the nurse mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she had mentioned her boyfriend lives and works abroad for 70% of the year. Jaxons dad is involved but not all the time. Again I think she said he pops in and out of jaxons life and is not a constant
Yes she has said this .

Reactions: 1
that there are thousands of parents of disabled children in this country
struggling that don't have as much support or any at all. who haven't got a rich boyfriend and the child's father truly has fucked off. getting absolutely nothing. can't even access restbite.. I just find it not to be fair that one women who clearly isn't on her arse for money then gets so much money poured in her sons care just because she has a large following and screamed and shouted the loudest..
What a ridiculous point of view. So because she’s screamed and shouted for help, she shouldn’t get any? If anything she’s highlighted the fact that YES! The whole system is fucked, and there are awful situations out there. She, like many other carers, deserves respite relief & help.

Reactions: 9
struggling that don't have as much support or any at all. who haven't got a rich boyfriend and the child's father truly has fucked off. getting absolutely nothing. can't even access restbite.. I just find it not to be fair that one women who clearly isn't on her arse for money then gets so much money poured in her sons care just because she has a large following and screamed and shouted the loudest..
This lady has been so open & honest about her struggle. SHE didn't set up this latest just giving, other people did. People who've found her story absolutely heartbreaking. Other people who've spoken out too, have probably had the same thing done for them. Other people have brought this to the forefront by sharing & talking about it.

How can you begrudge someone that? She's struggling, people are helping. I'd rather donate to her than one of these rich influencers who get everything for free. Her story breaks my heart

Reactions: 5
Questioning what is going on in her life when she’s laid herself bare, warts and all, IS horrible. I’m all for difference of opinion, but on this? Can’t see how any one would have a different opinion unless they suffer from a complete lack of empathy.
I didn't question what was going on in her life, merely pointed out what the person asked wasn't hate or trolling.
We'll have to agree to disagree I'm afraid and as a mature adult I can appreciate our opinions differ.

How do I know she’s had him for two months? She posted him in September I don’t know if he’s been around before? Sounds like you know a LOT about her though 👀 no one told her to remove the single mum status. Your behaviour on here is what will turn people hostile.

Exactly the response I was looking for. Dignified and helpful! Thank you

And given ‘Gemma’ has commented on threads slating a parent that lost her one day old baby, I think your moral high ground is unfounded. Go back to the rock you climbed out from.
Think you’ll find I commented regarding the woman’s ‘gentle parenting’ technique, not slating anything to do with her loss, how she handle it, her life. Merely her pushy approach on to other Mums. Nice try at attempting to make yourself look like less of a tit person though. You failed. And my behaviour? I think I’ll sleep easy tonight knowing I’ve defended someone in dire need, thanks all the same.

Your disdain for a mum trying her best for her son is astounding! She never asked for the 2 most recent JG pages, and the fundraiser she did was specifically for his chair. Are you saying she shouldn't use respite because someone somewhere else can't access it? How about we make it so BOTH have access to something so desperately vital? If she can draw attention to her experience, then it draws attention to the cruelty and disparity people with disabled children face. That can only be a good thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She didn’t start off with a large following, it was the recent share of Jaxon that gained her 40k I believe. When she started to realise that the carers being taken was a very real possibility.

I’ve found myself getting quite riled up defending Kaytee today, I don’t know her personally nor have I ever spoken to her. But I have known struggles in regards to children with additional needs, and back in the grip of my plight I was an empty shell of a human. Fighting tooth and nail to get my daughter funding just so she could merely access a relatively normal education. But this story, Kaytee and Jaxon, is so much more horrendous, and yet she’s still expected to cope. I suppose my extra empathy comes from a place of slightly understanding the battles. It really has touched me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Think you’ll find I commented regarding the woman’s ‘gentle parenting’ technique, not slating anything to do with her loss, how she handle it, her life. Merely her pushy approach on to other Mums. Nice try at attempting to make yourself look like less of a tit person though. You failed. And my behaviour? I think I’ll sleep easy tonight knowing I’ve defended someone in dire need, thanks all the same.
Lol calm down. This is tattle.life. remember that!

Disgusting thread. Since when does getting a new boyfriend take you out of the ‘single mum’ bracket? She posted about her boyfriend in September, so by October we’re expecting this same guy to be playing Daddy to her son do we? Imagine if he actually was, no doubt she’d be ripped apart for that too for letting him play a role so quickly. Plus, the only reason she had a holiday is because she managed to secure some respite care for Jaxon in a hospice, it seems barely anyone slating her is a long term follower, so you’re jumping to conclusions.

She set up one fundraising page for Jaxon’s chair, which later got funded. She then made it very clear the funds would now be used towards a training programme she’s thoroughly researched but was just a pipe dream, to possibly change Jaxon’s eating habits. The other pages were set up by other people just a few days ago. She’s been more than honest every step of the way.

