The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I agree Emma was present for some of the time but the article doesn't say she's there on the day of the birth. Maybe they've conveniently left that detail out, which is very odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yes, I agree Emma was present for some of the time but the article doesn't say she's there on the day of the birth. Maybe they've conveniently left that detail out, which is very odd.
She’s maybe realised things aren’t going to end well and bailed.

Reactions: 2
She’s maybe realised things aren’t going to end well and bailed.
Exactly. The tone of that article which I do find difficult to ascertain but anyway, the tone towards the NHS midwife is off. If things aren't what they appear TND is finished, the health service will hang her out to dry. I have nothing against Doulas, I think they're a great auxiliary support system but her account is all over the place. A review needs to happen here and thats not pointing any blame at anyone, its simply necessary to establish the facts. Those articles....not facts.

Reactions: 10
This woman is so dangerous 😡😡 if you have strep b it can and has killed babies, why would you advise against antibiotics that will save a babies life?? And putting off people having a sweep too, when i had mine i was told i was nowhere near ready to give birth and they booked me in for an induction a week later, but that night i did go into labour and thank god i did as it saved my babies life
Screenshot_20220725-162845_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220725-162944_Instagram.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
This woman is so dangerous 😡😡 if you have strep b it can and has killed babies, why would you advise against antibiotics that will save a babies life?? And putting off people having a sweep too, when i had mine i was told i was nowhere near ready to give birth and they booked me in for an induction a week later, but that night i did go into labour and thank god i did as it saved my babies lifeView attachment 1445523View attachment 1445524
She makes me so bleeping mad. How many babies have died because of her bleeping ignorance? Yeah, most babies won't die from Strep B, but if taking antibiotics stops even 1 woman losing her baby, it's worth it you bleeping witch.

• Angry
Reactions: 34
This woman is so dangerous 😡😡 if you have strep b it can and has killed babies, why would you advise against antibiotics that will save a babies life?? And putting off people having a sweep too, when i had mine i was told i was nowhere near ready to give birth and they booked me in for an induction a week later, but that night i did go into labour and thank god i did as it saved my babies lifeView attachment 1445523View attachment 1445524
Her giving advice on medical issues is completely out of her realm. Especially advice that is contradictory to professional opinion. 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Just an observation but I noticed Louise Thompson follows the naked doula too. We don’t know any specific details with Louise’s birth but something very serious happened as her baby was in ICU and she was in hospital for a month (I believe she went home initially then had to be rushed back in). May just be a coincidence that she follows her but still, I thought it was worth noting.

Reactions: 13
People need to pull up their big kid pants and accept that sometimes, medical professionals will tell you something you don’t want to hear because it can/will affect your safety during pregnancy! It’s not fat shaming, body shaming, any of that crap. It’s medical advice! I absolutely cannot abide seeing posts shared by this account, makes me sooo angry.

Also this BMI stuff. You can’t monitor a baby safely if a mother is fat - sorry - you can’t. that’s why water births are discouraged. Encouraging mothers with BMI’s that are very high is endangering lives.
Agree 100%!! I was overweight when pregnant, still am now, and I was very lucky to not have any real problems with my pregnancy but I’m not stupid enough to think that I was anything but lucky.

Reactions: 15
Didn't she come off insta just after Lauren gs baby died? I'm unsure as to why, but reading this thread I'm beginning to have my suspicions.
Her whole Instagram is terrifying.

Reactions: 14
I don’t know why anyone would take medical advice from someone whose Instagram is like a cartoon.

Edit - I don’t know why anyone would take medical advice from Instagram 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Didn't she come off insta just after Lauren gs baby died? I'm unsure as to why, but reading this thread I'm beginning to have my suspicions.
Her whole Instagram is terrifying.
No. I thought she would have but when I checked the next day to see if she had put out a message of support or condolence or anything, her stories were just the usual peddling her wares. And ever since, you would think she would tread a bit more carefully or post with a bit more sensitivity but nope, still being a dangerously irresponsible con artist. It’s all about the moolah baby! Not concern for women or advocating women’s rights.

Reactions: 8
No. I thought she would have but when I checked the next day to see if she had put out a message of support or condolence or anything, her stories were just the usual peddling her wares. And ever since, you would think she would tread a bit more carefully or post with a bit more sensitivity but nope, still being a dangerously irresponsible con artist. It’s all about the moolah baby! Not concern for women or advocating women’s rights.
I’m sure she said she had an insta break as some births take it out of you emotionally so it must be LGs

Reactions: 5
"Flick the bean" during labour. Hahahaha. I wonder how many women she's told to do that.
I also wonder how much she charges for her knowledge and experience?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Pasting this over from Laurens thread, in case there's anyone on here who isn't x

Have only posted once so far so forgive me If I offend anybody I can see that a lot of you have had some really harrowing experiences and can't begin to imagine how that must make you feel every day, my heart goes out to you.

Reading that article just felt like I needed to say, If there are any pregnant women reading this who might think they're causing a fuss by calling their midwife if they feel there's even a very small chance something might be wrong please please please call your midwife, triage, hospital and get professional medical advice. You are not overreacting or taking up their time. We are so fortunate to live in a country that has these services even if they are not perfect and some things aren't always preventable but if there's even the slightest chance that it could be it is always better to check. Sadly too many influencers push this pureist narrative regarding pregnancy and too many people listen, that inkling you're feeling might just save your baby's life if you have it checked.

I'm very fortunate to have two healthy children but that may not have been the case without the help of the NHS and qualified midwives,if still birth can be prevented we should absolutely use every tool at our disposal to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Pasting this over from Laurens thread, in case there's anyone on here who isn't x

Have only posted once so far so forgive me If I offend anybody I can see that a lot of you have had some really harrowing experiences and can't begin to imagine how that must make you feel every day, my heart goes out to you.

Reading that article just felt like I needed to say, If there are any pregnant women reading this who might think they're causing a fuss by calling their midwife if they feel there's even a very small chance something might be wrong please please please call your midwife, triage, hospital and get professional medical advice. You are not overreacting or taking up their time. We are so fortunate to live in a country that has these services even if they are not perfect and some things aren't always preventable but if there's even the slightest chance that it could be it is always better to check. Sadly too many influencers push this pureist narrative regarding pregnancy and too many people listen, that inkling you're feeling might just save your baby's life if you have it checked.

I'm very fortunate to have two healthy children but that may not have been the case without the help of the NHS and qualified midwives,if still birth can be prevented we should absolutely use every tool at our disposal to do that.
My advice I would add on to this is to be prepared to absolutely insist and be ready to kick up a fuss as sadly in many trusts, you’d be told to stay at home or go home. That’s all I’m saying about that as I know pregnant women will be reading this.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I only came across her recently, a friend is a doula but she doesn’t (as far as I know) spout unsafe advice.
This had me slightly concerned because babies have died but she’s so blasé about it.
i actually reported this to Instagram under health misinformation. I doubt they will do anything but she might get a warning if enough people report it.

Reactions: 6
I don’t know how she sleeps at night knowing women and babies could become seriously ill/lose their lives because of her ‘advice’. She should stay in her lane, the gutter would be appropriate.

Reactions: 11