introduced to him as a workmate of my mum's. I liked him.

Soon, it became clear he and my mother were having an affair. I lost respect for all three in the triangle, including my dad for just letting it go on when it was so obvious. Mum left my dad for the other man when I was nearly twenty.

More than thirty years on, I've still not fully come to terms with it all.
Did they stay together?

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Surely we can all discuss it. But without judging. I mean, there’s been lots of discussion on it on this thread, without judgement. If you find it interesting and want to know *if* they feel bad just simply ask “do you feel bad?” You say you asked a question without judgement. But you kinda did judge … 🤷‍♀️

I don’t think the thread is for holding people accountable for a crappy thing. I’m sorry that you’ve obviously been betrayed in a similar situation to this but holding others accountable won’t make anyone feel better.

I’m sure OP of the entire thread just wanted to hear people’s experiences of them being the “other woman”.
It was a direct question, reads quite loaded, but it was essentially - how did you feel and how come.

I'm not personally holding anyone accountable; I was just speaking generally about the issue of affairs.

If women are sharing that they have been the other woman and did/didnt feel bad, naturally questions will be asked about that experience. People have come on here and literally called others scum. I haven't, i said the thing is pretty shitty and I asked to understand more. I haven't actually insulted anyone. Its no deeper than that. This just feels like moderating tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️