The money that’s been raised is an absolute pittance in the great scheme of things, and would last 5 minutes if the carers are taken away. I donated and I’d do it again, I don’t care if she spends the money on a food shop or a bill, anything that takes momentary pressure off of her is fine by me.

Shame on you who are questioning it, and I very much hope none of you have to go through even one tenth of what she clearly does. If you haven’t donated, I don’t see why you’re concerning yourself in what the funds are to be spent on.
People are allowed different opinions and you need to accept that 😁

I lived with and grown up with, throughout my life, 100’s of severely disabled children, so to say that we lack empathy.. well take a leaf out of your own book and don’t jump to conclusions.

No one said anything about her gofundmes, and no one has made any conclusions about her but you? Just questioning her reaction to this so called ‘hate’ .. which is allowed.

She is broadcasting her child’s life and health problems all over the internet.. he hasn’t got the capacity to give consent and he is a vulnerable child. She opened herself up to this, she wanted to share every aspect of hers and her child’s life. So she should (and you!) accept that there are people who will see things differently and perhaps question her from time to time.

Also, whether she likes it or not, charitable funds are accountable for and if funders were to ask, she is liable to answer honestly. Not doing so is an offence.

Calm down!

Reactions: 6
i really feel for her but It doesn’t sit right that she has all these just giving pages on the go when she’s parading round in Louis Vuitton.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Does it matter what she spends the money on?
I wouldn’t resent her a holiday or a spa day or anything really if it gave her some breathing space to be able to a. Deal with her very poorly son. b. Help her fight to make a difference for Jaxon and other children.
She’s using her platform for a fantastic reason and while many others utilise it completely for themselves I genuinely believe she wants/needs to make a difference!
I applaud her for showing us all the reality of what her and her poor little boy are going through as difficult as it is to watch sometimes.
I’ve also donated to one of the go funds.
I hope she raises enough to ensure she and jaxon have a nice comfortable life because unfortunately they are just existing at the moment.
A very sad story indeed and a battle I genuinely hope she wins and will be backing all the way!

Reactions: 9
i really feel for her but It doesn’t sit right that she has all these just giving pages on the go when she’s parading round in Louis Vuitton.
Might have been a gift, fake etc etc. Might be old. I dont know, I think her life seems pretty tough to be honest so a little something nice is lovely for her. I would imagine she would trade all those things in a heartbeat!

Personally I think she is a brave woman who is human and doing the best she can for that little boy, who clearly loves his mummy dearly.

Reactions: 11
I really, really like her. Let her have as many go fund me pages as she can get - I hope she gets thousands. I’m not interested in her ex, I’m not interested in her current boyfriend, I’m interested in a little boy not getting the care that he and his mother need. I’ve got a LV purse and bag, they were gifts! I think she’s a brilliant mum who is trying her best and having to watch while her son is being let down by the very people whose duty it is to help him. I find the whole thing shocking.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We're not here to make life even more difficult for those facing adversity, so locking this thread.

Reactions: 36
Hi,

Can you define what a large following is? The Nurse Mum has over 50k followers and now has started doing ADs and recently hinted she may not be taking up her regular job.

She is working with Dove UK and recently did an ad for a multivitamin company.

I understand she is in a different situation to most, but she does appear to be contradicting herself and is defensive about her lack of transparency. I didn't know she was engaged for example, which is fine and congrats to her, but I'm unsure why she has deliberately kept it under wraps as it were.

I'm not outright accusing her of anything, but she does fit in the category of influencer now does she not? So I'm unsure why she can't be discussed civilly like any one else?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi,

Can you define what a large following is? The Nurse Mum has over 50k followers and now has started doing ADs and recently hinted she may not be taking up her regular job.

She is working with Dove UK and recently did an ad for a multivitamin company.

I understand she is in a different situation to most, but she does appear to be contradicting herself and is defensive about her lack of transparency. I didn't know she was engaged for example, which is fine and congrats to her, but I'm unsure why she has deliberately kept it under wraps as it were.

I'm not outright accusing her of anything, but she does fit in the category of influencer now does she not? So I'm unsure why she can't be discussed civilly like any one else?
Hi, it was decided amongst members to not have a thread on her http://tattle.life/threads/the-nurse-mum.3396/post-587701

Has anything changed since then?

Reactions: 3
Hi, it was decided amongst members to not have a thread on her http://tattle.life/threads/the-nurse-mum.3396/post-587701

Has anything changed since then?
Hi, yes, the ADs and the hinting about potentially not taking the nurse job have come about since that decision.

I don't claim to be an expert, but she has said she is an 'accidental influencer' and will be doing more ads with her 'regular' job. She then went on to 'hint' that she might not go through with the 'regular' job.

Reactions: 3
It gets a bit difficult saying someone is off limits if they're doing ads. Do people want this thread closed or open?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.